• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sub Sonic ammunition

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
I can't imagine anyone or any place, even California, from banning a slower bullet...
They're not slower, they're deadly silent! Or they're a silent killer. Or they're ninja bullets. I'm sure the politicians and the media could manage to convince the public that they're "as good as a silencer" or some such nonsense.

SomeGuyInCali

imported post

bigtoe416 wrote
They're not slower, they're deadly silent! Or they're a silent killer. Or they're ninja bullets. I'm sure the politicians and the media could manage to convince the public that they're "as good as a silencer" or some such nonsense.
This following picture would perfectly paint many peoples opinion of California Legislature.

greg36f

imported post

Sub Sonic is legal, but there is no reason to use it. It may not expand reliably, it may not cycle in your gun and it lacks the power of supersonic ammo. The only reason to use it is in conjunction with a suppressor, and that is a huge federal offense not worth the risk........Stick to the best quality supersonic ammo that you can afford and use it. Fire off all but a full mag and a spare mag to ensure that it ncycles reliably and replace it every year.

brokenbarrel

imported post

greg36f wrote:
Sub Sonic is legal, but there is no reason to use it. It may not expand reliably, it may not cycle in your gun and it lacks the power of supersonic ammo. The only reason to use it is in conjunction with a suppressor, and that is a huge federal offense not worth the risk.....
its lagal for americans to use suppressors but not californians..lol,nah its just easier to access legally in other states-justified as to preserve your hearing while acting on your rights granted by the constitution and castle doctrine(inside the home);)

pullnshoot25

imported post

greg36f wrote:
Sub Sonic is legal, but there is no reason to use it. It may not expand reliably, it may not cycle in your gun and it lacks the power of supersonic ammo. The only reason  to use it is in conjunction with a suppressor, and that is a huge federal offense not worth the risk........Stick to the best quality supersonic ammo that you can afford and use it. Fire off all but a full mag and a spare mag to ensure that it ncycles reliably and replace it every year. 

Subsonic ammo out of my .22 gives GREAT results on small game. However, out of an SD gun, there is a need for speed...

Captain_Awesome

imported post

Uh oh, I just had a thought. They could use the term subsonic to ban a good chunk of handgun ammo. Isn't most of the .45 out there subsonic? And .380. Those are the most common ones I can think of.

bigtoe416 wrote:
pullnshoot25 wrote:
I can't imagine anyone or any place, even California, from banning a slower bullet...
It seems completely insane, but these are the people who want to tell us what color car we can have - I wouldn't put it past them. The velocity of the bullet doesn't mean very much to people who aren't like us. It's all about what they call it. Ninja bullets seems like a viable candidate. It's not like we haven't heard nonsense like that before. "cop-killers(teflon coated?), heat-seeking (incendiary), etc." By the way, if anyone hasn't seen the heat-seeking statement, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRQqieimwLQ

seeing Carolyn McCarthy reminded me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospNRk2uM3U&feature=channel_page