• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns and Buns

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Make to plans attend

Place: Flaming Geyser Park
Date: September 13th, 12 Noon

6 kitchen shelters(reserveable) without electricity, 56 sheltered and 172 unsheltered picnic tables. Since they want $97.50 to reserve a kitchen shelter we will be hopefully getting there early enough to snag a few of the sheltered picnic tables.

http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/?selectedpark=Flaming%20Geyser

Directions:
http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/?selectedpark=Flaming%20Geyser&subject=maps

From SR 18:
Hwy 18 north toward Covington, take the Auburn-Black Diamond Rd. exit. Travel east on Auburn -Black Diamond Rd. approximately 1/8 mile to Green Valley Rd. Turn right (southeast) onto Green Valley Rd. Continue on Green Valley Rd. about nine miles to park entrance. Turn right into park.

Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=flaming+geyser+park,+wa&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=46.409192,78.222656&ie=UTF8&ll=47.303214,-122.195778&spn=0.156218,0.436363&t=h&z=12
attachment.php

DEROS72

imported post

Good Idea Gunr!!! Just set a place and time I'll be there. I'll bring my spam with me for Boo Boo to check out lol!

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I'm hoping to get some input as to a location. State park? City park? County park?

Something easy to get to, has plenty of parking and a shelter and grills.

compmanio365

imported post

What ever happened to the idea of the tri state meet? Did that die again?

There is a park up in King Co by the Green river, they have pretty big picnic areas with grills, and there is people up there all the time flying RC airplanes, etc......might be a good place to check out for this meet; we've never been there before.......

Manu

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
There is a park up in King Co by the Green river, they have pretty big picnic areas with grills, and there is people up there all the time flying RC airplanes, etc......might be a good place to check out for this meet; we've never been there before.......
I think you are talking about Flaming Gyser State Park.

compmanio365

imported post

Yup, that's it Manu......seemed like a nice place, lots of open area for a larger crowd, or would work for a smaller group, so it would work either way. Not too far off the beaten path either.

Off topic, but given my current post count, I thought the change of avatar was appropriate......:p

Squeak

imported post

Guns and Buns. I like that! Oh, hamburger buns? Heck, man! Well, reckon I'll go anyway.;)Gimme a Lat. & Long.

DEROS72

imported post

It would be cool if we could get everyone from all over the state .....

Squeak

imported post

Don't count on me going. I broke my foot and will be laid up for a while. Just have to take it one day at a time.:cry:

Trigger Dr

imported post

Squeek, Rub some of tat salsa on your foot and come... we are having a picnic, Not a DANCE.