• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2ND AMENDMENT MARCH >>>> TOWN HALL MEETING<<<<

SteveInAshand

imported post

Howd'ee folks,

I am putting together a town hall meeting in Oregon, perhaps 2 of them because Oregon seems to be divided into southern OR & Salem to PDX.

The 1st one will be in Medford , Oregon's largest southern town, were I live .

If it goes off well then I will take my core team and head up to Portland to set up another one.

This is part of the very well organized Second Amendment March set of build up procedures culminating in the march on DC.

I know my new friend Bruce here is "rarin to go" ( Bruce can bump fire a S&W M&P 15 at around 600rpm "with no rubber band" lol )

Bruce is truly enthusiastic to jump in and help, so perhaps You Bruce, and You guys I have not made contact with yet can think of a feild of expertize that you have or idea that you think will help and run it by me and we can get our heads together to put Oregon on the map as a 100% proactive / pro 2 A state.

We are getting a TON of Calif refugees here who are NOT going to let OR go the way of Kaliforniska' .

We want the the hall meetings to be held in an outdoor public place such as a park
( I like BBQ and I want to make a LOT of smoke ) , I want a ton of our kid's to be running around and playing games every were.

I want a kick ass rock & blues band, ( I play professional drums & sing real well)

I want Vet's, Harleys & other bikes and classy women in skimpy dresses on a hot day "wink".

I want to get Skip Coryell here to be the main speaker, He is a Marine, an author of multiple books, a dad of 5 , a publisher and a law student

I want to smoke my Cigar and carry my piece in peace and talk on a PA mic on a small stage about why this is so important in these "radical change" times.

My number one reason is >>> I want public exposure. I want curious lookee-loo cars driving by to see easy going every day American neighbors haiving fun and I want them to want to join us, I want the police stopping but to chit chat and get educated and informed and people who don't shoot or know there rights to stop by and learn something, and any anti gun Vegan types to get get grill smoke in there eyes & rib sauce dripping down on to there Birkinstock's.

This will be a Ted Nugent style town hall meeting,
( NOT a boring Casper milk toast event ) an out & out celebration of American values.

What Say You ???????

What clubs ,organizations and or business do you belong to or are involved in that would be interested in joining us ???

What do You have to ad as a volunteer, your footwork passing out our fliers will be great help, your making phone calls, your on site safety volunteer efforts ect.... ???

What ever your talent & skill you have combined with a 100% ability to comport yourself as a 1st rate ambassador for the 2AM movement will be welcomed.

regards

Steve Evans..... Oregon state S.A.M coordinator.

Anita White ..... Secretary
Brian Pombo..... Promotional coordinator

Ironbar

imported post

SteveInAshand wrote:
I want Vet's, Harleys & other bikes and classy women in skimpy dresses on a hot day "wink".

I'm sorry, but classy women do not mix with guys on Harleys. If you want vets, Harley's & other bikes, and skanky biker whores, then you're in business.

As for up here in the Portland area, I can think of at least a dozen places to post flyers right off the top of my head.

SteveInAshand

imported post

Ironbar wrote:
SteveInAshand wrote:

I'm sorry, but classy women do not mix with guys on Harleys. If you want vets, Harley's & other bikes, and skanky biker whores, then you're in business.

As for up here in the Portland area, I can think of at least a dozen places to post flyers right off the top of my head.
Edit.

We-the-People

imported post

The "old days" of harley riders are gone (as a group). With the price of a "hog" nowdays and their quality increases, the vast majority of hog riders are now middle class and above. Gone are the days that if your hog isn't leaking oil, it's out of oil. Yes, there are still "outlaw gangs" that ride hogs but the vast majority are fine upstanding citizens who are the movers and shakers in our civilization.

And then there are those, my wife and I included, who prefer a "rice burner". But a sexy woman on a rice burner is just as sexy as the one on a hog. Photographic evidence provided below.

As for volunteering. I'm up for it. My skills?

I'm a Marine - there is nothing I can not do if I set my mind to it. If it's possible, I'll get it done. If it's impossible, it might take me a bit longer.

Politics - I have run two personal campaigns for public office, held two political appointments, presented "testimony" on issues that I was for as well as those I was against.

