• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2A March upcoming dates in Michigan

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

EATON RAPIDS
Where: [/b]Eaton Rapids Conservation Club
4100 Freeman Rd. Eaton Rapids, MI[/b]
When:[/b] August 29[suP]st[/suP], 2009
Time:[/b] 7:00 PM
Contact Forrest Ray 517-708-7265
Speak at pot luck dinner.

SHELBY TOWNSHIP

Shooting Competition & 2nd Amendment MarchMOC Fundraiser
Where:
Hunts with Double Indoor
Address:51334 Danview Technology Court Shelby Twp, Michigan 48315
When:Saturday,August 29, 2009
Time:12:00Noon to?[/b]

ST. JOHNS

Where:[/b] Sleepy Hollow Conservation Club Trapshoot.
Donation required to shoot.
Address:[/b] on Mead Rd. West of US-27 1.5 miles.
North of St. Johns, MI.
When:[/b] Saturday Sept. 12[suP]th[/suP] 2009
Time:[/b] 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Contacts:[/b] Tom Zink: Local organizer gzink@verizon.net
Brian Jeffs brian.jeffs@secondamendmentmarch.org

BAY CITY

2A March Meeting
Where:[/b] James Clements Airport
614 S River Rd, Bay City, MI 48708
When:[/b] Saturday September 26[suP]th[/suP], 2009
Time:[/b] 4:00 PM--7:00 PM
Brian Jeffs Brian.jeffs@secondamendmentmarch.com

PINCKNEY

CPL class Proceeds benefit MOC and 2A March.
Where:[/b] Post 46, 8888 N. Dexter-Townhall Rd. Pinckney, MI
When:[/b] Saturday September 26[suP]th[/suP]
Time:[/b] 8:30 am- 6:30 pm
Cost:[/b] $100--Limit 50 people. Bring a dish to pass at lunchtime.
Instructors: Skip Coryell [url]http://www.mwtac.com/mwtac/901.html[/url]
Tentative, Steve Fisher. http://www.michigantrainer.com/
Class will fulfill Michigan requirement for CPL application.

FARMINGTON HILL

[/b]Where:[/b] American Legion-Groves-Walker Post 346
Address:[/b] 31775 Grand River Ave. Farmington Hills, MI 48336
When:[/b] September 24[suP]th[/suP], 2009
Time:[/b] 6:30-8:30 pm
Contact:[/b] Carolyn Mirling at mirlingenterprises@yahoo.com or Brian Jeffs, State Coordinator at brian.jeffs@secondamendmentmarch.com

CADILLAC

[/b]Where:[/b] DNR’s Carl T. Johnson Hunting and Fishing Center
Address:[/b] Across from Lake Mitchell near Cadillac.
When:[/b] October???
Time:[/b] 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Contacts:[/b] Brian Jeffs brian.jeffs@secondamendmentmarch.org

BATH

Where:[/b] Park Lake Improvement League Memorial Building
Address:[/b] 5959 Park Lake, Bath, MI 48808
When:[/b]NO DATE YET

Contacts:[/b] Brian Jeffs brian.jeffs@secondamendmentmarch.org

REDFORD

Where:[/b] Don S. Hubert VFW HALL
Address:[/b] 27345 Schoolcraft
Redford, MI 48239 near Inkster and I-96

When:[/b] POSTPONED

Contact:[/b] Gary J. Kramer, Vice President, MGO gjkramer45@comcast.net
Brian Jeffs- brian.jeffs@secondamendmentmarch.com

ATHENS

Where: Athens Township Hall 129 E. Burr Oak St.
When: October 9[suP]th[/suP], 2009
Time: 6:30 PM
Contacts: Brian Roe clbroe@triton.net 269-986-0211
Brian Jeffs brian.jeffs@secondamendmentmarch.com

CLARE
Where:[/b] Jay’s Sporting Goods Store
8800 S Clare Ave. Clare, MI
When:[/b] Sat and Sun-October 16-17, 2009
2A March will have an info table set up in Lobby and items for sale.

