• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy Dead at 77

Fallschirjmäger

imported post

My deepest sympathies to the family of the esteemed Senator from Chappaquiddick.

(You know typing Chappaquiddick in Search takes you to the Wikipedia for Kennedy? Funny how life works, y'know.)

NoHadji

imported post

So now who replaces him? Maybe Mass. can actuallyproduce a goodconservative. The political games he was playing with the special election crap was despicable.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

hamourkiller wrote:
Good by killer! Hope you rot in hell! Hope and pray your family hurts as much as Mary Joe's did.
Even if you feel this way, I suggest you share your feelings somewhere else as it's not welcome here. Weather or not you liked the guy, dead people deserve your polite mourning, or at the very least your silence, just as your family deserves my silence when ppl like you kick the bucket.

BTW, I didn't like his positions on things much either.

hamourkiller

imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
hamourkiller wrote:
Good by killer! Hope you rot in hell! Hope and pray your family hurts as much as Mary Joe's did.
Even if you feel this way, I suggest you share your feelings somewhere else as it's not welcome here. Weather or not you liked the guy, dead people deserve your polite mourning, or at the very least your silence, just as your family deserves my silence when ppl like you kick the bucket.

He was a stone cold killer who left a girl to drown and ran home to mamma. Who then covered his crime using political power and money. Hope he rots in hell. Same for Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin and all other despots who used political power to get away with murder. One or a million it is all the same. I'll never feel sympathy for any of the "Dead" men listed.

No justice for her, no sympathy for him.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

hamourkiller wrote:
IndianaBoy79 wrote:
hamourkiller wrote:

He was a stone cold killer who left a girl to drown and ran home to mamma. Who then covered his crime using political power and money. Hope he rots in hell. Same for Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin and all other despots who used political power to get away with murder. One or a million it is all the same. I'll never feel sympathy for any of the "Dead" men listed.

Maybe so, I really don't KNOW all the facts. Even so, do you realize how mature you sound? I asked no sympathy for him, only silence for his families sake, and for the sake of how people view us on this PUBLIC website. Do you really think your harsh words do well to serve her justice? If you feel this strongly, you should have manned up and done something before he was dead instead of running your smart mouth off now.

milkmanjoe

imported post

The types of ugly, immature, and vicious writings posted here are the exact reasons I rarely come to these forums and post. This site needs to police itself, it is a public site, read by many, and surely some of those readers are gathering information to be used against your very long term goal. Arguments and possibly slanderous remarks only fuel the cause against any sort of carry by making all of us look like a bunch of arguing idiots. I live in a concealed carry state, yet I support OpenCarry as I believe in the cause, but if people here are going to vary from the goal and act like children it will only hurt the reasoning behind this site.

I didn't care for many of the ideals of Senator Kennedy, and have always been particularly bewildered by the Kopechne "verdict", but he is dead now and his family didn't kill Ms. Kopechne and ugly remarks are neither mature or necessary. Some of the remarks I have read here lead me to believe some people need anger management BEFORE the are allowed to carry, and that is how visitors here will see it too.

I shall continue to "enjoy" my right to carry, and I wish you all success in the endeavor to carry openly, but this site needs to stop the ugly arguing and name calling, it is childish and negative, both of which serve no positive purpose.

I patiently await the onslaught coming from certain keyboards here, though I hope cooler heads will begin to prevail and focus will be re-attained.

hamourkiller

imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
hamourkiller wrote:
IndianaBoy79 wrote:
hamourkiller wrote:

Maybe so, I really don't KNOW all the facts. Even so, do you realize how mature you sound? I asked no sympathy for him, only silence for his families sake, and for the sake of how people view us on this PUBLIC website. Do you really think your harsh words do well to serve her justice? If you feel this strongly, you should have manned up and done something before he was dead instead of running your smart mouth off now.
My whole adult life has had that smug face smilling and down talking my belief that the second amendment to the constitution was an individual right, while he said no you dont know what you are talking about.He wanted to take every gun from every common man on this plannet. At the sametime he had machinegun armed guards to protect his royal hypocritical no swimming behind.

Now he is maggot food and a traitor to this country is dead. Hell yes I am Happy he is gone! Hewas a modernBennedict Arnold as well as a murderer. Dead traitors and Dead murderers are good things.

I feel as much sympathy for his family as they felt for Mary Joe and hers.