Public speaking - I'm formally trained and experienced in public speaking. As a political candidate, a formal instructor, and as an appointed Commissioner.

I am prettygood at researching the internet to support my writings.

I can donate 20 Trout to the BBQ if interested.

I've got two feet and two hands that I can use to distribute flyers.

I'm a disabled Vet, ride a bike, fly airplanes, type like a banshee (almost as fast as I can bump fire - LOL).

I would suggest the creation of a yahoo group for individual areas. The forums here are great but a yahoo group could provide a LOCAL resource for communication, planning, and dissemination of information. There are a lot ofgroupsthat use, or started out using, separate yahoo groups for individual localities quite sucessfully. They allow networking at whatever geographic size you want, they're free, they're pretty simple to set up and use, they allow several messaging methods including the ability for the person running it to send a group message without maintaining separate mailing lists on their regular everyday mail service, allow uploading of files and pictures, just a ton of things that would be useful.

I would also suggest a weekly or monthly meeting in each area to build membership and awareness. Nothing fancy, could just be going out for coffee or donuts (donut shop meetings might have the added advantage ofmeeting and recruiting local police). With the regular get togethers, people can get to know each other as well as offer the opportunity for those that "aren't sure"to meet in a safe public place and "check things out" before just jumping on the band wagon.

If it's publicity you want, how about an organized "public service" event? Identify a location with a lot of trash about (park, playground, road, street, etc.), get 10 people with trash bags and go spend 2 or 3 hours picking up the trash. Be sure to send press releases to the local news services and try to get some coverage on the local television or radio news shows. Better yet, try to get a television or radio personality to participate! Also, in areas where LE may not be completely supportive of legal carry, inform theChief to let them know what's going on, when and where, and suggest (nicely) that officers and 911 dispatchers are informed so that any "man with a gun" calls are handled in a way that isn't disruptive to them or us and officers on the street don't need to worry about why all those people have guns. Yes, it's legal and our right, but this is politics.

How about some "OC walks"? 4-10 (or more but not so large it's considered a political "march")people walking through a public location that's got lots of people shopping and/or downtown Medford. It would be even better to stop at a few businesses known to be supportive and spending a few dollars. Lunch here, a drink there, etc. Invite media coverage, heck invite the media to join us.

BBQ sounds great and again, notifications to media and police would probably be a good political/PR move. PR would best be accomplished by having it in a place that is going to make people take notice. Location choice should be for the most impact rather than the most (non participating) people being around. In other words, if 1000 people are likely to be around but none would even bat an eye at the OC event that's not going to provide as much PR as an event where only 100 non participants could be expected to notice if those that do notice REALLY NOTICE. In my opinion, 100 "man with a gun" calls to 911 would be great PR, especially when the police and 911 have been notified ahead of time of the event and it's lawfulness.

NOTE: When notifying LE to "headoff" man with a gun 911 calls, it has to be realized that cellular 911 calls will be routed to predetermined 911 call centers based upon what cell tower is picking up the call. That generally is NOT the local police 911 call center so an effort should be made to also notify those call centers as any "man with a gun" calls to 911 would most likely be made by cellular phone.

I realize that some will oppose the idea of giving a "heads up" to police and 911 centers based on the fact that OC is legal and shouldn't be harassed but this is a political movement and politics, like it or not, plays a part. When some anti calls 911 to report a man with a gun and is informed by the dispatcher that it's perfectly legal......we've won twice. Twice you ask? Yes, once because the dispatcher now understands that not all people carrying guns require a police response and secondly because the anti has just been informed by the "system" to mind their own business.

Okay, I'm getting long here so that's all for now.

Ironbar

imported post

Dear Steve,

If I had put a smiley behind my skanky biker whores sentence, THEN would it have helped you to understand that it was a tongue-in-cheek joke?

Take a chill-pill dude.

SteveInAshand

imported post

Ironbar wrote:
Dear Steve,

If I had put a smiley behind my skanky biker whores sentence, THEN would it have helped you to understand that it was a tongue-in-cheek joke?

