Thread: Live video from your cell phone

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

So, I'm not sure if you've seen this yet, but there was a recent posting about a - ahem - topless female OC'er who got arrested, and there were various videos of the event online. Many of these videos were shot on cell phones and uploaded live to a free online video service called Qik. Neat stuff.

I decided about a year ago that this could prove useful in the future, were I to witness something newsworthy. Mainly because it a) captures the moment with both audio and video, and b) sends the recording elsewhere, so if the phone is ever taken from me, they can't tamper with the evidence.

Well, I finally decided to look into it. As it turns out, there's a plethora of devices out there that are compatible, and mine is one of them!

I've posted a couple test videos here: http://qik.com/zigziggityzoo

It's pretty easy, you just register for an account, select your device, and download the program to your phone. Within minutes you'll be streaming live.

Check it out. It could prove useful in the future.

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    So, I'm not sure if you've seen this yet, but there was a recent posting about a - ahem - topless female OC'er who got arrested, and there were various videos of the event online. Many of these videos were shot on cell phones and uploaded live to a free online video service called Qik. Neat stuff.

I decided about a year ago that this could prove useful in the future, were I to witness something newsworthy. Mainly because it a) captures the moment with both audio and video, and b) sends the recording elsewhere, so if the phone is ever taken from me, they can't tamper with the evidence.

Well, I finally decided to look into it. As it turns out, there's a plethora of devices out there that are compatible, and mine is one of them!

I've posted a couple test videos here: http://qik.com/zigziggityzoo

It's pretty easy, you just register for an account, select your device, and download the program to your phone. Within minutes you'll be streaming live.

Check it out. It could prove useful in the future.
    Neat post I will deff be trying it out myself.

Topless female OC'er? WHERE is the vid of THAT? LoL

Post imported post

My outdated phone is not supported :X

Post imported post

Works pretty well on my phone, upload was kinda slow had me on a 45 second delay after 20 seconds of video, works for its purpose.

Post imported post

The only video I found of this was really poor quality and it was all the backs of the women.. disappointed. :P

Post imported post

Heres a link to my qik site.. Pretty sweet. Surprisingly faster than I thought it would be. My first/only video at this point is of various lettering on my Sig P225. Just seeing how clear it is.

http://qik.com/astrogiblet

Post imported post

DOH! My Razr is not supported!

Post imported post

astrogiblet wrote:
    The only video I found of this was really poor quality and it was all the backs of the women.. disappointed. :P
    That was intentional, to keep it youtube-friendly. Someone complained, and they yanked it anyway.