Venator

imported post

cabman1 wrote:
How do you go about setting up a 2a march meeting?
Dear Organizer:

I have attached the basics on how to organize a town hall style meeting. Please read it over. If you have any questions please call me. The purpose of these meetings is to solicit funds and promote awareness about the March.

It’s not that hard. First get a location that can accommodate the amount of people you think will attend. Then pick a date and time. Once you have that information contact me so I can do a press release in the area. After that just do all you can to inform the people in your area when and where the event will take place. Community sections of newspapers, local patriotic organizations, gun clubs and conservation clubs, you can handout flyers and put them up in local businesses, etc. Flyers can be downloaded or printed here:
[url]http://secondamendmentmarch.com/printables/8x11_flyer.pdf[/url] I can create a flyer with just the event info on it as well.

Depending on the date, Skip or I can be on hand to give a brief talk about the march and will have items to sell and auction off. If you can get other local speakers to talk about not just gun rights but on any subject dealing with personal freedoms. So look the material over and decide if this is something you wish to organize. If so, I will assist you in any way I can. Please feel free to call me any evening to discuss this in more detail.

Thank you.
Brian Jeffs, Board of Director
Second Amendment March
517-641-7236 after 5:00 PM

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]Dear Patriot and Organizer,[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]Thanks you for your interest and for your willingness to organize a 2A Town Hall meeting. We appreciate your support. You have taken a big step in helping to maintain freedom and the right to keep and bear arms during these especially unsettling and turbulent times. We can’t thank you enough. Please follow the attached instructions in organizing your Second Amendment Town Hall meeting.[/font]

[align=center][font="Times New Roman, serif"]The mission of the Second Amendment March is to galvanize the courage and resolve of Americans; to petition our elected officials against establishing anti-gun legislation; and to remind America that the Second Amendment is necessary to maintain our right to self defense.[/font][/align][font="Times New Roman, serif"]Second Amendment March timeline:[/font]

· [font="Times New Roman, serif"]April 2008 through February 2010 we will hold Second Amendment Town Hall Meetings all across America[/font]

· [font="Times New Roman, serif"]March 2010 we will hold State Capitol marches in as many states as possible.[/font]

· [font="Times New Roman, serif"]April 19th 2010 we will march on Washington DC[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]Town Hall meetings are the heart and soul of the Second Amendment March. They help us build the foundation and grassroots support needed to fund and populate the State Capitol and DC marches. Without them we could not accomplish our mission. No Town Hall meeting is too small or too big.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]There’s nothing magical about organizing a town hall meeting. It takes hard work performed in the right sequence. In order to make it easier for you, please follow the steps and guidelines below as you plan and organize your event. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at info@secondamendmentmarch.com.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]Skip Coryell[/font]
[font="Times New Roman, serif"]Founder, Second Amendment March[/font]
[font="Times New Roman, serif"]http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com[/font]

[align=center]How to Organize a Second Amendment Town Hall Meeting[/align]
[font="Arial, sans-serif"]Organize by the Numbers![/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]1. Register your town hall meeting.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]This is done simply by emailing us at: [/font][font="Times New Roman, serif"]info@secondamendmentmarch.com[/font][font="Times New Roman, serif"] or contact Brian Jeffs State coordinator[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]Once you are registered, we will call you personally to offer our thanks and guidance. We will then send you a planning packet complete with flyers, posters, and business cards, and 2A merchandise for promoting and fundraising purposes.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]2. Find a place to hold the meeting. [/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]This can be big or it can be small. The choice is up to you. It can be in an arena with 10,000 people or in your neighbor’s barn with 25 of your neighbors. The important thing is that you band together as Americans and network and plan to preserve your Second Amendment Rights. Some ideas for venue include but are not limited to:[/font]

