• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FJ Cruiser Forum OC topic

rodbender

imported post

No thanks, I'm on enough forums as it is. And to tell you the truth, I don't give a tinker's damn about the FJ Cruiser or any other foreign vehicle. Heck, they ain't even made by Toyota.

Edit: Ask one of them to find one instance where a gun was grabbed and used against the carrier. I only remember one and itwas strictly a gun theft.

A lot of violent prisoners were asked what they feared more, a policeman or an armed victim. About 70% said an armed victim.

N00blet45

imported post

This is just my personal experience but it seems to me that a lot of people against open carry are afraid to provocative. They'd rather hide their status as armed citizens for whatever reason. It has absolutely nothing to do with tactical whatever.

How many of these people citing tactical reasons for carrying concealed instead of openly slice the pie when they enter a room or change their daily routes to and from work? It's not tactical to walk out in the open, but these people don't run from cover to cover on their way from the car to the super market.

If they want to carry concealed then let them but they don't need to make up weak arguments against open carry. I'd have more respect for them if they'd just come out and say they're too shy or they don't like the attention.