• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC in a restuarant/bar question

wylde007

imported post

That's why I contend that it's better to be "with the band" who are contractors being hired to provide a service and you are in their employ, not the club's. I think you would still be covered under J(3) as the "event sponsor" or employee.

The burden lies with the officer to prove that you are not actually in the chain of employment, but you take your own risks, I suppose.

When I work shows, I am ALWAYS armed, because I am generally loading-in, loading out behind buildings, in alleys and at VERY LATE hours (sometimes 2, 3 o'clock in the morning). I am not an "employee" of the club, but I have been hired by the event promoter to provide sound reinforcement and it is more appropriate to conceal my defensive weapon while rigging gear on a stage in front of hundreds of rowdy concert-goers.

These are just my experiences and opinions from someone who has exercised his perception of J(3) and had a couple of interactions with VB police (who are, admittedly, much better than Norfolk) who have acceded to same.