Thread: The movement is everywhere

Centurion

Post imported post

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/55224367.html

Earlier Wednesday night, in Green Bay, an estimated 450 supporters of the proposed health care changes rallied with Democratic Rep. Steve Kagen of Appleton. Labor, church and consumer groups led that rally.

In Madison, police provided a highly visible security presence at the Marriott West. Signs announced: "No weapons allowed in the hotel" - a nod to participants who might have been tempted to show support for open-carry laws, police said.

Post imported post

So Jim Steineke, the founder of Fox Valley Initiative (who hosted the Appleton Tax Day Tea Party, and other events) went to this rally and reported on his Facebook last night:
    Kagen "pep rally" for health care legislation going on now. extremely organized and staged. only supportive signs allowed.
    http://foxvalleyinitiative.net/

Centurion

Post imported post

I just think its funny that at a conservative event they needed to post signs "no guns allowed"

2 points...

First, its interesting the reactionary measures to perhaps seeing the gun in AZ that OC'd the AR-15

Second, being held at a private building, you'd think that a conservative group would make a point to NOT have signs posted or ask that a hotel they were patronizing NOT post signs.

Surely just the gestapo (aka mad-town police department) had "suggested" this.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Once upon a time the extremes of the one dimensional political map, that gave us 'left' and 'right' as political descriptors, were labeled reactionary on the conservative branch and radical for the liberal extreme.

Post imported post

No weapons in the Hotel??? So, I'm sure the LEO's checked their weapons at the door right?...
    Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Post imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
    No weapons in the Hotel??? So, I'm sure the LEO's checked their weapons at the door right?...
    You seem to forget that laws don't apply to hose who enforce them....

Post imported post

Stoney-Point wrote:
    Landose_theghost wrote:
    You seem to forget that laws don't apply to hose who enforce them....
    An unintended play on words, but very true none the less...I love it.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Post imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:
    I just think its funny that at a conservative event they needed to post signs "no guns allowed"

2 points...

First, its interesting the reactionary measures to perhaps seeing the gun in AZ that OC'd the AR-15

Second, being held at a private building, you'd think that a conservative group would make a point to NOT have signs posted or ask that a hotel they were patronizing NOT post signs.

Surely just the gestapo (aka mad-town police department) had "suggested" this.
    This is really sad considering I just carried at a Democrat Appreciation Dinner