• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tom Rust - Political BBQ - Thursday August 27th - Herndon Golf Course

useful_idiot

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Virginia Delegate Tom Rust-R is in a tough race to retain his seat. With Cucinelli in the AG race the Democrats have a new #1 spending target in Northern Virginia: Tom Rust.
You may have received an invitation from my daughter Robin to join our family at an End of the Summer Barbecue. Please consider joining us to celebrate the end of summer and welcome the beginning of football season - everyone is invited!

Date: Thursday, August 27th
Time: 7:00 - 8:30 pm
Cost: $30 per person / $50 per couple (children are free)

Tickets can be purchased in advance by mailing a check to P. O. Box 913, Herndon, VA 20172 or by calling 703-437-1871 or emailing me at trust@tomrust.org. I hope to see you there!
I conversed and emailed regularly with Delegate Rust during the VA General Assembly. I will be attending and OC'ng to illustrate who supports him. Herndon Centennial Golf Course is city owned so OC "should" not be an issue.

This is not a paid advertisement and I am not affiliated with http://www.tomrust.org/

Your Humble Servant,
useful_idiot :cool:

G.Stone

imported post

You are correct, Tom is a target. His opponent Stevens Miller is an ultra liberal and no friend of gun Owners in Virginia. If you live in Herndon or eastern Loudoun county please help Tom Rust if you can. If you can't make the event throw his campaign a contribution if at all possible. His opponent has cash from our current Gov. and the Obama machine.

useful_idiot

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I attended the BBQ while OC. I met and conversed with numerous people who have lived in Herndon longer than I have been alive. I received a few polite questions about OC and handed out most of my new stash of ED's cards. Most were unfamiliar with OC in VA, but generally supported 2A rights. We probably gained one new VCDL member out of the evening.
No one running the event said anything about my OC. No real:what: that I could detect, but few glances as I introduced myself to people. I shook Tom's hand and thanked him for his support this year and said he would have mine.

Good BBQ! :cool: