• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NORTH LAS VEGAS OC

paver23

imported post

I have not had any experience in NLV but i have gone through the judicial system of Boulder City for this exact matter. After conversing with the judge and City Attorney of Boulder City neither one could actually tell me if i was legal or not legal to carry in Boulder City but they did tell me that if cited for it(just like i recently have been for a traffic citation recently recieved) that they would dimiss it and they also dimissed the one i just received. I hope this helps.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

According to Boulder City City Attorney Dave Olsen, it is not unlawful to carry in the city limits, as he has agreed that SB92 has preempted their local ordinances.

We did an open carry litter pickup in front of the North Las Vegas police station and had no problems whatsoever.

Tim

infinitearms

imported post

I carry open almost every day in NLV, granted the newer area of town, and never had an issue or been stopped.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

I OC every day in NLV, and on a motorcycle to boot, I have had all sorts of alphabet soup (NLV,NHP,SWAT,Mashals,NLVCP,)ETC, spot me at traffic lights, I run Craig rd from Buffalo to Las Vegas Blvd. and have had some :what:and some thumbs up, even a conversation or two, through a rolled down window but so far no attrition whatsoever, I also have frequented manyestablishments along that route with no problems, Office Depot, Big 5 Mulligans,Viva Zapata, OutbackSteakhouse,Autozone, Family music store,Lowes, Leather Headquarters, Smiths, and many more you should be fine.

DESERT ATILLA

imported post

I also OC almost everyday in NLV. I haven't had any problems. Be sure to read the city ordinances. They may be preempted, but knowledge is power.

ourmanthejoker

imported post

Hey man, sorry for the late reply.
In north vegas it seems like you're fine to open carry as long as you stay away from buffalo wild wings (i'm doing my own personal boycott with them). Our trash pickup in front of the north vegas police department was a success, not a single problem.

As always it's recommended to have a digital voice recorder just in case @#$% hits the fan, and make a quick little pocket card with the state preemption law on it.

-david

edit:

And I didn't see you were military, I'll buy you a beer when I get back in town! ;D

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

Today I stopped at Farmer Boys for "to go" lunch (corner of Lamb and Craig) there were two Metro LEO's and two NLV LEO's inside the NLV crew went out right before my order came up. When my food was ready I headed for the west door, I went to cross the parking lot as NLV was driving up, they stopped to let me cross in front of them (nice) and I did. On my left hip was my stainless 1911 .45 there is no doubt they saw it, and I kept myself busy eating french fries as I walked to my semi , parked on the curb, in the mean time they sat for about a min. they went south and I went north. might just be that the word is out. :)

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AWESOME news! Great post, thanks Don't Tread On Me!

Within the last month or so I was filling up gas in North Las Vegas at the gas station next to the police station where we did our litter pickup. One cruiser was filling up when I went to the window to pay. I do not believe he saw me. As I returned from the window, a second cruiser pulled in, and just like you, he waited for me to cross the in front of him. I waved, he nodded, and I noticed his eyes dart to my right side.

He pulled in to the pump right next to me but did not exit his vehicle. As I pumped, he and his partner remained in the cruiser. The other cruiser finished and left. I finished pumping and pulled away, checking my rear view for him to follow. He did pull away without pumping, but went a different direction.

In both our situations, the police were no doubt aware of the fact that we were armed, and since both of us were driving, no doubt aware of the fact that we were in "violation" of their preempted City Ordinance 9.32.080. Either it was the end of their shift :) or they understand that law is no longer enforceable. In either case, you can't ask for a better encounter (non-encounter) with police.