Thread: CT License Plate

Post imported post

After just talking with a co-worker I was told that in CT, if you get 200 willing people, you can make your own vanity plate. Maybe this could be in the future for CCDL...He and some people did this to get Penn State Plates in CT...I guess there is some approval process to make sure its a Legitimate cause/organization..

Post imported post

Only 200 ???
    The Connecticut Citizens Defense League is a non-partisan, grassroots organization devoted to advocating rights affirmed by the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Connecticut. We are especially dedicated to protecting the unalienable right of all citizens to keep and bear arms, for the defense of both self and state, through public enlightenment and legislative action.
    Join Here: http://www.ccdl.us/membership

Post imported post

Thats what he got..a couple years ago..so unless they have changed it..yes..

Post imported post

Thanks I will spread the word and see how many that we can muster up. maybe i can find a member to volunteer to look into it. It would be really cool and a great way to spread the word.

ANY VOLUNTEERS????
    The Connecticut Citizens Defense League is a non-partisan, grassroots organization devoted to advocating rights affirmed by the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Connecticut. We are especially dedicated to protecting the unalienable right of all citizens to keep and bear arms, for the defense of both self and state, through public enlightenment and legislative action.

Post imported post

I sent off an email to the DMV asking for the procedure..

Post imported post

Thanks we have all got our plates pretty full now.

Post imported post

Nice Avatar Lenny!

Post imported post

http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=811&q=245116
    Special Interest Plate Program The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)offers a fund raising opportunity for non-profit organizations and institutions through the sale of limited issue special interest plates. These plates are specifically designed for each qualifying organization and display the organization's unique logo, which is a graphic image or design that .
    A brief synopsis and eligibility requirements for an organization to participate in the Special Interest Plate program follows:
    • The organization must be non-profit, must submit a copy of the organization's charter or by-laws, a letter of good standing from the State of Connecticut Secretary of State's Office, and any Internal Revenue Service ruling of their non-profit tax exemption status.
    • The logo production and cost incurred will be the responsibility of the organization. The logo prototype design, which can be no larger than 2" wide and 3 1/2 high, must be submitted to the Department of Motor Vehicles. The Commissioner or his agent has final approval on all plate logo designs.
    • An organization liaison must be appointed by each organization. This individual will be responsible for maintaining all communications with the department as well as:
      - submitting the logo design to DMV for approval.
      - certifying and authenticating (by signature) each member's application.
    • The organization liaison must submit an application on behalf of the organization guaranteeing an order of at least 400 special number plates.
    The below listed DMV fees apply to all Special Interest plate applications except for the Military Order of the Purple Heart, Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Iwo Jima, Disabled American Veterans, Korean War,National Guard (retired) and Laos Veterans of America.These one time fees do not include any contribution which may be required by the organization.
    • Obtaining off the shelf marker plates is $65.
    • Retaining current marker plate number is $65.
    • Obtaining a new Vanity plate witha special interest platebackground is$130.
    If you feel that your organization qualifies and it is interested in this program, please write to theDMV's Special Interest Plate Program, 60 State Street, Wethersfield, CT 06161 or call 860-263-5154, to obtaininformation.
    DMV has samples of the currently issued Special Interest Platesalong with the names and telephone numbers of the official liaison. Should you be interested in obtaining one of these plates, contact the listed liaison. Please do not contact the Department of Motor Vehicles, as each organization must authorize the issuance of their own special interest plate.

Post imported post

I guess they doubled it to 400..wow

Post imported post

romma wrote:
    Nice Avatar Lenny!
    Thanks!!!!

I am on a lot of gun forums and am changing my avatar on all of them to the CCDL Logo.

On the forums that allow for a signature line, I am also adding

Connecticut Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    www.ccdl.us

I think that everybody should do the same. It is a great way to promote the organization and spread the word.

Carry On!

Lenny

Post imported post

buketdude wrote:
    I guess they doubled it to 400..wow
    It was great Idea!!! except we are actually registered as "not for profit" I really dont understand the difference between that and "non profit", but our registered agent does.
    400 plates is a big number.

Post imported post

May want to reconsider license plates after reading this. The state is now raiding charitable funds. When does the insanity end?http://www.norwichbulletin.com/archi...edicated-funds

Post imported post

140,000 Long Island Sound Plates and over 150,000 Permits to Carry Pistols and Revovers.

Doubling the Permit to Carry Fees?

Everyone with a Long Island Plate should return the plate to DMV and ask for a refund.

Never trust the state to care for "donations" to a worthy cause.

Better the donations were made to a ligitimate non profit.

If it was a private organization that did this there would be hell to pay from the Attorney General.

Post imported post

But as of Oct. 1, the money consumers pay for the specialty plates will no longer be used for its intended purpose. Beginning next month, those fees, as well as feesfor specialty license plates promoting Greenways and Wildlife Conservation, will be diverted into the state’s general treasury.

I know a few Veterans that are up in arms about this.(no pun intended) They can't get a direct answer if this also applies to Veteran plates. They article implies it will bethe "specialty plates" If anyone can find out please post.

Post imported post

I WILL be turning in my "Preserve the Sound" plates. I originally got them to help keep the sound clean, I did not get them to help the state balance the budget!!!

THIS IS ABSOLUTE BULL SH_T!!!!!!!!

Post imported post

Sounds like we need to get some license plate frames made up with what we want to say on them and keep the states money grubbing fingers out of it.

Post imported post

I would love to see the person involved with approving the logo for the liscense plate's face when they see the logo from the CCDL with a big gun in the middle of it! :PThat would be priceless.

I agree with the rest. Why pay the state to show your pride in an organization?

Maybe just some nice vinyl sickers for the vehicle could show support if you wanted to. CCDL could sell them themselves and use the money to further promote.

Post imported post

I would stay away from license plate frames. In some states it is an infraction to have ANYTHING covering the license plate, including only the outside edge of the plate.

It doesn't matter much within CT, but it would be better for our traveling members if we offered a bumper sticker or maybe a window cling. They're probably cheaper anyway.

Post imported post

I have been looking into bumper stickers and hats. We can discuss the costs at the next meeting.

Post imported post

I can't be there, but I'm for the stickers. Hats, it depends.

Post imported post

gluegun wrote:
    You want the logo on your Depends????

Post imported post

lol

Post imported post

Lon wrote:
    gluegun wrote:
    You want the logo on your Depends????
    Well, the logo would be better than skid marks...