• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can I open carry a rifle? Are there any restrictions?

wnc817

imported post

HankT wrote:
wnc817 wrote:
HankT wrote:
wnc817 wrote:
I just read that you can carry a pistol openly, even in restricted areas, if you have a cpl. But what about rifles? Are there any restrictions on carrying rifles in Michigan? Thanks.

There are several threads here about OCing a long gun.

Do you want to OC a rifle? Why?
Why not? It would certainly help to educate a lot of people. It may be an opportunity to explain the difference between natural law and positive law...

So, I guess the answer is yes.

Know yet what kind of rifle? When are you going to do it?
Right now, I only have a .22 rifle. I have my eye on an mcr - 300, but money is tight for now. I don't know when I would do it, but I honestly want to. Maybe I could start by walking to a local open-carry picnic at some point.

office888

imported post

I would really advise against choosing an AK-type weapon to be open-carried as the first "official" case.

All it takes is one person screaming "TERRORIST!" to have all of the general population against us.

We must be VERY careful.

-Richard-

Kimberguy

imported post

T Vance wrote:
steve wrote:
I wish you were closer, I been itching to oc my wasr 10........
We can OC our WASR-10's together!
let me know when this is going on..... i think my ak looks friendlier than my AR.... plus, my AK i legally a pistol! :) I have carried it a bit, but not often, and haven't been stopped with it yet.