• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second Amendment & The White House

uncoolperson

imported post

If we manage to detect weapons sold illegally in the United States in violation of this law on the control of weapons exports, or if, in the United States, they can have -- probably move forward on a good registry of armament or on the prohibition of certain massive sales of weapons, for example, to a hunter or to a common citizen -- we know that these people do not usually buy hundreds of rifles or assault weapons or grenades -- if we can move forward in those areas, I do believe that security both of the United States and Mexico will improve because those weapons are pointing against Mexican people and Mexican officials today.

where can I buy grenades? I'd happily register them.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Apropos to why places like Mexico are the way they are, I would reference P.J. O'Rourke's experience in the Phillippines, where; while covering a series of uprisings over corruption and poverty; was driven past a rice field with an irrigation pump powered by a 2-cycle engine. Being told that the harvest was limited to one crop, he pointed to the pump and remarked that if they used it they could manage three crops per year. The driver's response was a laaconic: "Oh, that thing has been broken for years". P.J. then wrote:

"So. There you have it. These people are killing each other over nickel-and-dime corruption when one Junior High School lawnmower engine fix-it shop project could have tripled the entire village economy. Understand that, and you will understand the entire Third World. And please call or write if you do."

Frustrating, isn't it?