• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Monthy Meeting Place

ecocks

imported post

That's why I asked. So sounds pretty much like sailing into the unknown when OC'ing then. Lots of gray area which is where the problems usually arise from.

No legal definition of intoxicated is a bigger problem.

Certainly I agree with how it looks and that having a beer on the table would be even more alarming to someone who was feeling that 3 guys with guns sitting two tables away was already threatening.

I hardly ever drink, although wine with a meal in a good restaurant isn't that uncommon. Still, good to know.

jdgypsy

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
imported post

Yeah it is tricky as far as wording goes and the law. I will not drink if I am OCing. If I have a glass of wine or a beer when I am CCing with dinner, yeah I see nothing wrong with that, doesnt' happen to often anyway, most of the time I will have some iced tea. Only one glass though, no more if it is wine or beer. If I am allowed to legally drive with about one drink per hour(estimated theory) then I think I would be okay with just one if CCing. As far as OCing, not a chance. No way. Public see's that and the chance of us educating folks is shot.

It was explained to me this way once, if you happen to be at a resturant and a guy comes in shooting, you defend yourself and drop him. You will have to explain your actions and if there is a chance that it is discovered you had even one drink, the DA will and chances are chew you up. Can and are you willing to afford that for just one drink?

Hiredgun30

imported post

i had a brain fart... with the advent of youtube and others we have a chance to have our own media outlet to get our positive message out. I think next meet we should interview some of the people who were there and then post on youtube and others.

I have noticed a trend.. anti gunners are now starting to claim to be pro 2a while at the same time denouncing open carry. what it does is, it protrays the anti gunners as "reasonable gun owners" and us as extremists.

example:

boise weekly article: guns of august by ted rall... i have always known ted rall to be anti gun..i have been reading the boise weekly since the 90s.. he is now protraying himself as pro 2a. while denouncing open carry.

ecocks

imported post

I took two pictures at the cookout on Sunday. My wife was centered but I think they clearly showed the group as well. Will find them and post them later tonight.

Yes, someone with a cam should be getting us some footage of normal people, doing normal things, which can be posted on YouTube and our future website. Next time someone gets some audio of a good encounter wh can also use eve a voice over a picture for educational and illustrative purposes.

Hiredgun30

imported post

we should start planning the next event... i have received some emails in the last two days from people who couldnt make it but want to go to the next event..

I would like to invite a rep from the idaho press tribune to come carry with us at the next event.

ecocks

imported post

Seven people showed up.

We met, told some stories, discussed some considerations of carrying and reviewed a bit of history on trying to get an Idaho group off the ground. No real decisions were made and we left without any clear follow-through as to whether we would try to meet again, venueor timing.

Anyone wants to get together for chat and discussion is always welcome to give me a shout or just throw up a place, date and time for an ad hoc meet in a known friendly spot or test the waters somewhere new.

John Wolver

imported post

I have finals this week. after that, I want to meet as many who can for coffee somewhere, or something, and set up ideas, plan, for next event. We can make it easy and meet in a restaurant, or do another park. If its at a park, it needs to be in Nampa at lions park, or in Meridian at the park right by the speedway.

kfrank

imported post

My first post. I was the newby that showed up in the park in Caldwell last weekend. I would like to start attending more and would be up for a meet at Fuddruckers or anywhere. Can I get on a mailing list as I don't frequent this sight often enough to keep up?

widescreen

imported post

widescreen wrote:
Fudruckers on Eagle sounds like a pretty central spot. I'd be game.
I've actually got a family gathering out in Star this night. Sorry, but I'm bailing in advance. I'll see what time it all ends so maybe I can still do this, but don't count me in for this night.

jdgypsy

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
imported post

Hey all, in Tx and hating it. Looking forward to getting back and attending another meet. I will be back in town the latest, Oct 6th. Been reading up on the recent events. Interesting to say the least. Saw new members and John, you should camp out at Walmart, lol. See you all soon.