• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lasermax internal laser? Hardly ever hear of them......

3MTA3

imported post

I have been using a Lasermax internal laser in my Glock 23 for about 5 years now.
Its not something I depend on but nice to have in the dark and great fun while camping.
My question is: Why don't they get much press? Crimson trace has their system but I much prefer the internal Lasermax. Mine shoots dead on out to about 50 yards.

hillyard

imported post

I have a CT on my GLock 23. I like it better as I don not have to turn it on or worry about it coming on in the holster. If I was needing it real fast at night, I won't have to fumble to turn it on.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Please tell me that your not pointing a gun mounted laser around in the dark while camping, that could lead to an unpleasantchange in venue from trees to bars or something much worse like shot.

Orphan

3MTA3

imported post

Orphan wrote:
Please tell me that your not pointing a gun mounted laser around in the dark while camping, that could lead to an unpleasantchange in venue from trees to bars or something much worse like shot.

Orphan
Yes, as a matter of fact I was pointing a gun mounted laser around in the dark. Shot a few cans too.
Who's going to complain, the squirrels? If they do, I usually shoot them at first light anyhow.
Where I camp (logging roads past Wenatchee) there isn't anyone to object, less able to see the laser.

3MTA3

imported post

hillyard wrote:
I have a CT on my GLock 23. I like it better as I don not have to turn it on or worry about it coming on in the holster. If I was needing it real fast at night, I won't have to fumble to turn it on.
No fumbling with mine, just a quick tap on the takedown lever and it's on. Either tap the other side or put it back in the holster, it's off (centers the TD lever). And I don't always want it coming on automatically.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

So in the dark you are positive of your backstop and you know that there is no one for miles around. And then you get up and shoot the squirrls at daylight. Please PM me each and every time you go camping so I know not to be in the same county. Please learn some gun handling rules and please dont hurt anyone or for that matter yourself.

Orphan

American Rattlesnake

imported post

Orphan wrote:
So in the dark you are positive of your backstop and you know that there is no one for miles around. And then you get up and shoot the squirrls at daylight. Please PM me each and every time you go camping so I know not to be in the same county. Please learn some gun handling rules and please dont hurt anyone or for that matter yourself.
Have you ever been into the mountains outside of Wenatchee?

Jeff Hayes

imported post

I have spent a lot of time in the boonies, a lot more than most. My point is you dont point weapons or shoot when you are not absolutly sure of your backstop. I have also been 2 days horseback ride into a wilderness area and had people show up out of no where didn't know they were there less than a mile away. Safe gun handling is a must anywhere you go even in the boonies. I have seen too many gun slobs in the woods shooting squirrls, birds and anything else that dares to move. I eat what I shoot. That's all I have to say about it, end of my participation.

Orphan

American Rattlesnake

imported post

It is likely that there is a safe backstop where he was camping. That country is all criss-crossed with canyons and ridges, mountains and valleys.

It is likely that he made sure there were no people around when he was shooting.

It is possible that he ate the squirrels after he shot them.

I also eat every animal I shoot.

I'm just pointing out that you're busting his chops without any information. Why not give him the benefit of the doubt? Until he says otherwise, I am going to guess that he made sure of his backstop, ensured to the best of his ability that there were no stray hikers, and did not waste the meat of the game animals that he shot.

That said, 3MTA3, if you did not have a safe backstop, did not exercise diligence in making sure there were no people in the line of fire, and did waste the meat of the squirrels, I would respectfully encourage you to rethink your practices, before someone gets hurt.

Regards to all,
AR

3MTA3

imported post

Orphan wrote:
I have spent a lot of time in the boonies, a lot more than most. My point is you dont point weapons or shoot when you are not absolutly sure of your backstop. I have also been 2 days horseback ride into a wilderness area and had people show up out of no where didn't know they were there less than a mile away. Safe gun handling is a must anywhere you go even in the boonies. I have seen too many gun slobs in the woods shooting squirrls, birds and anything else that dares to move. I eat what I shoot. That's all I have to say about it, end of my participation.

