Thread: Anybody shoot at the Prickly Pear or High Ore ranges?

Post imported post

I've paid for my key for Prickly Pear, but not High Ore.

Prickly Pear only have 25 and 50 yard pistol. Does anybody know if it's "against the rules" to shoot handguns at distances closer than 25 yards?

Does the High Ore Range allow for shooting closer than 25 yards for pistol?

Post imported post

I was a member of Prickley Pear and will never go near the place again. You cannot shoot at distances less than what they have, and you have to use a bench when shooting a rifle. No rapid fire. Several times I had club officers be openly hostile to me taking out my homeland defense rifle. I lived 2 miles from the place and I would drive the hour to High Ore.

High Ore you can shoot the distance you want (safety rules however), caliber you want, at the speed that you want. There are steel plate racks for you to use, including .22LR and centerfire pistol. There are plates setup out to 300 on the rifle range. It does lack the improved look of the covered positions, but we move when we shoot so I don't need them. We also hold competitions from cowboy action, defensive pistol, to Three Gun. It is less competition and more like fun.

http://www.lastchancehandgunners.com is the website for High Ore.

-MCZ

Post imported post

I appreciate the response. Sounds like High Ore is the place for me. I've been wanting to find somewhere a little closer to shoot 3-gun as well. Thanks

MontanaCZ wrote:
    I was a member of Prickley Pear and will never go near the place again. You cannot shoot at distances less than what they have, and you have to use a bench when shooting a rifle. No rapid fire. Several times I had club officers be openly hostile to me taking out my homeland defense rifle. I lived 2 miles from the place and I would drive the hour to High Ore.

High Ore you can shoot the distance you want (safety rules however), caliber you want, at the speed that you want. There are steel plate racks for you to use, including .22LR and centerfire pistol. There are plates setup out to 300 on the rifle range. It does lack the improved look of the covered positions, but we move when we shoot so I don't need them. We also hold competitions from cowboy action, defensive pistol, to Three Gun. It is less competition and more like fun.

http://www.lastchancehandgunners.com is the website for High Ore.

-MCZ

Post imported post

High Ore is pretty active with shoots almost every weekend from May through September. We even do night shoots for defensive pistol and I think one of the tactical rifle ones. Come on out this weekend as we are doing an Appleseed and show us what you are made of.

-MontanaCZ

Post imported post

MontanaCZ wrote:
    High Ore is pretty active with shoots almost every weekend from May through September. We even do night shoots for defensive pistol and I think one of the tactical rifle ones. Come on out this weekend as we are doing an Appleseed and show us what you are made of.

-MontanaCZ
    Man I've been wanting to shoot an Appleseed for a while but I've already committed to shooting the 3-gun in Bozeman on Saturday. I'll for sure be at the next defensive pistol match. Just ordered a new OWB holster for winter carry and I want to get handy with it.

Post imported post

There is the last Appleseed of the year on the 19th and 20th in Three Forks.