• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just moved to Florida

dclabounty

imported post

Hey all,

I just moved to Florida from Arizona. Not happy at all about not being able to OC anymoreand I have a few questions. I looked for the answers I promise. I'm sure they're out there I'm just unable to find them.

(1) Can I OC on my own property? I've seen the statue that says the section doesn't apply at ones own home but does this mean I can OC if I'm out mowing my yard? Also I'm renting so does this exemption still apply?

(2) Still figuring out how to completely conceal. Never had a reason to do it before so I'm printing a slight bit right now...is this illegal? I've got a crossbreed holster on the way that will hopefully solve this problem.

(3) Do signs prohibiting weapons carry any legal weight? I know concealed means concealed, but if something does happen to expose your weapon or if someone finds out you're armed can they do anything but ask you to leave?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

brboyer

imported post

whiskaz_55 wrote:
Hey all,

I just moved to Florida from Arizona. Not happy at all about not being able to OC anymoreand I have a few questions. I looked for the answers I promise. I'm sure they're out there I'm just unable to find them.

(1) Can I OC on my own property? I've seen the statue that says the section doesn't apply at ones own home but does this mean I can OC if I'm out mowing my yard?Yes Also I'm renting so does this exemption still apply? Yes, if Apartment or Condo, just don't do it in the common areas.

(2) Still figuring out how to completely conceal. Never had a reason to do it before so I'm printing a slight bit right now...is this illegal? Nope I've got a crossbreed holster on the way that will hopefully solve this problem.

(3) Do signs prohibiting weapons carry any legal weight? No I know concealed means concealed, but if something does happen to expose your weapon or if someone finds out you're armed can they do anything but ask you to leave? Nope, criminal trespass charges might apply if you refuse.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

Also remember that Fla. Stat. § 790.015(3) renders your AZ CCW invalid in Florida beginning 90 days after you became a FL resident. However, the training you received in AZ will fulfill FL's requirements. Having your fingerprints taken electronically will expedite the processing of your FL CCW application.

dclabounty

imported post

WVCDL wrote:
Also remember that Fla. Stat. § 790.015(3) renders your AZ CCW invalid in Florida beginning 90 days after you became a FL resident. However, the training you received in AZ will fulfill FL's requirements. Having your fingerprints taken electronically will expedite the processing of your FL CCW application.
Thank you for that information. I'm in the military stationed hereso as I understand it I can retain my AZ residency although please correct me if I'm wrong on this. I am applying for a FL permit anyway simply because it is one of the better non-resident permits you can have.

brboyer

imported post

WVCDL wrote:
For complete disclosure, the statute spells out specifically what one must do in order to establish residency:
establishes legal residence in this state by registering to vote, or making a statement of domicile pursuant to s. 222.17, or filing for homestead tax exemption on property in this state

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

whiskaz_55 wrote:
lol it could have been much much worse...I could have went to, *shudders* Kalifornia. :shock:
At least in Kommiefornia, you can OC unloaded. You can't even do that in Florida.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
ixtow wrote:
whiskaz_55 wrote:
I just moved to Florida from Arizona.
Good God man, WHY!!??

I'm trying to get out of this place and move to AZ!
AZ is kind of Nazi, in many places. NM or CO are better choices.
In NM you can't even go into a gas station or go grocery shopping while OC. CO is becoming a minefield.