• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Appleton Open Carry Event

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

[align=center]Posted with authorization from Mark Todd
[/align][align=center]Attention!!!
[/align][align=center]Open Carriers and 2nd Amendment Supporters!!

September 25, 2009! Mark your calenders!

This is an Open Carry Event Hosted by Gubernatorial Candidate Mark Todd!
Open carry of fire arms is optional and not required.

Place: The Grand Meridian
2621 N. Onieda Street
Appleton, WI.

The Itinerary for the night!

The Doors will open at 6:00PM[/align][align=center]6:00 PM - 6:45 PM - DJ - Superior Sound Entertainment
6:45 PM - Formal Introductions by Candidate Mark Todd
7:00 PM - Guest Speaker Mark Palan
7:30 PM - 8:00 PM - DJ - Superior Sound Entertainment!
8:00 PM - 9:00 PM - Country Music Singer Bobby Solberg!
[/align]
[align=center] This is a Closed Bar Open Carry Event! No Alcohol!

Tickets for this event are $25.00 per person and can be purchased online at: http://www.marktoddforgovernor.com

We have room for 400 people, let's fill the house!

All proceeds go to: Mark Todd For Governor

Checks are accepted. Please make payable to:
Mark Todd for Governor
P.O.Box 203
Appleton, WI. 54912-0203

Please specify number of tickets needed. Tickets will be counted in $25.00 intervals and will be available for pick up at the door.

[/align]

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Click on where it says Donate. He is monitoring the pay system and will get your tickets to you.

Or you can pay by Check. The Initial thread post has been updated with more information.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

I have tickets available for the Sept 25th event for those of you who are in my neck of the woods or would like to get them in advance. Make your checks payable to: Mark Todd For Governor either drop it off or mail it to me and I will either give you the ticket then or have it waiting at the door for you on the 25th.

Or feel free to get tickets from Glock34 or Mark's Website.

Tickets will be available at the BBQ on Sept 6th as well.

apierce918

imported post

i would think something coming up in 3 1/2 weeks would be advertised elsewhere as well no? it still kinda bothers me that nothing is on the site mentioning of it (unless im just looking in the wrong area)

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

apierce918 wrote:
i would think something coming up in 3 1/2 weeks would be advertised elsewhere as well no? it still kinda bothers me that nothing is on the site mentioning of it (unless im just looking in the wrong area)
I sent you a PM with more info.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

The website is being worked on. Please be patient. Mark is aware of it and working on it.

Of course if any of you are a webmaster feel free to help out instead of criticizing.

I hope all of you are as eager to criticize when the other candidates throw their Open Carry Event....<----Sarcasm:banghead:

M

McX

imported post

I will attempt to "glean" the page off, print it, and post it in our shop's "community events" window, for public viewing. Can anyone send me a "printer friendly" view of this?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

This is a great effort - at some point a slightly more formal flier would be nice, maybe issued by the campaign itslf.

Also, I always think it is a good idea to remind people that open carry is welcome but in no way required - you don't want to coerce people into open carying who maybe are not ready for it r make people who do no want to open carry or don;t have a proper handgun and holster to feel like they are not welcome.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Mike wrote:
This is a great effort - at some point a slightly more formal flier would be nice, maybe issued by the campaign itslf.

Also, I always think it is a good idea to remind people that open carry is welcome but in no way required - you don't want to coerce people into open carying who maybe are not ready for it r make people who do no want to open carry or don;t have a proper handgun and holster to feel like they are not welcome.
Suggestions noted and changes made.

This Flier was actually created by the Campaign. Mark Todd asked if I would post it for him as he had some commitments and did not have time.

He is looking forward to meeting everyone face to face and hopes everyone has an enjoyable evening.
Support from the Milwaukee Area and through out Wisconsin would be greatly appreciated

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'd love to come, but as others have stated there is no way to mark the donation as for this event on form. Does this mean we have to use snail mail?

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
I'd love to come, but as others have stated there is no way to mark the donation as for this event on form. Does this mean we have to use snail mail?
The website is being worked on. You can mail a check or if you wait just a few days the site will be up again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Tickets are still available for this event, for all of you who would like the chance to ask questions face to face.

They are available at: http://www.marktoddforgovernor.com/ and they are also available through Glock34 or myself. Tickets are $25.00.

This is a great opportunity to get answers and not only on the fire arms issue but all of the issues.