· [font="Times New Roman, serif"]Town Halls[/font]
· [font="Times New Roman, serif"]VFW Halls[/font]
· [font="Times New Roman, serif"]Churches[/font]
· [font="Times New Roman, serif"]Shooting Clubs[/font]
· [font="Times New Roman, serif"]Conservation Clubs[/font]
· [font="Times New Roman, serif"]Union Halls[/font]
· [font="Times New Roman, serif"]Banquet Halls[/font]
· [font="Times New Roman, serif"]Parks[/font]
· [font="Times New Roman, serif"]Large private homes[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]3. Publicize the event. [/font]

There are many things you can do to publicize and promote your town hall meeting. Here are some examples:

· Put an ad in your local newspaper
· Distribute flyers (We can help with design and printing.)
o Supermarkets
o Place of employment
o Schools (preferably colleges)
o Social Clubs

· Go on the radio or television! Don’t be shy! (If you can set up an interview but do not wish to go on the air contact us at info@secondamendmentmarch.com and we will provide someone from our staff.)

· Post the event on firearms-friendly bulletin boards like:
o
[url]http://www.thefiringline.com[/url]
o [url]http://www.thehighroad.org[/url]
o [url]http://www.ar15.com[/url]

o There are many other state-level or organizational bulletin boards you might have access to – give those a try as well.

· Word of mouth. Tell all your friends and everyone you meet. Ask them to help and give them some flyers, too!

· Invite other organizations in your community to attend and to help promote the 2A March.

[align=center][font="Times New Roman, serif"]2A march will promote the event by placing it on our website and by announcing it in our weekly newsletter. We will also provide you with printed flyers for your event.[/font][/align][font="Times New Roman, serif"]4. Provide the logistics.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]This will vary depending on the venue and size of the meeting. Please make sure people have what they need to attend and enjoy themselves. (E.g., bathroom facilities, shelter from the elements, seating, etc.).[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]Please be aware that many public venues require a permit, and there may be fees and applications involved. For example, some municipalities require a permit and porta-potties for events beyond a certain number of anticipated attendees. Expect to fill out forms and adhere to all government regulations regarding the location you seek[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]If someone is speaking or giving a presentation, you may need a stage, sound system, audio visual equipment, computers, projectors, etc. Plan ahead. [/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]NOTE: If your venue is large enough the Founder of Second Amendment March or another approved professional speaker may fly to your event to speak or render other support as necessary. (If a professional speaker is not available Second Amendment March will provide you with a video or PowerPoint presentation to assist.)[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]5. During the event.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]It is important that you document the event either with still photos or video. The Second Amendment March will use this on our website and in other publications to promote future meetings and to help encourage others to follow your example. [/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]6. Fundraising.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]Make sure there is a secure Second Amendment March donation jar readily accessible to the people. Their generosity will help defray the cost of your event. Have a table set up with 2A March information and merchandise. You may also have a local non-profit organize a 50/50 raffle or other lawful fund-raising activity. All net proceeds will go towards funding the Second Amendment March. (Be sure to follow all state, local and federal guidelines for anything you do associated with the 2A march.)[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]Second Amendment March will also send you a supply of 2A March merchandise for you to sell at the event. All proceeds go towards expenses and the 2A March.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]7. After the event.[/font]

· [font="Times New Roman, serif"]Provide for clean up by ensuring that people clean up the mess and return the area to its original state. [/font]

· [font="Times New Roman, serif"]Send in your article, photos and video to info@secondamendmentmarch.com.[/font]

· [font="Times New Roman, serif"]Once you have computed the cost of your event, make sure the bills are paid.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]Then mail in the net profit along with receipts to: (Direct all financial questions to the 2A March Treasurer, Nichole Ridner at 269-623-2301 or nichole@secondamendmentmarch.com.)[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]Second Amendment March[/font]
[font="Times New Roman, serif"]PO Box 232[/font]
[font="Times New Roman, serif"]Delton MI 49046-0232[/font]

Or, you can use the “Donate” button on http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com and email the receipts.

