• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing on the King County Metro bus 245 >:-(

Lexington_Son

imported post

I was taking the 245 from theKirkland Transit Centertoday oc'ing with my glock, no one really noticed (perfect bus ride so far). Everything was normal, used a transfer, found a seat, listened to music on my blackberry, thought about what to eat for lunch, etc. got to my stop, thanked the bus driver, got off, put my headphones backin and started walking away toward home...

About 5 seconds later I hear a honk and turn toward the noise, the bus driver has followed me 20ft down the sidewalk and is opening his door...

-I think, "oh, great, here it comes, the flak I always hear about..."

"what is that you have?" pionting at my hip. I responded with mybest thought-throughresponse of "huh?

"what is that?" herepeated, motioningtoward me with his hand."A sidearm?"(I turn with raised eyebrows so he can see my profile)

"what is that? Is that real?" I knod. And add "...it's legal here in Washington State"

He shakes his head mouthing the words "no, no" and then turns away, closes the door and drives off...

Now, I assume that it is not thepolicy of King County Metro to have theirworkers harrass customers after they leave the bus as they walkaway, is it? I don't want to have problems with these drivers since I see them all the time. Seriously. Wasn't there an official notice that these drivers got some time ago?

Is there someone at King County Metro I can contact to make sure that I have documentation next time someone tries to deny me entrance to a bus based on the fact that I'm open-carrying?

Lexington_Son

imported post

yup yup sure do... Have cpl, will travel.

I was mostly annoyed that he bothered to stop and bug me when I was getting back into my music. Especially when it was somthing that he should already be informed about. :X

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I wouldn't worry about it if you are in the right, which it sounds like you were to me, just continue to go about your business. My guess is he called in or told some superior and he was informed at that point.

KBCraig

imported post

I have to mildly chastise you here.... if you're getting "into your music" via headphones to the point you don't notice a city bus sneaking up on you, you probably want to re-think your situational awareness.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

route, coach number, operatordescription, and time. easy to find out who it was.

also you can refer him to the aug 4 operations bulliten.

but confrontation could lead to suspension. especiaally since now anytype of PED use by drivers is supension to termination

Lexington_Son

imported post

Yeah, I referred to the KC website and called the 1-800 number, was directed from Jim O'Rourke's office to Tom Randall, who has actually changed to a different department temporarily, but I briefly told him what happened. He said that he'd forward on my information to the correct department and I'd get a call back about the incident.

I certainly don't want him to lose his job or evenreceive some sort of formal disciplinary action over something as brief as this, (and what was likely to be a misunderstanding and just lack of information.)

I just want to make sure that he re-reads the bulletin to be aware of his company policy and knows and respects the rights of his passengers.

seattleric007

Banned
imported post

All you have to do is get the bus number and the exact time, and use the info that Trevor the bus driver gave, and these sheeple will learn not to violate other people's rights.Don't worry he will just get re-educated by a supervisor or someone in management. Good job on handling it the way you did.

Misguided Child

imported post

OP, that is easily the most pathetic use of the word "harass" I have seen on this board. Reading your post I get the impression the driver wanted to know what type of ugly plastic gun you carry. Maybe he is shopping for a new gun. Then he drove away in disbelief when you couldn't answer his simple question.

FrankC

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
I have to mildly chastise you here.... if you're getting "into your music" via headphones to the point you don't notice a city bus sneaking up on you, you probably want to re-think your situational awareness.

I have to agree.

jbone

imported post

Has Mayor Nickles already found new employment?

DEROS72

imported post

Treveor gave me a copy of the metro bulletin which I carry on all bus trips just in case .Since that time I was harrassed by a driver.Most of the time I never had an issue.Like Treveor said I contacted and filed a complaint on that site he posted.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

i dont think wearing headphones on while your walking is a good thing to do if your oc'ng . especially if your distracted by it.

FunkTrooper

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
i dont think wearing headphones on while your walking is a good thing to do if your oc'ng . especially if your distracted by it.
I wear headphones, listen to music, open carry a pistol, walk and even chew gum all at the same time. Even with all that I can still sense someone walking behind me and notice odd behavior of people around me.