Take a chill-pill dude.
OHHhhhhhhh OK, I thought you were some anti social misfit troller, SORRY, and ya a"smiley" would have staved off any negative reaction on my part. ;)

SteveInAshand

imported post

We-the-People wrote:
The "old days" of harley riders are gone (as a group). With the price of a "hog" nowdays and their quality increases, the vast majority of hog riders are now middle class and above. Gone are the days that if your hog isn't leaking oil, it's out of oil. Yes, there are still "outlaw gangs" that ride hogs but the vast majority are fine upstanding citizens who are the movers and shakers in our civilization.

And then there are those, my wife and I included, who prefer a "rice burner". But a sexy woman on a rice burner is just as sexy as the one on a hog. Photographic evidence provided below.

As for volunteering. I'm up for it. My skills?

I'm a Marine - there is nothing I can not do if I set my mind to it. If it's possible, I'll get it done. If it's impossible, it might take me a bit longer.

Politics - I have run two personal campaigns for public office, held two political appointments, presented "testimony" on issues that I was for as well as those I was against.

Public speaking - I'm formally trained and experienced in public speaking. As a political candidate, a formal instructor, and as an appointed Commissioner.

I am prettygood at researching the internet to support my writings.

I can donate 20 Trout to the BBQ if interested.

I've got two feet and two hands that I can use to distribute flyers.

I'm a disabled Vet, ride a bike, fly airplanes, type like a banshee (almost as fast as I can bump fire - LOL).

I would suggest the creation of a yahoo group for individual areas. The forums here are great but a yahoo group could provide a LOCAL resource for communication, planning, and dissemination of information. There are a lot ofgroupsthat use, or started out using, separate yahoo groups for individual localities quite sucessfully. They allow networking at whatever geographic size you want, they're free, they're pretty simple to set up and use, they allow several messaging methods including the ability for the person running it to send a group message without maintaining separate mailing lists on their regular everyday mail service, allow uploading of files and pictures, just a ton of things that would be useful.

I would also suggest a weekly or monthly meeting in each area to build membership and awareness. Nothing fancy, could just be going out for coffee or donuts (donut shop meetings might have the added advantage ofmeeting and recruiting local police). With the regular get togethers, people can get to know each other as well as offer the opportunity for those that "aren't sure"to meet in a safe public place and "check things out" before just jumping on the band wagon.

If it's publicity you want, how about an organized "public service" event? Identify a location with a lot of trash about (park, playground, road, street, etc.), get 10 people with trash bags and go spend 2 or 3 hours picking up the trash. Be sure to send press releases to the local news services and try to get some coverage on the local television or radio news shows. Better yet, try to get a television or radio personality to participate! Also, in areas where LE may not be completely supportive of legal carry, inform theChief to let them know what's going on, when and where, and suggest (nicely) that officers and 911 dispatchers are informed so that any "man with a gun" calls are handled in a way that isn't disruptive to them or us and officers on the street don't need to worry about why all those people have guns. Yes, it's legal and our right, but this is politics.

How about some "OC walks"? 4-10 (or more but not so large it's considered a political "march")people walking through a public location that's got lots of people shopping and/or downtown Medford. It would be even better to stop at a few businesses known to be supportive and spending a few dollars. Lunch here, a drink there, etc. Invite media coverage, heck invite the media to join us.

BBQ sounds great and again, notifications to media and police would probably be a good political/PR move. PR would best be accomplished by having it in a place that is going to make people take notice. Location choice should be for the most impact rather than the most (non participating) people being around. In other words, if 1000 people are likely to be around but none would even bat an eye at the OC event that's not going to provide as much PR as an event where only 100 non participants could be expected to notice if those that do notice REALLY NOTICE. In my opinion, 100 "man with a gun" calls to 911 would be great PR, especially when the police and 911 have been notified ahead of time of the event and it's lawfulness.

NOTE: When notifying LE to "headoff" man with a gun 911 calls, it has to be realized that cellular 911 calls will be routed to predetermined 911 call centers based upon what cell tower is picking up the call. That generally is NOT the local police 911 call center so an effort should be made to also notify those call centers as any "man with a gun" calls to 911 would most likely be made by cellular phone.