That’s all there is to it! But if you have special questions, please contact us at
info@secondamendmentmarch.com.

Venator

imported post

May be of interest to some.

MICHIGAN STATE CAPITAL
Sportsmen's Day at the Capitol
Where:[/b] State Capital Building
When:[/b] Tuesday September 22[suP]nd[/suP], 2009
Time:[/b] 9:00 am -2:00 pm
Contact: Brady Schickinger Aide to Rep. Sheltrown bschick@house.mi.gov
Brian Jeffs brian.jeffs@secondamendmentmarch.org

The north and west wing of the first floor of the Capitol will include displays by many of the various hunting and outdoor recreational groups in the state. There will also be demonstrations by several groups on the Capitol lawn.

The event is being coordinated jointly by Rep. Joel Sheltrown, MCRGO and MUCC.

Yosemite Sam

Family Membership, St. Helen, Michigan, USA
imported post

Well I got everything that I needed to finish hooking up my generator to the house when we lose power up here. That usually happens twice a year. Od'ed in Menards in Bay City. I'll get the addresses of those open carry friendly Business, so you can post them on the board.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Yosemite Sam wrote:
Well I got everything that I needed to finish hooking up my generator to the house when we lose power up here. That usually happens twice a year. Od'ed in Menards in Bay City. I'll get the addresses of those open carry friendly Business, so you can post them on the board.
Yosemite, when you get the info put it in the stickied "OC Friendly Businesses" thread. When I get a chance I'll put it in the "OC Friendly Places" located in the stickied Events Thread.

Venator

imported post

Forpeople in the Battle Creek area.

Where: Athens Township Hall 129 E. Burr Oak St.
When: Friday October 9th, 2009
Time: 6:30 PM

There will be a Town Hall Style meeting at the Athens Township Hall on Friday October 9th at 7:00 PM to discuss the Second Amendment March (SAM http://www.secondamendmentmarch.org) that will take place in Washington D.C. on April 19th, 2010. April 19th will be the 235 anniversary of the Battle of Lexington/Concord. A battle fought to prevent the British from confiscating arms held by the colonists. This battle ignited the American Revolution.

The Second Amendment March is a national non-profit organization that exists only to facilitate this celebration of our 2nd Amendment in Washington D.C. There will also be a second amendment rally in Lansing at the State Capitol the week before on April 13th from noon to 3:00 PM.

There will be a representative of the March at the meeting on Friday to give a short talk about this endeavor and to answer questions about this historic undertaking. The public is invited to attend this meeting at the township hall at 6:30 PM this Friday so they can learn more about how they can help support the Second Amendment March reach its goal. This event will be family friendly. For more information call 734-748-0438 or email Brian Jeffs at brian.jeffs@secondamendmentmarch.com. Be sure to checkout the March’s website at http://www.secondamendmentmarch.org

UCWT

imported post

Just wondering how many people will also be attending this meeting.

Any of you battle creek guys going and want to meet up after for some face time?

UCWT

imported post

Venator wrote:
Mastiff69 said he is going.  PM him.

PMs don't go through from my phone in this forum for some reason but full use on other sites. I have limited pc use so it was a bump to remind people that it is tomorrow and use the space to maybe meet up with some people.

Maybe someone could pm the tech guys for me to see if there is a fix for that. They can pm me. It does let me read them and I would welcome a chance to pm people with questions with out hijacking the topic.

Thanks for any help on this and would like to get to know like minded people but limited means and making due with what I got. So sorry for hijacking from time to time.

UCWT

mastiff69

imported post

Yes papa & mama mastiff will be there, in all of our glory... Venator i will try and get that pic of my wifes ****Y that you requested...:lol:i will print that in a 8x11 format for you:what:

Venator

imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
Yes papa & mama mastiff will be there, in all of our glory... Venator i will try and get that pic of my wifes ****Y that you requested...:lol:i will print that in a 8x11 format for you:what:
Can't wait.