• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Adopt-A-Highway - Litter Pick-up Event and Lunch - Sat. Sept. 19th

useful_idiot

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Time for another trash pick-up along Route 7. V-DOT has put up the Adopt-A-Highway sign listing OpenCarry.org. We have adopted a 2 mile section of Route 7 between the toll road and Beulah. Earlier this year eight of us OC'd and filled numerous orange bags and enjoyed lunch afterward.

We will meet at 9:00 AM and try to begin working as quickly as we can get organized.

We will have standard safety vests for everyone (and GUNS SAVE LIVES vests available to purchase from ED), road signs and trash bags. How much of it we do this day depends on how many people RSVP and show up. Teams of 3 work well (two litter pickers and a bag wrangler). Afterward, we will head to Reston Champpsfor lunch.

Please RSVP on the URL that will follow. It will have directions, etc.

Your Humble Servant,
useful_idiot :cool:

Riana

imported post

I'm a definite maybe - I just have to figure out if hubby and son are coming along, or if I'm flying solo. :cool:

Riana

imported post

Quick question- any problem with a 10-year-old helping? His parents (hubby and I) will keep track of him, of course.

Riana

imported post

ed wrote:
Riana wrote:
Quick question- any problem with a 10-year-old helping? His parents (hubby and I) will keep track of him, of course.
No problem.. Kids are only "forbidden" on interstates. All should still watch the safety video in the second post.
Roger that. :cool: