Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: Ammo prices

  1. #1
    Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Real World.
    Posts
    1,705

    Post imported post

    I've been away for awhile, but I frequently check ammo prices online.

    http://gun-deals.com/ammo.phpHas proven to be a good resource for me, but I've been concerned about pistol ammo lately. Most of the listings for .45ACP are for Wal-Mart. I can't buy it online from them, and it seems like most of the online distributors are either out, or their prices are way too high.

    Can some of you folks tell me what prices and availability are in your area? Any info would be appreciated.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

  2. #2
    Lone Star Veteran Gator5713's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Aggieland, Texas, USA
    Posts
    593

    Post imported post

    I started this exact same topic about a month ago... It didn't go very far...
    Availability and price has been varying WIDELY around here...
    in .45acp
    Academy has had some FMJ (ball) ammo for around $45/box and even that has been sold out...
    Gander Mtn got in a pretty decent shipment recently and re-stocked there long barren shelves, I bought some and now they are probably empty again...
    Champions has been hit or miss (mostly miss on anything affordable)
    Wal-Mart has been completely miss on .45

    I had a friend tell me he could get whatever I wanted so I gave him a shopping list and max prices... He came back and told me he couldn't get over half of what was on my list, and a lot of the other was way over my price (which I allowed a fairly decent markup, more than I was really willing to spend!)
    Turns out he thought he had an inside track of some sort, when really he was looking the same places and contacts that I had already gone to!
    Good luck, and when you find what you want and can afford, buy as much of it as they will let you!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cameron, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    271

    Post imported post

    Around here(northern Wisconsin).357 mag and .38 special can't be found for any price and when I search on line the only thing that is in stock are speciality loads that are two or three bucks a round.I have no idea about other calabers.

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818

    Post imported post

    Hillmann wrote:
    Around here(northern Wisconsin).357 mag and .38 special can't be found for any price and when I search on line the only thing that is in stock are speciality loads that are two or three bucks a round.I have no idea about other calabers.
    Walmart gets that it periodically. I went there to pick up some .357 sig (which they seem to always have two boxes of for some reason) and they had just gotten in a huge shipment of .38 special.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  5. #5
    Regular Member Ironbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tigard, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    385

    Post imported post

    Here in Tigard, OR, it seems that things have picked up (or slowed down depending on your perspective), ie: ammo seems to be plentiful once more.

    I have been finding plenty of ammo at the local Bi-Mart store where it is typically cheapest. When I went into gun broker a couple days ago, they had more ammo in stock than I had seen in a long time. They had boxes of virtually anything you could want. I picked up a Mega-Pack of the UMC Remington .40 for $109.00

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cameron, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    271

    Post imported post

    In June I bought .22 and I paid about $21.00 for a brick but I had to go to four stores to find it, the first three stores didn't have any except speciality rounds like CB's, shorts and bird shot.

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    I have 950 rounds of .380 ACP I loaded a while back. Who needs some?

    Got a big ole pile of .38 special and .357 magnum, too. I don't own any gun that uses them... hahaha.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  8. #8
    Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Real World.
    Posts
    1,705

    Post imported post

    ixtow wrote:
    I have 950 rounds of .380 ACP I loaded a while back. Who needs some?

    Got a big ole pile of .38 special and .357 magnum, too. I don't own any gun that uses them... hahaha.
    I've heard that in some places finding .380 is dentistry on a chicken. I don't use any of those myself, but I burn up some .45 when I'm home. I just hope I can find it for less than .35 cents a round in January. I can't wait to get back into IDPA.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

  9. #9
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    Well, I offered for that very reason. I don't even have anything that shoots it ATM, and have so much of it sitting here...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    Hillmann wrote:
    In June I bought .22 and I paid about $21.00 for a brick but I had to go to four stores to find it, the first three stores didn't have any except speciality rounds like CB's, shorts and bird shot.
    :shock: Was it gold jacketed?

    I'll have an assload of MiniMag I'll sell you for $15/100.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cameron, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    271

    Post imported post

    AWDstylez wrote:
    Hillmann wrote:
    In June I bought .22 and I paid about $21.00 for a brick but I had to go to four stores to find it, the first three stores didn't have any except speciality rounds like CB's, shorts and bird shot.
    :shock: Was it gold jacketed?

    I'll have an assload of MiniMag I'll sell you for $15/100.
    When I bout it I wanted a brick but had to buy individual boxes, the price tags are still on them ,$2.11, each. Before that the most I ever paid was $17.00 a brick and thought I was getting screwed.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    Hillmann wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    Hillmann wrote:
    In June I bought .22 and I paid about $21.00 for a brick but I had to go to four stores to find it, the first three stores didn't have any except speciality rounds like CB's, shorts and bird shot.
    :shock: Was it gold jacketed?

    I'll have an assload of MiniMag I'll sell you for $15/100.
    When I bout it I wanted a brick but had to buy individual boxes, the price tags are still on them ,$2.11, each. Before that the most I ever paid was $17.00 a brick and thought I was getting screwed.


