Thread: Mayor Quimby is in fine company

Post imported post

Seattle's Mayor Nickels is a member of the Mayors Against Illegal Guns Coalition. An organization which, well, doesn't think too highly of gun owners or ownership. In fact, if pending prosecutions prevail, and those charged are convicted, the organization will have a conviction rate five times that of the American population.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayors_...ion#Washington

Post imported post

Mayors are beginning to see what this organization truly is and are starting to quit their association with them. Mayor Nickles opinion is of no use to them anymore, since he lost the election.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Post imported post

Wow. I move out of Seattle a scant three months ago, and already I have no idea what is going on there. I didn't even know he was up for reelection.

Oh well, I don't miss it at all. I'm better off without Seattle, and I imagine to many of it's limp-wristed nanny-state residents, Seattle is better off without me. Parting is such sweet sorrow.

Post imported post

Sorry, Mayor Nickels membership in this organization ceases after the end of this year. The voters kicked his ample ass to the curb in the primary. I'd wager that there will be a lot more of the mayors on this list that will be sitting on the curb later this year as voters start waking up.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

Beware: MAIG has apparently claimed some mayors as members, when they aren't.

http://freestateblogs.net/node/7839