I realize that some will oppose the idea of giving a "heads up" to police and 911 centers based on the fact that OC is legal and shouldn't be harassed but this is a political movement and politics, like it or not, plays a part. When some anti calls 911 to report a man with a gun and is informed by the dispatcher that it's perfectly legal......we've won twice. Twice you ask? Yes, once because the dispatcher now understands that not all people carrying guns require a police response and secondly because the anti has just been informed by the "system" to mind their own business.

Okay, I'm getting long here so that's all for now.

Hey Bruce: You are my new friend.

Consider Yourself and Your lady part of "the team".

I have chosen a large park in Central Point to hold the outdoor town hall meeting.

It has a large permanent clam shell stage great for PA and music, a large children's play ground right within short run & constant eye ball distance, and a huge grassy , picnic tables , and plenty of parking.

Funny thing is I use to own a full service motorcycle shop A.C.M.E which ='s Anitque & Classic Motorcycle Emporium.

I never fell into the Harley cult, I like em, I love their style and heritage, I've owned dozens of them. but always sold them because they are so easy to sell even when they are dead.

I have the same "rice bunner" , mine is a year 2000 Honda Shadow Sabre,lol. I cant beat this bike because Honda = Swiss watch.

I am going to meet with conservative libertarian Bill Meyer of 1440 AM KMED a great local morning talk show host and see if I can get Skip or I interviewed, as it stands now I am running commercials on his morning show for the business I manage.

Call me or Anita tomorrow sometime we will hoist one and lay out some of the plans on the table,

Steve

We-the-People

imported post

My bike is the '83 Goldwing sitting behind the pretty gal on pretty bike. I sent that pic while my wife was at work. To show how in synch we are, when I read this thread to her and got to Ironbars first comment she said "So I'm a skanky biker whore" and then "post my kicked back on the bike pic". I explained that I thought it was a tongue in cheek comment but, like Steve, I wasn't sure. And that very pic ad already been posted by me which got a big smile out of here.

ACME huh? Did you have a coyote or bird running around the place making funny noises?

My wife is supposed to be getting interviewd by Bill Myer as well though she hasn't heard back from him on scheduling. She's the co-coordinator for the second district of the Patriotic Resistance in Oregon which, geographically is the second largest district in the US and the largest East of the Mississippi. I don't get involved in that one so I'm not sure what all they're "into" but she said she'd see if she can put out the word with them as well. From the sounds of it though, their members aren't actually doing much other than online even though she's tried a couple of times to set up a meeting of the locals.

Will call you tomorrow. And we need to exchange e-mail as well.

By the way, check your PM's. Pretty sure I sent you one a while back.

Dusty

imported post

Any idea when you plan on doing this event? I am in KFalls and want to pass on info to several groups in this area. Hope we can get a group headed over your way.

SteveInAshand

imported post

Dusty wrote:
Any idea when you plan on doing this event? I am in KFalls and want to pass on info to several groups in this area. Hope we can get a group headed over your way.
How-dee Dusty,

The BBQ-Town Hall Meet will be in the middle of Sept the 2nd week or 3rd week in Sept.

Yes please pass the word.

We will more than likely drive out ( or *fly ) > *Bruce is looking for a reason to punch holes in the sky in his .172 caliber Kansas city crop duster, lol. and drop the SAM bomb on K-Fall's.;)

Thanks again, I will keep you all posted on an exact date.

regards
Steve

We-the-People

imported post

SteveInAshand wrote:
We will more than likely drive out ( or *fly ) > *Bruce is looking for a reason to punch holes in the sky in his .172 caliber Kansas city crop duster, lol. and drop the SAM bomb on K-Fall's.;)

regards
Steve

Hmmmmm sounds like I need to be my paperwork in order and schedule an annual on my plane. Life has kept me too busy to fly for some time now so I find myself with an expired physical, expired recurrent training, and expired annual on the plane.

But yeah, I love flying into military bases with my Skyhawk. Not as much fun as when I was in the pattern with the Blue Angles in a Skyhawk as a student pilot at Andrews AFB but anytime you can get around fighters while you're in the air is FUN.

Guess I'd better do some research about firearms on airports. We all know we can't bring them in through the terminal for a commercial flight but what about when you're the aircrew and coming from the otherside? I've never worried about it before but then I wasn't open carrying either. LOL Time to hit the "books".