Orphan
Orphan, you sure whine and presume a lot.
I guess your the resident safety Nazi.

I would say the base of a 20 foot high hill where I set the cans was a safe backstop, and since I didn't hear or see any bulldozers move the hill I presumed it was still there. I'm sure a paranoid individual such as yourself would check a couple more times just to be safe. Yes I ate the squirrels. Maybe you should tie your horse to a carousel that only goes around in circles in your back yard. You'd be a lot safer and wouldn't have to worry about when "people show up out of no where didn't know they were there". Or maybe you should get new batteries for your hearing aid so you can hear people shooting while your riding your horse in the wilderness.

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

When I first started looking into lasers I played with both CTC and Lasermax. I found then to be comparable, but like the actuation of the CTC better as well as less fouling with extended firing.

Also not a fan of replacing an internal compenent with the laser or the laser taking the beating of a guide rod.

I now have CTC lasers on several guns, have been happy in every case. Also CTC has the best customer service of just about any company I have dealt with, regardless of the product.

Hammer

imported post

Orphan wrote:
I eat what I shoot.
Orphan
I hear that from time to time.
I don't always eat what I shoot. But I shoot what I do for a reason. If it is a varmint or predator, it may get shot for its nuisance factor.
Anyone wants to volunteer to eat it, lemme know, and I'll save the tree squirrels, ground squirrels, coyotes, etc for ya :lol:

triehl27

imported post

3MTA: What you really need to be careful of, is since the hill is only 20' high, is that it isn't a disguised martian spacecraft that then silently lifts off after dark. And there went the backstop.... And they probably knocked your cans over two.

American Rattlesnake

imported post

Hammer wrote:
I don't always eat what I shoot. But I shoot what I do for a reason. If it is a varmint or predator, it may get shot for its nuisance factor.
Anyone wants to volunteer to eat it, lemme know, and I'll save the tree squirrels, ground squirrels, coyotes, etc for ya :lol:
Oops. Didn't think of that. I hereby edit my previous statement to read "I eat every game animal that I shoot." Coyotes are not known to be good eatin' though I suppose they'd do in a pinch!

3MTA3

imported post

triehl27 wrote:
3MTA: What you really need to be careful of, is since the hill is only 20' high, is that it isn't a disguised martian spacecraft that then silently lifts off after dark. And there went the backstop.... And they probably knocked your cans over two.
I hadn't thought of that!
And the spacecraft being made of some material unknown on earth could increase the ricochet potential, not to mention creating an intergalactic incident. We'd probably have to send Bill Clinton to Mars to negotiate Earths surrender!
I'll be more careful next time!

(Actually sending the Clintons to Mars sounds like a great idea.)

3MTA3

imported post

911Boss wrote:
When I first started looking into lasers I played with both CTC and Lasermax. I found then to be comparable, but like the actuation of the CTC better as well as less fouling with extended firing.

Also not a fan of replacing an internal compenent with the laser or the laser taking the beating of a guide rod.

I now have CTC lasers on several guns, have been happy in every case. Also CTC has the best customer service of just about any company I have dealt with, regardless of the product.
I haven't had any problems with fouling on mine, although I did have one replaced after about 5,000 rounds. The round dot became elongated. Either a cracked lens or I cleaned it too aggressively.

SANDRAT

imported post

American Rattlesnake wrote:
Hammer wrote:
Oops. Didn't think of that. I hereby edit my previous statement to read "I eat every game animal that I shoot." Coyotes are not known to be good eatin' though I suppose they'd do in a pinch!
Not too much left of a Rockchuck,Crow,or Magpie after they get hit with a .204 Ruger.I have a Vietnamese friend that actually ate a Coyote I killed once,tried to get me to eat it,I stuck to the side dishes.