It will be a cold day where ole swimmer is before I take part in some hypocritical display of sympathy for him or his, or discuss his many wonderful traits!

It says something about you that you want to make sympathetic yet hypocritical mewings about his passing. He was one of the most anti gun and anti self protection politicians on the face of this plannet! He wanted you to be his vassel or slave with no means to protect yourself or family. So tell us how much you apreciated his finer pointsof how hetrampled your rights, or when he drowned that young girl (Mary Joe). Tell us how inspiring it was that he could swim to shore and run home to mother but forget to call the police for a day or so. Was that not inspiring political theater?

Come on Indianaboy79, tell us how you felt about ole swimmer, I told you how I felt about him, disgust and contempt lead the way.

Let the Indianaboy79 Eulogy to the life and times of Teddy Kennedy begin!

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

I don't miss or mourn this man's passing for a number of reasons, the primary one being the death of Mary Jo Kopechne. I am the father of two grown daughters and were I Miss Kopechne's father, there is no way I could ever forgive or forget what was done to my daughter.

For those who may not be aware of what happened or perhaps may have had their memories clouded a little, may I suggest the book, "Senatorial Privilege: The Chappaquiddick Cover-Up".You will find how Mary Jo lived for approximately ten minutes in the car before the pockets of air were exhausted of their oxygen. Think of the fear and anquish this young woman went through during her last minutes on earth.. while the senator did nothing except trying to figure out how to save his own butt. Then his appearance several days later at an arranged "news conference" in a neck brace, no less, looking for all the world as the victim of this tragedy.

No, I cannot find it in my heart or soul any consolation or feelings of sorrow for this man. The devil will have his fun with this Kennedy's soul.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

milkmanjoe wrote:
The types of ugly, immature, and vicious writings posted here are the exact reasons I rarely come to these forums and post.
Correct. So many gun owners look like hateful, mean-spirited, pro-torture, anti-urban, bible-beating southerners.

That sort of horribly un-cool person scares off everyone else.

milkmanjoe

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
milkmanjoe wrote:
The types of ugly, immature, and vicious writings posted here are the exact reasons I rarely come to these forums and post.
Correct. So many gun owners look like hateful, mean-spirited, pro-torture, anti-urban, bible-beating southerners.

That's right, and the ugliness is almost scaring me off. The obvious division between people here is so obvious, yet this is "supposed" to be a place where ideas bring the cause together.

We have our guns, Kennedy has died, and maybe his soul will deal with his "human-ness" in the afterlife. To have this forum bashing him at death does nothing for carry rights except to make us look bad. Let's stick with the real concern here:Carry Rights.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
milkmanjoe wrote:

I resent that remark. Why did you not say northerners, or westerners, or New Englanders? What do you have against us? And why on earth would you do this in a forum of like-minded gunowners who are primarily interested in advancing the Bill of Rights again?

hamourkiller

imported post

Those of us who knew the maggot foodfor what he was, talk about him in a most unpleasant way.

I am waiting for the Kennedy Eulogy from the weeping amongst us, but alas all we get is personal attack against us who despised this evil man. Please speak your mind on the life and times of Teddy!

Tell us of how you forgive and most importantly how you forget his actions.

Pray do tell us of his great achievements and deeds, tell us of his sterling character!

Of how he inspired you and how you wish to emulate him!

Please Please Please rebut our mistaken memories and impressions of the great mans past.

Please oh please re-tell the stories of his greatness and how he left the earth a better but sadder place with his passing.

Maybe you are going to avoid the personal challenges of the recently departed and tell us how we should try to treat our political opponents with the same sense of fair play and humaness that he showed to his opponenets?

Well maybe not, as we would be listed as domestic terrorist if we treated them the way they have treated us these many years.

You forgive and forget if you wish, I choose not to.

ODA 226

imported post

This murderous person is standing beforeGod and I'm sure the Lord's justice will be served. That's all I have to say about the (Former) Senator from Mass.

ufcfanvt

imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
hamourkiller wrote:
Even if you feel this way, I suggest you share your feelings somewhere else as it's not welcome here.  Weather or not you liked the guy, dead people deserve your polite mourning, or at the very least your silence, just as your family deserves my silence when ppl like you kick the bucket.

Those views are VERY welcome here. All must be accountable for their actions, during life and after death, EVEN just after death.