We had a good time hosting the two of you. The range time was fun and we can all four now say that we've seen a weaponfire when it was on "SAFE" and pass that first hand experience on to others for the rest of our lives. An excellent lesson in muzzle discipline/awareness and a real life example of why it is so important. In talking with Pam after dinner we realized that the last three mags through the weapon had been bump fired and that probably caused the pin to move rather than what I'd initially thought about her making a breakdown mistake.

I'll be posting a message on the topic elsewhere on the board.

Here's the link to that post:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=30789&forum_id=65

SteveInAshand

imported post

We-the-People wrote:
SteveInAshand wrote:

regards
Steve

Hmmmmm sounds like I need to be my paperwork in order and schedule an annual on my plane. Life has kept me too busy to fly for some time now so I find myself with an expired physical, expired recurrent training, and expired annual on the plane.

But yeah, I love flying into military bases with my Skyhawk. Not as much fun as when I was in the pattern with the Blue Angles in a Skyhawk as a student pilot at Andrews AFB but anytime you can get around fighters while you're in the air is FUN.

Guess I'd better do some research about firearms on airports. We all know we can't bring them in through the terminal for a commercial flight but what about when you're the aircrew and coming from the otherside? I've never worried about it before but then I wasn't open carrying either. LOL Time to hit the "books".

We had a good time hosting the two of you. The range time was fun and we can all four now say that we've seen a weaponfire when it was on "SAFE" and pass that first hand experience on to others for the rest of our lives. An excellent lesson in muzzle discipline/awareness and a real life example of why it is so important. In talking with Pam after dinner we realized that the last three mags through the weapon had been bump fired and that probably caused the pin to move rather than what I'd initially thought about her making a breakdown mistake.

I'll be posting a message on the topic elsewhere on the board.

Here's the link to that post:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=30789&forum_id=65
Thanks for the nice day @ your spread Bruce.

Yes lets see if we cant get you back in the air, I will split the av-gas with you.

I was an EAA experimental pilot / owner and have hundreds of hours in Texas tail dragger 140's, 172's, 82's, 210's, plus Cherokee's & Bonanza's.

I had a half ownership in a very cool sleek Grumman Tiger. ( looks like a little war bird) low wings , lots of dihedral, and a sliding canopy

I even "BANG clunk clunk clunk" lost an engine at altitude :what:, and had to dead stick into the run way on the reciprocal without going to 121.5, just casually told ground to clear out cause its all quiet up here. You mite say I quietly "shit my wheel pants, LOL.

Check this out Calif air can get so fast in the Santa Ann wind season that I have flown "backwards" in a 150 :shock:

My dear friend from church in Selma , Greg who is alsoo in his late 40's holds a current IFR.

Greg and his father owned a Cessna & Beech dealership in Springfield for 20 plus years he grew up flying OR, he has "thousands" of hours of time in C's and B's and even many hours in Helo's and he is an expert IT professional and videographer who is 2A friendly so he can clue us in on anything to due with OR flying , the were to andf were not to.

PS check our yahoo group

We-the-People

imported post

You're quite welcome and we'd certainly be open to a small (it's a small house) get together with maybe 8 -10 folks for meetings or anything once we've got some public meetings down.

I've flown a 172 backwards....ONCE..... at altitude and trying real hard to do it.

I pretty much hovered the one I have now when I left LaGrand one day. A planned 3.5 hour flight there took 6+. We had almost a 60 mph headwind at altitude nearly on the nose the whole way there. When I arrived, the local wind was 26 gusting 30 right down the runway. An hour and a half later it was 30 gusting 35, again right down the runway. I don't think I had a landing or takeoff roll more than 20 feet at LaGrande as the in ground effect stall speed isn't much over 35 when light.

As for Oregon flying things that can bite you. When you fly to one of the coastal strips, make damn sure to check ALL of the windsocks and KEEP checking them. My first time into Gold Beach the wind was 180 degrees different when I touched down than when I over flew. On the deck after a very fast landing roll the socks on opposite ends were almost 180 degrees out at the same time.

So I guess that's enough on a non 2a subject for one message....LOL

I'll check the 2A yahoo group in a bit.