• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC AT THE TEA PARTY?

jfrey123

imported post

So I went today. Had a good time commingling with the crowd. Had a chance to be interviewed on camera with News Channel 8 but turned her down. Poor gal was a little out of place, cute little thing with great body but probably one who voted for Obama. Needless to say this reporter was a little lost looking.

Probably between 700-1000 people when I got there. I arrived around 5pm and had to park 3 blocks away. I had a dinner appointment at the last minute so I had to leave around 6pm.

The only thing I saw resembling OC was a older fella with a empty revolver leather holster. Couldn't get over quick enough to see him, I was waiting for at least one other OC'er before I would show my weapon. I concealed the entire time.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If you want to do it right, leave your ID and CCW locked in your car or on your bike. I'd be there right beside you doing the same thing but Monday is my first real day of work in almost 9 months and I start at 9am, so it'll be next to impossible to make this event.

Tim

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

Good Plan. I think I am ready for that. I was thinking about really making a statement. but I cannot locate a OWB holster for an olympic arms model 98. anywhere . soI will leave my stuff locked in my vehicle, And tell the officer, I didnt want the "Angry Mob" to pickpocket me.

Lostlittlerobot

imported post

I'm a bit weary of participating in something like this. I don't like crowds either.

First off I don't want to mess up and make anyone here angry (again). Second off...MondayI work 11pm to 7am and I'll be coming from work VERY tired. Even in my right mind, having been up 30+ hours I worry very much to look stupid. Plus tired carrycan beunsafe carry.

I don't carry to make a statement. I'm not an activist. I am 100% about safety. I fully understand that my safety can be taken away without activists like those on this website. It makes the whole thing rather complicated. heh.

I work part time, didn't get my schedule until recently. If you want/need me there...tired and stuff, I can be...and I'd like to be, if you'll let me help. But attack me, or argue against me and I'll simply leave. If you're going - and you want me as company, I want a phone conversation; I want to get to know you a bit, a briefing, I REALLY don't want to "mess up" if there's any chance of it at all.

I've seen several interviews on the news about Obama meetings being attended by armed protestors. The thing I wished they had all said was "I didn't come to a presidential rally armed.I came to a presidential rally. I go armed everywhere, because it’s my right. I go to a grocery mart. I go get gas. I go to movies, and I go to bars (OR whatev!). I go where I go, and I feel safer exercising my rights.

No one said they were there….just THERE. If I got interviewed, I want to know that if I said “I’m here…just to be here, and to learn, and the afterthought that I’m armed is simply what I do each and everyday…” I want to know that won’t get me in trouble with YOU ALL.

So, PM me if you’re REALLY going, and if you can HELP ME LEARN. I’d love to.

Vegassteve

imported post

Lostlittlerobot wrote:
I'm a bit weary of participating in something like this. I don't like crowds either.

First off I don't want to mess up and make anyone here angry (again)

Oh stop it. I will only say this one more time. NO ONE WAS ANGRY AT YOU. We pointed out some things and I made a statement about people in general.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Lostlittlerobot wrote:
If I got interviewed, I want to know that if I said “I’m here…just to be here, and to learn, and the afterthought that I’m armed is simply what I do each and everyday…” I want to know that won’t get me in trouble with YOU ALL.

Ya know what? I'm wondering if we'd all be better off giving an answer like that anytime we might be interviewed by the media. I'm thinking that if we act like it's no big deal that we're armed and question the media as to why they're getting their panties in a wad over it, it might discombobulate them. Mess with their heads, ya know. Put them on the defensive.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

Ok, here's the report. I went to the tea party, there was a pretty good crowd, I stayed on the outskirts as I was full blown OCing my stainless 1911. I was not drawing to much attention at first in spite of my huge "DON'T TREAD ON Me" flag.I got the occasional "nice gun" comment or thumbs up. once metro spotted me I saw they "set up" directly behind , but about 75` back, they did not follow me if I moved through the crowd.The NRA Photographer took some still shots of my flag and firearm for American rifleman, and channel 3 news set up so my firearm was in the background while the chubby blond news lady said whatever she said. However CNN news guy came up and asked if he could take some video and I asked him if he was going to portray me as an extremist , he said no so i said sure he asked me if I was a Conservative and I told himI don'thave the red or the blue flue,I believe in the constitution, I met Chris Saldonia(spelling) channel 8 news He said he CC'S sometimes and a few others were down there CCing one even uncovered for a couple of mins. It was my first tea party and I feel like I did it in style.