• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

bay area UOC meet and greet part 2

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I'll bring a roll of paper towels and a package of aluminum foil. I only bought one package of hot dog buns because it doesn't sound like people are cooking hot dogs, if that's not true I'll happily pick up another package or two. Just lemme know. Looks like the weather for Saturday should be great.

unobvs

imported post

I'm In! I should be able to stay into the early PM and will bring some sausage for the grill, and cold diet cokes.

Perhaps we can discuss the Calguns topic, applying for CCW in our respective counties, and the great decision fmo New Mexico that BigToe circulated earlier.

I have a little recent news regarding the first two subjects to report.

See you soon

unobvs

tall_tree

imported post

What items are still needed for a "go for launch". I am one of the "bring what's needed" people. ;)

Looking forward to a beautiful day. Weather is looking great for the weekend.

I'm curious as to how many folks will be doing sterile carry (no ID/ DL on them) as well as covered serial numbers on their firearms. Need to know if I need to track down some aluminum tape today. :p

Essex1984

imported post

I have to say I am little underwelmed by the low intrest in the event. If i remeber correctly there were 25ish+ people who had voiced intrest for the meet in Sac and only 12 or so showed up.

The park seemed very nice and equpied to handle a few groups of people, but it would seem that table space is at far more of a premium then a grill to cook on. I have a 4x6 table that will bring insted of my grill unless there is some one else with a table to bring speaks up.

Let me know, doing my part to make this a worth while event. Cant wait to shake some hands and meet some new people.

bigtoe416

imported post

I'll be sterile carrying. I've always sterile carried so far. I lack a table and a grill, so I'm afraid I'm useless in that department.

bad_ace

imported post

Bummer. Well now we'll have fresh things to talk about :) hope you bring the audio to the picnic.

FYI. Sterile Carry and I'll not be covering my serial number.

unobvs

imported post

Do we have any experience with how LE reacts tothe sterile carry of an unloadedweapon that does not appear in the database?

bigtoe416

imported post

Just as a heads up to everybody, I believe this park has its own parking lot, but you can only park there during the day (when we'll be there).

If you want, you can park in the adjacent residential neighborhoods and walk to the park to avoid a re-creation of what happened to dirty koala. There aren't any restrictions to parking on the street in the neighborhood, so even if cops hang around until the sun goes down you can too and not have to worry about them being able to ID you when you go to move your car.

brad9point0

imported post

shit, i almost forgot about tomorrow morning! lol so any idea what else is needed? I can grab it on the way in the morning =) see yall there!

boichoi

imported post

The wife just got done with a cake and macaroni salad. I will also bring some ice and soft drinks and whatever else I can remember, cups, plates etc.