Thread: Sub Sonic ammunition

Post imported post

Is subsonic ammo legal in California? My first guess is yes of course it is because we live in California: The Illegal state.

Post imported post

Yes, it is legal. There are all kinds of subsonic ammo that you can buy.

I can't imagine anyone or any place, even California, from banning a slower bullet...

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
    I can't imagine anyone or any place, even California, from banning a slower bullet...
    They're not slower, they're deadly silent! Or they're a silent killer. Or they're ninja bullets. I'm sure the politicians and the media could manage to convince the public that they're "as good as a silencer" or some such nonsense.

Post imported post

bigtoe416 wrote
    They're not slower, they're deadly silent! Or they're a silent killer. Or they're ninja bullets. I'm sure the politicians and the media could manage to convince the public that they're "as good as a silencer" or some such nonsense.
    This following picture would perfectly paint many peoples opinion of California Legislature.

Post imported post

+10 nice pic

Post imported post

Sub Sonic is legal, but there is no reason to use it. It may not expand reliably, it may not cycle in your gun and it lacks the power of supersonic ammo. The only reason to use it is in conjunction with a suppressor, and that is a huge federal offense not worth the risk........Stick to the best quality supersonic ammo that you can afford and use it. Fire off all but a full mag and a spare mag to ensure that it ncycles reliably and replace it every year.

Post imported post

greg36f wrote:
    Sub Sonic is legal, but there is no reason to use it. It may not expand reliably, it may not cycle in your gun and it lacks the power of supersonic ammo. The only reason to use it is in conjunction with a suppressor, and that is a huge federal offense not worth the risk.....
    its lagal for americans to use suppressors but not californians..lol,nah its just easier to access legally in other states-justified as to preserve your hearing while acting on your rights granted by the constitution and castle doctrine(inside the home)

Post imported post

we washingtonions are not allowed to use a suppessor, they are illegal! for us! too!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

greg36f wrote:
    Sub Sonic is legal, but there is no reason to use it. It may not expand reliably, it may not cycle in your gun and it lacks the power of supersonic ammo. The only reasonÂ* to use it is in conjunction with a suppressor, and that is a huge federal offense not worth the risk........Stick to the best quality supersonic ammo that you can afford and use it. Fire off all but a full mag and a spare mag to ensure that it ncycles reliably and replace it every year.Â*
    Subsonic ammo out of my .22 gives GREAT results on small game. However, out of an SD gun, there is a need for speed...

Post imported post

i have a big box! about 4000 rds of russian subsonic target ammo, about 10 yr old. it shoots quiet and accurate. but its greasy! yech!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

Uh oh, I just had a thought. They could use the term subsonic to ban a good chunk of handgun ammo. Isn't most of the .45 out there subsonic? And .380. Those are the most common ones I can think of.

bigtoe416 wrote:
    pullnshoot25 wrote:
    It seems completely insane, but these are the people who want to tell us what color car we can have - I wouldn't put it past them. The velocity of the bullet doesn't mean very much to people who aren't like us. It's all about what they call it. Ninja bullets seems like a viable candidate. It's not like we haven't heard nonsense like that before. "cop-killers(teflon coated?), heat-seeking (incendiary), etc." By the way, if anyone hasn't seen the heat-seeking statement, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRQqieimwLQ

seeing Carolyn McCarthy reminded me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospNR...e=channel_page