• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Again, an appeal for assistance from all y'all experts and letter writers.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Dear friends,
I have submitted the enclosed to the Town Board, requesting it as an Agenda item for discussion, motion and action. “I request a motion item on the Town Board Agenda to repeal W. I. Code Chapter 205 in its entirety. It is preempted by Wisc. Stats. [font="Times New Roman, serif"]§ 66.0409. It is unenforceable, moot for vagueness and incompetent.”[/font]

Enclosed are an excerpt from the Wisconsin State Statutes, 'Local Regulation of Firearms' ([font="Times New Roman, serif"]§ 66.0409), and the entirety of Washington Island Code Chapter 205, 'Firearms and Weapons'.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]W. I. Code Ch. 205 is unenforceable on equal protection grounds because it excepts “any person who keeps a handgun or weapon in his or her personal residence or premises, which is owned by said person, authorized agent, or lessee.” This creates a special class of people which do not own their property or own through an authorized agent or lessee. This special class is not protected because “[t]his chapter shall not apply to any person” who is a member of this special class.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]W. I. Code Ch. 205 is moot for vagueness as demonstrated in the tortured logic of the preceding paragraph necessitated by the language of Code Ch. 205-2B. These words are not similar to and are more stringent than any State Statute.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]All legal and effective prohibitions of W. I. Code Ch. 205 are subsumed by Wisconsin Statutes as specified by Wisc. Stats. § 66.0409. The Town of Washington Island cannot bear the cost of enforcing this Code Chapter or of defending it, were it appealed[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]The Town may take these actions; it may ignore my request, it may make it an agenda item during my absence or it may become an agenda item while I am available to defend it. I will not be available during September while I am touring off Island. Thus I pray that you will satisfy yourselves of my correct arguments and be present at the Town Board meeting to argue for me and for lawful freedom.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]Thank you.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]Doug Huffman[/font]
[font="Times New Roman, serif"]Washington Island[/font]
[font="Times New Roman, serif"]Wisconsin [/font]