Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Wisconsin's Reporter Herald: Picnic goers pack lunch & some heat

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    http://www.leadertelegram.com/story-...id=BKVGE1UT0J4

    Picnic goers pack lunch & some heat
    The picnic at the St. Croix County Fairground in Glenwood City on Aug. 23 was not your typical Sunday afternoon luncheon.

    The picnic at the St. Croix County Fairground in Glenwood City on Aug. 23 was not your typical Sunday afternoon luncheon.



    The patriotic picnic played host to about 350 people eating corn on the cob, playing bean bag toss and catching up with friends. These people brought more than casseroles and barbecue to the potluck, however. They brought their handguns with them.



    Dave “Ole” Olson hosted the picnic to educate the public and gun owners about their rights.

    A large display was erected in the center of the picnic grounds. The boards educated those in attendance about gun laws in Wisconsin.



    In addition to the display, there was a petition on a board. The petition was sponsored by opencarry.org. The organization hopes to change the law that requires Wisconsin residents to have their guns unloaded in a vehicle. In addition, the petition wants to rework the law about adults not being able to carry firearms in schools.



    Ultimately, those who signed the petition want to make Wisconsin’s guns laws more similar to Minnesota’s.



    There were guidelines at the picnic. Attendees had to keep their guns holstered at all times. Only adults 18 years and older could be carrying guns at the event. No long guns -- rifles and shotguns -- were permitted, and there was no alcohol served or brought to the picnic.



    A guest book was available for those in attendance to willingly sign. The event was free, but Olson was appreciative of any goodwill donations that were given.



    Olson said another similar event is scheduled in Hudson for mid-October.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    14

    Post imported post

    That link leads to a lLoveland CO story??? Why a WI heading?

  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    Trailmaster wrote:
    That link leads to a lLoveland CO story??? Why a WI heading?
    Link corrected.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    14

    Post imported post

    Great! Thanks Mike!

  5. #5
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Berlin, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    844

    Post imported post

    In addition, the petition wants to rework the law about adults not being able to carry firearms in schools.
    Well not exactly but...

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In the middle of a corn field, Iowa, USA
    Posts
    26

    Post imported post

    hugh jarmis wrote:
    In addition, the petition wants to rework the law about adults not being able to carry firearms in schools.
    Well not exactly but...
    yeah I kinda caught that too.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Eau Claire, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    18

    Post imported post

    What do you expect, it's the Liar-Telestory. They couldn't get a story straight if it was about a yardstick. Someday I am hoping to read a quote that they actually got right.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,170

    Post imported post

    I have yet to see a single unbiased report of any event where some personis legally carrying a firearm.
    Lets take a look at the terminology used in these reports;


    Packing Heat,
    Gun-toting,
    Brandishing (WTF? especially on brandishing)
    Assault weapons,
    Machine Guns (an Arizona news report calleda mans AR-15 a machine gun!)
    Fully-automatic weapons!
    "God-Damn Gun" (C. Matthews of MSNBC

    Since when do we want to be able to go armed in schools? We are only arguing the constitutionality of the 1,000 foot school zone exclusions and showing the folly of the GFZ around schools and how criminals ignore the laws!

    I know I am missing some of the bullschitt terms used by the MSM, may I call upon the members to add to my list? What are some laughable or infuriating terms you read or hear the uninformed use.
    Add to the list please



  9. #9
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705

    Post imported post

    Since brandishing is typically a crime, doesn't a newspaper expose themselves to Libel when they report as fact that a particular person or group of people are brandishing at a protest?

    I think you have to also prove malice, but given the media's demonstrable bias, that might not be so hard... Especially from a reporter like Matthews.

    TFred

  10. #10
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    Nutczak wrote:
    Since when do we want to be able to go armed in schools?
    I wouldn't mind, I have a kid. Why must he be dangled like a carrot in front of the world's 'bad people' while off at government mandated brainwash camp, er, I means school....

    I think that question answers itself.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,170

    Post imported post

    ixtow wrote:
    Nutczak wrote:
    Since when do we want to be able to go armed in schools?
    I wouldn't mind, I have a kid. Why must he be dangled like a carrot in front of the world's 'bad people' while off at government mandated brainwash camp, er, I means school....

    I think that question answers itself.
    it is the way the MSM portrays the subject that puts a slant on it, if they were to specifically state "We want to remove the ban so parents that are picking up their children and are legally armed will not be charged with a felony or be forced to leave their means of self-defense at home to not violate current law"

    But instead they portray that we want kids walking around "Packing Heat, Brandishing, Toting Guns" while attending school. The backstory and clarity of the "Hows & why" need to be told instead of trying to use the "Shock headlines" like the tabloids commonly use to sell issues. "Boy trapped in refrigerator eats own foot" "Aliens live in the whitehouse" (although there is some truth to the last one)

  12. #12
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    Nutczak wrote:
    ixtow wrote:
    Nutczak wrote:
    Since when do we want to be able to go armed in schools?
    I wouldn't mind, I have a kid. Why must he be dangled like a carrot in front of the world's 'bad people' while off at government mandated brainwash camp, er, I means school....

    I think that question answers itself.
    it is the way the MSM portrays the subject that puts a slant on it, if they were to specifically state "We want to remove the ban so parents that are picking up their children and are legally armed will not be charged with a felony or be forced to leave their means of self-defense at home to not violate current law"

    But instead they portray that we want kids walking around "Packing Heat, Brandishing, Toting Guns" while attending school. The backstory and clarity of the "Hows & why" need to be told instead of trying to use the "Shock headlines" like the tabloids commonly use to sell issues. "Boy trapped in refrigerator eats own foot" "Aliens live in the whitehouse" (although there is some truth to the last one)
    Letting my son take his Ruger Charger and a few 25 round mags to school would be a far better safety measure than everything else they have at that place. You should see us dump a mag with matching Chargers w/ red dots. Fun stuff. I'd certainly trust him before I trusted the Police.

    Little Man rocks!

    Yes, actually, I would like my son to carry a gun to school in his backpack. He has to ride his bike 1.5 miles through city filth to get there and back every day. The bus has a policy of refusing to transport kids under 2 miles from the place. They just have to fend for themselves, unarmed, in the worst place on earth. An American Metropolitan Complex. Yuk. Kids are kidnapped, raped, and found dead a week later with such frequency, it doesn't even make the news anymore. Unless it happens to a rich person's kids....
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •