Thread: Just moved to Florida

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Hey all,

I just moved to Florida from Arizona. Not happy at all about not being able to OC anymoreand I have a few questions. I looked for the answers I promise. I'm sure they're out there I'm just unable to find them.

(1) Can I OC on my own property? I've seen the statue that says the section doesn't apply at ones own home but does this mean I can OC if I'm out mowing my yard? Also I'm renting so does this exemption still apply?

(2) Still figuring out how to completely conceal. Never had a reason to do it before so I'm printing a slight bit right now...is this illegal? I've got a crossbreed holster on the way that will hopefully solve this problem.

(3) Do signs prohibiting weapons carry any legal weight? I know concealed means concealed, but if something does happen to expose your weapon or if someone finds out you're armed can they do anything but ask you to leave?

Thanks in advance,
    Daniel

Post imported post

whiskaz_55 wrote:
    Hey all,

I just moved to Florida from Arizona. Not happy at all about not being able to OC anymoreand I have a few questions. I looked for the answers I promise. I'm sure they're out there I'm just unable to find them.

(1) Can I OC on my own property? I've seen the statue that says the section doesn't apply at ones own home but does this mean I can OC if I'm out mowing my yard?Yes Also I'm renting so does this exemption still apply? Yes, if Apartment or Condo, just don't do it in the common areas.

(2) Still figuring out how to completely conceal. Never had a reason to do it before so I'm printing a slight bit right now...is this illegal? Nope I've got a crossbreed holster on the way that will hopefully solve this problem.

(3) Do signs prohibiting weapons carry any legal weight? No I know concealed means concealed, but if something does happen to expose your weapon or if someone finds out you're armed can they do anything but ask you to leave? Nope, criminal trespass charges might apply if you refuse.

Thanks in advance,
    Daniel

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Thanks for the info.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Also remember that Fla. Stat. § 790.015(3) renders your AZ CCW invalid in Florida beginning 90 days after you became a FL resident. However, the training you received in AZ will fulfill FL's requirements. Having your fingerprints taken electronically will expedite the processing of your FL CCW application.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

WVCDL wrote:
    Also remember that Fla. Stat. § 790.015(3) renders your AZ CCW invalid in Florida beginning 90 days after you became a FL resident. However, the training you received in AZ will fulfill FL's requirements. Having your fingerprints taken electronically will expedite the processing of your FL CCW application.
    Thank you for that information. I'm in the military stationed hereso as I understand it I can retain my AZ residency although please correct me if I'm wrong on this. I am applying for a FL permit anyway simply because it is one of the better non-resident permits you can have.

Post imported post

WVCDL wrote:
    For complete disclosure, the statute spells out specifically what one must do in order to establish residency:
    establishes legal residence in this state by registering to vote, or making a statement of domicile pursuant to s. 222.17, or filing for homestead tax exemption on property in this state

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Sweet...I'm not doing any of those.

Post imported post

whiskaz_55 wrote:
    I just moved to Florida from Arizona.
    Good God man, WHY!!??

I'm trying to get out of this place and move to AZ!
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Oh it wasn't by choice...I'm just going where the Marine Corps sends me.

Post imported post

whiskaz_55 wrote:
    Oh it wasn't by choice...I'm just going where the Marine Corps sends me.
    Can't you sue them for torture or something? :P
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

lol it could have been much much worse...I could have went to, *shudders* Kalifornia. :shock:

Post imported post

whiskaz_55 wrote:
    lol it could have been much much worse...I could have went to, *shudders* Kalifornia. :shock:
    At least in Kommiefornia, you can OC unloaded. You can't even do that in Florida.

Banned

Post imported post

ixtow wrote:
    whiskaz_55 wrote:
    Good God man, WHY!!??

AZ is kind of Nazi, in many places. NM or CO are better choices.

Post imported post

smoking357 wrote:
    ixtow wrote:
    whiskaz_55 wrote:
    Good God man, WHY!!??

AZ is kind of Nazi, in many places. NM or CO are better choices.
    In NM you can't even go into a gas station or go grocery shopping while OC. CO is becoming a minefield.