Thread: You guys in CA have it rough

Post imported post

I've never even been to CA, just been browsingyour OC stories. I think it's insane what your elected officials make you go through. I am a former cop, and not once did it occur to me to check or take away someone's openly carried or concealedfirearm for my safety, unless they were already doing something illegal to begin with. Guns tend to be safer when left in the holster than when they are handled. And, what's the deal with unloaded open carry? Does having a loaded gun on your hip make you go off the deep end and start shooting if you are not a LEO?

Sorry guys, but Nevada is as close asI ever want to get to California. Someone should check what they put in the water.

Post imported post

gis wrote:
    I've never even been to CA, just been browsingyour OC stories. I think it's insane what your elected officials make you go through. I am a former cop, and not once did it occur to me to check or take away someone's openly carried or concealedfirearm for my safety, unless they were already doing something illegal to begin with. Guns tend to be safer when left in the holster than when they are handled. And, what's the deal with unloaded open carry? Does having a loaded gun on your hip make you go off the deep end and start shooting if you are not a LEO?

Sorry guys, but Nevada is as close asI ever want to get to California. Someone should check what they put in the water.
    Sad isn't it? But there are some here that want freedom! Ahh to live in a state where you can buy almost any handgun you want or buy a real EBR. I need to move to America

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

arkangel88 wrote:
    gis wrote:

Sad isn't it? But there areMANY here that want freedom! Ahh to live in a state where you can buy almost any handgun you want or buy a real EBR. I need to move to America
    Fixed it for your Arkangel. Yeah we have it rough, but not many here don't enjoy a good fight. We're up for it. And we will prevail...the writing is already on the wall.

Can I get a good ole Mel G. war cry? F R E E D O M !!!

"Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

gis wrote:
    And, what's the deal with unloaded open carry?
    Mulford Act, signed into law in '67 by Governor Reagan, as a reaction to the Black Panther Party members openly carrying loaded guns in public. They were carrying because cops would routinely beat them up and sic their dogs on them. That stopped when they began carrying. State legislature decided we can't have armed black citizens defending themselves against government oppression, so for the last four decades we have only been able to openly carry unloaded guns.

California's loaded weapon ban is based entirely on racism.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"