• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

POLL: How Often Do You UOC?

How often do you UOC?

• Have not yet UOC'ed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UOC'ed only once

• UOC occasionally

• UOC frequently (ie every weekend)

• UOC at organized events only

• UOC most places

• UOC everywhere I go where its legal

• Total voters

coolusername2007

imported post

If you live in CA please take a moment to complete this poll. I am trying to get a handle on the UOC habits and activities of those who live in CA. Like all other polls, one cannot account for every possibility, so please just mark the one that's closest to what youare currently doing. This is not about what you intend to do in the future. I will post other polls to query that sort of data later. Thanks.

coolusername2007

imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
If my employer didn't have a gun ban on all of our campus' I would uoc everyday. In the 80s someone cut a guy off on the way here, the guy followed him then shot him when he got out of his car, they then banned guns on all campus', this protects us here because now if someone follows an employee to our campus to shoot him, they will first read the new hire packet, understand that guns aren't allowed here, and leave. Problem solved, no employees can be shot now. The only time I don't carry (other than at work) is while going to clubs on weekends, if I know I'll be in a school zone for most of my time out, or if my wife is moody and won't stop nagging until I agree not to carry.
LOL.:lol: Now that would have been a good option..."Everytime my wife will let me." I thought I was the only one with that issue.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Getyour votes in, the poll isn't all that reliable or useful until we have at least 50 responses.
Fifty? I think you may be overestimating our numbers a bit. I'd be surprised if we got more than thirty.

coolusername2007

imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
Getyour votes in, the poll isn't all that reliable or useful until we have at least 50 responses.
Fifty? I think you may be overestimating our numbers a bit. I'd be surprised if we got more than thirty.
I would have thought there are hundreds watching this thread. Anyone have any idea how manyOCDO members are in CA? I suspect we'll never know for sure.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Well, you can click on "California" in a person's profile and it'll give you all the members who have registered and updated their location. It lists 203 people, but on the first page of people I only can remember seeing four of them ever post. I'm sure we have lots of lurkers, but I imagine most of those people are curious about open carrying but don't do it themselves.

Hello lurkers!

coolusername2007

imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
Well, you can click on "California" in a person's profile and it'll give you all the members who have registered and updated their location. It lists 203 people, but on the first page of people I only can remember seeing four of them ever post. I'm sure we have lots of lurkers, but I imagine most of those people are curious about open carrying but don't do it themselves.

Hello lurkers!

Me too, Hi Lurkers! If you can't post at least try to vote once in awhile. Sheesh!

By my Jedi-Knight, mind-trick math I havecalculated approximately850-900 CA members. (I could tell you, but then...well you know). So getting 50 votes shouldn't be that difficult. Should we try Chuck's "Trigger the Vote" campaign?

ourmanthejoker

imported post

(Voted because I live in cal city, active duty military. Here during the week, home in vegas on the weekends)

I'm down to occasionally now. My main OC weapon was stolen :(
I now have to use the beretta, but i've no cali magazines for this one.

mjones

imported post

ourmanthejoker wrote:
(Voted because I live in cal city, active duty military. Here during the week, home in vegas on the weekends)

I'm down to occasionally now. My main OC weapon was stolen :(
I now have to use the beretta, but i've no cali magazines for this one.
What model Beretta, I might be able to lend you some...I mostly have Standard Caps for my 92 and 96, but I might have a couple factory 10 rounders for the 96.

ourmanthejoker

imported post

90-two 40 cal. I'll buy em eventually.
My problem is that I have the military style thigh rig for it too. It seems unnecessarily intimidating, but maybe that's just me. I'll have to go buy another shoulder rig or get something for a belt.

coolusername2007

imported post

For those who have not yet UOC'ed...I would be interested in knowing, in your own words, why?If you don't mind telling. I didn't think it madesense in doing another poll for seven responses.

I will not bash your reasoning, and I caution others to not bash either. I think its important to know why so we can address those issues from an educational perspective if its required.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
For those who have not yet UOC'ed...I would be interested in knowing, in your own words, why?If you don't mind telling. I didn't think it madesense in doing another poll for seven responses.

I will not bash your reasoning, and I caution others to not bash either. I think its important to know why so we can address those issues from an educational perspective if its required.
Mostly because I don't want to make a hypocrite out of myself. I believe the government needs to be sued for its repeated rights violations... every. single. time. They are at war with law-abiding citizens, especially gun owners, openly committing treason, perjury, obstruction of justice, contempt of court, aiding and abetting criminals by disarming their victims, with almost total immunity. We need to fight back with the legal equivalent of nuclear weapons against these accomplices to mass murder, and not just kneel down and take it, more often than not.

I do not have at least $1 million (let alone $1) to put our best legal minds on retainer for everything from defense against malicious/unconstitutional arrest and/or prosecution to §1983 actions, all the way up to SCOTUS. Those who do have that much saved are more likely to bribe their victim-disarming CLEOs to comply with the Constitution on an individual basis, rather than put it towards individual legal heroism. Path of least resistance. Part of me would rather put that $1 million towards a successful treason prosecution of joined victim disarmers. Make an example of a few, and let the rest flee for their lives from this country, lest they suffer capital punishment next.

coolusername2007

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:

Mostly because I don't want to make a hypocrite out of myself. I believe the government needs to be sued for its repeated rights violations... every. single. time. They are at war with law-abiding citizens, especially gun owners, openly committing treason, perjury, obstruction of justice, contempt of court, aiding and abetting criminals by disarming their victims, with almost total immunity. We need to fight back with the legal equivalent of nuclear weapons against these accomplices to mass murder, and not just kneel down and take it, more often than not.

I do not have at least $1 million (let alone $1) to put our best legal minds on retainer for everything from defense against malicious/unconstitutional arrest and/or prosecution to §1983 actions, all the way up to SCOTUS. Those who do have that much saved are more likely to bribe their victim-disarming CLEOs to comply with the Constitution on an individual basis, rather than put it towards individual legal heroism. Path of least resistance. Part of me would rather put that $1 million towards a successful treason prosecution of joined victim disarmers. Make an example of a few, and let the rest flee for their lives from this country, lest they suffer capital punishment next.

Thanks N6ATF. OK, so if I understand your message correctly for you its an issue of money for legal defense purposes if you were to need it. And because you don't have the money you don't want to make a hypocrite of yourself by not being able to sue shouldyour rights be violated. Do I have this correct?

ETA: removed extra word

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:

Thanks N6ATF. OK, so if I understand your message correctly for you its an issue of money for legal defense purposes if you were to need it. And because you don't have the money you don't want to make a hypocrite of yourself by not being able to sue shouldyour rights be violated. Do I have this correct?

ETA: removed extra word
Indeed, more a matter of 'when', than 'if'. And, sadly, that's exactly where the government wants us. They can raise taxes endlessly to cover the costs of their evil. We cannot raise at least $1 million for every single law-abiding gun owner in the U.S. to cover the costs of our good.