• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Democratic Appreciation Dinner

Woodchuck

imported post

Friday Aug 28th 6pm-9pm

Come on and rub elbows with the likes of Ron Kind, Herb Kohl and our very own Gov GIMMEYOURMONEY Doyle. (I heard thats who's attending)

Apparently it's not being advertised and invites got sent to those that donated to the DNC.(NO I didn't get one) But A Lib acquaintance if mine says he called to RSVP and asked about others from the public attending. They said they don't have a problem with it.

It's not a "Town Hall" or a "Rally", just a meet and greet appreciation dinner and probably a chance to ask a couple questions.

I and at least 2 others I know are attending.

I'll be kinda stunned if they let me in the door.

Woodchuck

imported post

Well, they let us in the door. Doyle and Kohl weren't there, we were fed bad info.

There was a local news team Channel 19 that interviewed us b4 we went in, have no clue how this will play out after they edit. I didn't think we would make it through the interview without local PD coming(they were only 100 yards away and I gotta believe at least 1 person that saw us called in a MWAG call. (there were alot of liberals that walked by)

Went up to the main door (it was basically held in a large, standard issue fair building) and got greeted by alot of Kind supporters. We said hi to a few people as we went to the food line. 2 us us had to use facilities and get something to drink.

While we were getting water a guy handing it out pointed out to my buddy that he was glad to see him exercising his constitutional rights, then he called a buddy of his over and pointed out our guns and thanked my friend for carrying.

When we got back in line we noticed we lost 1 of our crew. He shows up a few min later saying, "Thanks for bailing, I just did an interview with Kind and the news crew. I'm not the one that should be in front of the camera, it shoulda been you 2." (it's very debatable if we should be too) Apparently Kind told him how he was in favor of CC and gun rights (liberal spin). He didn't seem to have a prob with him OCing.

We worked our way through the line and Kind was shaking hand doing the meet & greet thing. I had to go talk to him. I introduced myself, told him I wasn't necessarily a supporter but had a couple questions. I asked if it was gonna be a congress or governor run. He wouldn't answer yet. I asked, "Hypathetically, you get the Gov. job and we stiil don't have any kind of "Castle Doctrine", where do you stand on that? Do you push to get it passed?" He wanted to veer to the CC issue and I bluntly explained that the "Castle Doctine" really has nothing to do with guns, it's about about our God given right to life and personal protection, it's about not having to retreat in side your own home. We should have the right to defend ourselves wherever we are without fear of prosecution. Of course he agreed with me that our current system is bad in this state.

Then he pointed at my gun and said, "Be careful with that".
I responded, "I always am"
Kind, "don't shoot anyone"
Me, "I hope I don't have to" Then we parted ways and ate.

Stayed around in enemy territory :D for about anothe 15 min and left. Didn't seem to bother anyone. All in all alot smoother than I expected. I fully expected to not get in the door or be booted in the 1st 10 minutes.

Maybe a few will realize that guns don't jump out of holsters and it is possible to be around em with out an incident.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Cool read. Hopefully you changed some minds and I'm glad to hear you weren't harassed or anything. Going into a place like that I would have fully expected a lot of negative reaction.

Woodchuck

imported post

We didn't expect to get let in the door or if we did, kicked out soon thereafter.

Never made the news, I suspect if we woulda got kicked out it would have been different.

Notice to ALL conservative politicians.

I will have a big big problem with you if I have gone to a liberal Congressman's event with a gun but I can't do the same for yours.

This now has become an issue you need to take into consideration when planning events.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

I wonder what 'conservative' means here on OCDO that a conservative politician should worry about another's problem?

As a (paleo)conservative elected official it is my commitment to exercise my conservative principles for the benefit of my community. If they don't like them then they can unseat me but they can't change my mind, and especially not with bluster and threats.

Woodchuck

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
I wonder what 'conservative' means here on OCDO that a conservative politician should worry about another's problem?

I wonder why a "conservative elected official" can't figure out what "conservative" means.

If a politician hold true to conservative values they should be for, not against, me exercising constitutional rights.

Woodchuck

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Woodchuck wrote:
I can't do the same for yours.
This is your problem that I was addressing.

Holy Crap...I voiced an opinion, didn't know you would get offended, to bad you have a problem with it.

Get over it.

It will be really sad that I can go to a Liberal event and OC but not at a Conservative one. A conservative candidate that doesn't allow me to do so will NOT get my vote. That is a problem for them because of my problem with them.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Woodchuck wrote:
It will be really sad that I can go to a Liberal event and OC but not at a Conservative one. A conservative candidate that doesn't allow me to do so will NOT get my vote. That is a problem for them because of my problem with them.
There is a conservative event in Appleton on Sept 25th.
I trust I will see you there.

Woodchuck

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Woodchuck wrote:

As much as I would love too, I gotta go to 2nd shift and CANNOT miss work. I do love the kind of event Mr Todd's putting together and he has my full support.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:

If at all possible, there will be representation from the West Coast (of Wisconsin that is) there.