• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michael Medved: Open Carry = "sick and irresponsible call for violence"

Bustelo5%

imported post

I must say thanks to smoking 357 that was great I needed a laugh as I am now officially un employed in Ohio. Mved is a douche im not a big fan he is just a raiod chacter the real dude at home prob isnt the same man at all.

Milbars

imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
I must say thanks to smoking 357 that was great I needed a laugh as I am now officially un employed in Ohio. Mved is a douche im not a big fan he is just a raiod chacter the real dude at home prob isnt the same man at all.
So does that mean you're moving to VA soon? ;)

Slayer of Paper

imported post

So, it's wrong to quote the founding fathers now?

You know, there's a document carefully preserved in the nation's capital that spells out how it is the right of the people to overthrow a government that they feel isn't protecting their rights. Maybe we should burn that document as being seditious.

Bustelo5%

imported post

Will anyone hire me? ill move their tonight if someone can give me the money to fly or drive there and ill have work.
I lived in VA at ft belvoir for awile while my dad was stationed there.
Really anyone want to hire me I am a custo service dude w 14 years experience. Ohio sucks

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
Will anyone hire me? ill move their tonight if someone can give me the money to fly or drive there and ill have work.
Really anyone want to hire me I am a custo service dude w 14 years experience. Ohio sucks
You know, you might be onto something. I was reading in the paper just the other day, or maybe a blog, that the unemployment rate in the DC area is only 6% or something lower than the rest of country.

Maybe its worth calling a few employment agencies or temp agencies in this area.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Bustelo5% wrote:
You know, you might be onto something. I was reading in the paper just the other day, or maybe a blog, that the unemployment rate in the DC area is only 6% or something lower than the rest of country.

Maybe its worth calling a few employment agencies or temp agencies in this area.
All that government spending... The work and pay may be nice, but it's blood money.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Actually the economy here in the National Capital Region is largely driven not by "government spencding" but by firms who headquarter or have large branches here the better to kiss Uncle Sugar's red rosy kiester. This change started around 1980 and explains all the idiots we have here now. Honestly, there are days when I want to buy a bag of birdseed and start throwing it down in front of people....

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Actually the economy here in the National Capital Region is largely driven not by "government spencding" but by firms who headquarter or have large branches here the better to kiss Uncle Sugar's red rosy kiester.
And why, pray tell, would they be doing that, if not for the money?

suntzu

imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
ixtow wrote:
It's amazing how something that hasn't lead to any violence, has prevented violence of the other side, is somehow a call for violence.....

Exactly. UNION THUGS STARTED THE VIOLENCE, Gun owners STOPPED IT. Without firing a shot, drawing their weapons, being aggressive or even rude. If there is anything in the world worth killing a man over, it's your life and liberty. The law allows (in most states) to defend your life and liberty from aggression.

Is it time to "water the tree of liberty"? Uhhh.... no, that time came and went. We keep drawing lines in the sand, and backing up. Eventually we will hit a wall however. I don't know at what point we'll hit the wall, and as a family man all I can hope for is that the side opposing liberty will see the potential for armed resistance, and back off, so that we can retake lost ground. Judging by the reaction of those in power, and the absolute hysterical incontinence of the media, it's my oppinion that people OC'ing at these events were a positive step at both pushing back tyranny, preventing a real conflict, and showing everyone else we can OC, and nothing bad happens.
From the Declaration of Independence, with most relevant part in bold: Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

and that is exactly why lines keep being drawn into the sand and then this nation allows itself to be pushed back beyond the line by its government...because we are more accustomed to suffer wrongs as long as they are sufferable...As it was in the days of our founding fathers, so it is in our day...

Thundar

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
It is far past time for such a call. . . .

. . . for political violence?

What?:(

What do you call it when a man named mountain jack is arrested for perfectly legal behavior? They did not converse with him, they arrested him under threat of violence, took away his liberty and his property and put him on trial.

suntzu

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
NO, we can't have armed people at these events, that might deter Union thugs from roughing people up.
union thugs can only rough people up as long as they are willing to allow it...when the people have had enough and fight back--the thuggery will stop.

Deanimator

imported post

suntzu wrote:
NO, we can't have armed people at these events, that might deter Union thugs from roughing people up.
union thugs can only rough people up as long as they are willing to allow it...when the people have had enough and fight back--the thuggery will stop.
That's why "card check" isn't going to work out the way the SEIU types think, at least not in CCW states. The first time some beetlebrowed neanderthal follows somebody home and tries to jack him up because he didn't like the way he voted on a union matter and gets shot, the REAL value of CCW (and OC) will become apparent.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

suntzu wrote:
Just to be clear I was being sarcastic.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Along with "cap and tax" and Obamacare, this "card check" thing (what do they call it? the "Employee Free Choice Act"?) will either die a hideous death OR if passed, be used handily as a bludgeon in November of next year by the Republicans. It really irks me that they dared use such a deceptive title; any idiot can see that "free choice" is exactly what "card check" is designed to curb!! They have not ONLYoverreached but have fooled themselves into believing that the American people are that dumb. Stupid and sheepish, maybe. But not that stupid and sheepish.

About 9 years ago a bunch of drivers tried to organize a "strike", which I declined to participate in. I was told by two of the "leaders" that they "knew where I live". In response I opened my jacket and showed them my "welcoming committee".

They left me the hell alone.

suntzu

imported post

suntzu wrote:
I kind of had that feeling...BUT, the idea is still valid...for tyranny and oppression of any kind to be successful, the population must be willing to allow it to be so....

suntzu

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
suntzu wrote:
That's why "card check" isn't going to work out the way the SEIU types think, at least not in CCW states. The first time some beetlebrowed neanderthal follows somebody home and tries to jack him up because he didn't like the way he voted on a union matter and gets shot, the REAL value of CCW (and OC) will become apparent.
then the beetlebrowed neanderthals will learn to mind their own business in the CCW states....not that they should not know to mind their business anyway--but that is why they are neanderthals...

Alexcabbie

imported post

suntzu wrote:
suntzu wrote:
I kind of had that feeling...BUT, the idea is still valid...for tyranny and oppression of any kind to be successful, the population must be willing to allow it to be so....
Acouple of posts ago I referenced the same passage. "so lng as evils may be sufered........ but what the politicos gotta know is that these abuses are forming a pattern designed to reduce us "under absolute despotism". They push, and push, and push and don't realize that they are not gaining power but rather conducting Lamaze excersises. The child born at Concord Bridge may be about to gain a twin brother...............