• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The movement is everywhere

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/55224367.html

Earlier Wednesday night, in Green Bay, an estimated 450 supporters of the proposed health care changes rallied with Democratic Rep. Steve Kagen of Appleton. Labor, church and consumer groups led that rally.

In Madison, police provided a highly visible security presence at the Marriott West. Signs announced: "No weapons allowed in the hotel" - a nod to participants who might have been tempted to show support for open-carry laws, police said.

Sgt_Habz

imported post

So Jim Steineke, the founder of Fox Valley Initiative (who hosted the Appleton Tax Day Tea Party, and other events) went to this rally and reported on his Facebook last night:
Kagen "pep rally" for health care legislation going on now. extremely organized and staged. only supportive signs allowed.
http://foxvalleyinitiative.net/

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

I just think its funny that at a conservative event they needed to post signs "no guns allowed"

2 points...

First, its interesting the reactionary measures to perhaps seeing the gun in AZ that OC'd the AR-15

Second, being held at a private building, you'd think that a conservative group would make a point to NOT have signs posted or ask that a hotel they were patronizing NOT post signs.

Surely just the gestapo (aka mad-town police department) had "suggested" this.

Woodchuck

imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:
I just think its funny that at a conservative event they needed to post signs "no guns allowed"

2 points...

First, its interesting the reactionary measures to perhaps seeing the gun in AZ that OC'd the AR-15

Second, being held at a private building, you'd think that a conservative group would make a point to NOT have signs posted or ask that a hotel they were patronizing NOT post signs.

Surely just the gestapo (aka mad-town police department) had "suggested" this.

This is really sad considering I just carried at a Democrat Appreciation Dinner