    For what kind of ammo is this? I get MiniMag for $5.50 brick at Walmart. Regular bulk stuff is like $11-13/500.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cameron, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    271

    Post imported post

    AWDstylez wrote:
    Hillmann wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    Hillmann wrote:
    In June I bought .22 and I paid about $21.00 for a brick but I had to go to four stores to find it, the first three stores didn't have any except speciality rounds like CB's, shorts and bird shot.
    :shock: Was it gold jacketed?

    I'll have an assload of MiniMag I'll sell you for $15/100.
    When I bout it I wanted a brick but had to buy individual boxes, the price tags are still on them ,$2.11, each. Before that the most I ever paid was $17.00 a brick and thought I was getting screwed.


    For what kind of ammo is this? I get MiniMag for $5.50 brick at Walmart. Regular bulk stuff is like $11-13/500.
    I think it is remmingtongolden HP. I will have to look when I get home. What Is MiniMag?

    I think the cheapest I have ever paid for a brick is seven or eight dollers but usually closser to ten or eleven although that is for Remmington CCI may be cheaper but I don't price it because my gun dosen't like it anymore.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cameron, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    271

    Post imported post

    I was just looking on line and saw that the sites that sell Minimag call a 100 round box a brick. When I said a brick I mean five hundred rounds.

  15. #15
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    I pick up the rem golden hp as well, whenever I can. I can't say I've looked at the price lately, but $12-$14 seems to stick out in my mind. It tends to be clean like copper jacketed, but cheap like lead.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    Hillmann wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    Hillmann wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    Hillmann wrote:
    In June I bought .22 and I paid about $21.00 for a brick but I had to go to four stores to find it, the first three stores didn't have any except speciality rounds like CB's, shorts and bird shot.
    :shock: Was it gold jacketed?

    I'll have an assload of MiniMag I'll sell you for $15/100.
    When I bout it I wanted a brick but had to buy individual boxes, the price tags are still on them ,$2.11, each. Before that the most I ever paid was $17.00 a brick and thought I was getting screwed.


    For what kind of ammo is this? I get MiniMag for $5.50 brick at Walmart. Regular bulk stuff is like $11-13/500.
    I think it is remmingtongolden HP. I will have to look when I get home. What Is MiniMag?

    I think the cheapest I have ever paid for a brick is seven or eight dollers but usually closser to ten or eleven although that is for Remmington CCI may be cheaper but I don't price it because my gun dosen't like it anymore.

    Let me know what you have and I guarantee I can get it for you for half what you're paying for it. We're swimming in .22 over here.



    MiniMag isCCI's high velocity load.


  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    Hillmann wrote:
    I was just looking on line and saw that the sites that sell Minimag call a 100 round box a brick. When I said a brick I mean five hundred rounds.
    Ah! Ok that explains it. $17/500 is still extremely high. Remmington gold goes for like $13/500 around here (might be less, haven't checked in awhile).

    100 rounds is usually refered to as "brick" because of the shape of the box.







    :P

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cameron, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    271

    Post imported post

    AWDstylez wrote:
    Hillmann wrote:
    I was just looking on line and saw that the sites that sell Minimag call a 100 round box a brick. When I said a brick I mean five hundred rounds.
    Ah! Ok that explains it. $17/500 is still extremely high. Remmington gold goes for like $13/500 around here (might be less, haven't checked in awhile).

    100 rounds is usually refered to as "brick" because of the shape of the box.







    :P
    And everyone else calls 500 a brick because 10 smaller boxes packed into one larger box is the same size shape and weight of a brick.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    Hillmann wrote:
    And everyone else calls 500 a brick because 10 smaller boxes packed into one larger box is the same size shape and weight of a brick.
    I think you meant cinderblock. :P

  20. #20
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    <-- look, bricks.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    ixtow wrote:
    <-- look, bricks.
    9:00pm on a Friday... Starbucks and a world of open pussyjust waiting for youis calling. Hurry up.

  22. #22
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    AWDstylez wrote:
    ixtow wrote:
    <-- look, bricks.
    9:00pm on a Friday... Starbucks and a world of open pussyjust waiting for youis calling. Hurry up.
    Aw, you just can't stop imposing the opposite of the truth. It's so cute.

    I don't think I've ever made the acquaintance of a bigger ****** bag, and bald-faced liar, than you.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cameron, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    271

    Post imported post

    Everyone(accept you)knows that a brick means 500 rounds.:P

    Do we need to do a poll to see who is right?

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    Hillmann wrote:
    Everyone(accept you)knows that a brick means 500 rounds.:P

    Do we need to do a poll to see who is right?
    I shall do it up. Loser owes the other one a 500 round _____. :P

  25. #25
    Lone Star Veteran Gator5713's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Aggieland, Texas, USA
    Posts
    593

    Post imported post

    I find it very difficult to say this... But....
    I'm with AWD on this one! 100 rd 'Brick' 500 rd 'Box'
    And he even seems to be being friendly and helpful for once!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •