• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MSNBC POLL

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

hydrochloride wrote:
I do not support voting more than once. Voter fraud is one of the big problems with democracy, let's lead by example.
See this is where the big mistake is made. We're not a democracy and the whole voting on everything has got to stop.

Democracy is a sure fire road to communism. We are a Republic. We started off on the right road....but we've traveled down the wrong one for many years now.

The more I think about this... just the idea that we're voting on RIGHTS disgusts me. It disgusts me even more knowing that 35% of Americans believe they can take away people's rights just by a majority opinion.

We need to forget about Democracy and work to restore the Republic.

DEROS72

imported post

They will skew that report if they bother to broadcast result in the first place.I think it was wake up call for this extremely left wing network to realize most in the country favor it.Even some hardcore liberals I would take to task on any other issue but find there are some libs out there that believe in the right to bear arms and that is one thing we can stand together on.

By the way I am probably the worst typist so if you need a klingon to read my posts I understand.....

1245A Defender

imported post

i see possibly 7 of us attending this meet. would anybody be interested in meeting early, for a coffee?

downtown bremerton parking will be tight if there is a good turnout. it might be a big help to meet and then carpool to downtown.

if your planning on coming from the seattle side,, you should know the meeting place is only about 3 blocks walk from the ferry dock.

gsx1138

imported post

I'll have to see if I can make this. I may have both my kids so I don't know how well that will work out. They get bored easy. But we do like to go down near the convention center so they can play by the fountains.

Lexington_Son

imported post

My reply to this MSNBC poll discussion:

What does it matter if people think that freely exercizing your rights is inappropriate? People thought that black men and women voting was inappropriate for many years, even after it was legally their right to do so...

I think that the premise of the question is flawed. It assumes that whatever the majority deems to be "appropriate", by extension should be... which would be to ignore that we are a country of laws and not of men. Whatever is not expressly forbidden by law is legal, and therefore is every citizens right and privilege.

No one should be against people freely exercizing their rights whether it be how they legally speak their mind, who they legally choose to love, how they legally practice their religion, or where they legally carry their firearms.

To suggest otherwise would be to put popular opinion over legal rights. If the ebb and flow of popular opinion became the precedent, we'd quickly fall into chaos as no one would be able to be sure that they can legally exercize their rights to do or say anything without reprisals or selective denial of their rights.

gsx1138

imported post

Lexington_Son wrote:
My reply to this MSNBC poll discussion:

What does it matter if people think that freely exercizing your rights is inappropriate? People thought that black men and women voting was inappropriate for many years, even after it was legally their right to do so...

I think that the premise of the question is flawed. It assumes that whatever the majority deems to be "appropriate", by extension should be... which would be to ignore that we are a country of laws and not of men. Whatever is not expressly forbidden by law is legal, and therefore is every citizens right and privilege.

No one should be against people freely exercizing their rights whether it be how they legally speak their mind, who they legally choose to love, how they legally practice their religion, or where they legally carry their firearms.

To suggest otherwise would be to put popular opinion over legal rights. If the ebb and flow of popular opinion became the precedent, we'd quickly fall into chaos as no one would be able to be sure that they can legally exercize their rights to do or say anything without reprisals or selective denial of their rights.

Very well stated and my thoughts exactly.

DEROS72

imported post

Has anyone seen if they have reported or how they reported the results of this pole?

Batousaii

imported post

hydrochloride wrote:
NBC has skews the their reports to meet their own political agenda...this is not the news, it's propaganda.

Link to their skewed poll results ? i'd be curious to see what they had to say.

- I see the actual poll ended at 69.1% Approval ,,, but haven't seen them mention any new stories or discussions.... again, i'd be curious to see if they commented or reported on the poll results.

TY - Bat

1245A Defender

imported post

i went OC X 2. GSX1138 and i were the only ones there! we didnt get in. plenty copsaw me, nobody said anything. ill post a pic later. OK its later. im on the left with 2 guns, with GSX1138 on the right! we had a nice visit!