• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

bay area UOC meet and greet part 2

brad9point0

imported post

I shall be there! 2 of us! most likely only myself UOC'ing. I can bring what ever is needed =)

coolusername2007

imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
date, time, location set!

Sat. Sept. 12 10:30am Gill Memorial Park, Milpitas, CA.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=gill+park+milpitas&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&cid=0,0,4415507343694003184&ei=tB-XSqPvApDgtgPAtunGDA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1

YOU WILL BE IN A SCHOOL ZONE WHILE DRIVING TO THIS EVENT! YOUR WEAPON AND AMMO SHOULD BE STORED IN A LOCKED CONTAINER AND/OR SECURE TRUNK (i.e. not an open hatch back or SUV)

I bolded the part above, thisgot my attention. This isn't true, unless I'm missing something. 626.9 says

(2) When the firearm is an unloaded pistol, revolver, or other
firearm capable of being concealed on the person and is in a locked
container or within the locked trunk of a motor vehicle.

So you don't have to own a 'car' with a trunk. And if you do own a 'car' you don't have to have the case locked. The code specifically states 'or', not 'and'.

Essex1984

imported post

Great to have another event in the area, I have been quiet on the forums but I should be 2 of us in attendance. Last time up in Sac was a blast.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I'll be there by myself, I'll bring a package of tofu hot dogs/sausages, a chair for myself, ketchup, a bag of hot dog buns, and some mustard and onions.

coolusername2007

imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
i think i just got mind freaked. if your gun is not in a locked container, its probably being open carried or concealed carried. your trunk it self counts as a locked container, howeverif you have a hatch back or suv with an uncased gun in the "trunk" that you or someone in the cabin of the car could reach back and grab, i dont think thats a locked container.

so, while approaching this event most routes go through a school zone. no matter your mode of transportation, your gun and ammo should be in a locked container wihle in a school zone, a trunk, a locked bag, a locked box, a gun safe... but if your mode of transportation is a hatch back or suv type vehicle that has a rear cargo area that can beeasily reached from the cabin (i.e. reach over the back seat) your rear cargo area does not count as a locked container.

Correct. The common misconception is that you have to have your guns locked up in the trunk (even double locked - that is locked in the trunk, in a locked case). Not so. You simply need them locked up, it doesn't matter where they are. I drive a truck. I keep my pistol locked in its case right next to me on the passenger's seat. If you have a car you can still do the same as me. At least according to the PC, I don't know if there is any case law on this that would impact this PC's meaning.

bad_ace

imported post

I'll be their if my travel plans stay the same.

1. Dirtykoala - chicken, paper and plastic ware, cups, 4 chairs.
2. brad9point0 - I can bring what ever is needed
3. Essex1984 - bringing a quest
4. bigtoe416 - package of tofu hot dogs/sausages, a chair for myself, ketchup, a bag of hot dog buns, and some mustard and onions.
5. bad_ace - Dr.Peppers! And I'll be bringing a guest.

Essex1984

imported post

Well this just seems like it needs the bump and I will toss my grill into the fray, its not a true portable, but its small enough that i can hump it into the back of my truck for the drive down assuming the little charcoal grills at the park wont cut it.

Hate to go to a BBQ with out any burgers and dogs. oh and ya im still bringing a guest. :D

Odd question but seeing as how much the news jumped all over the OC'ing of a long arm, whats the general opinion on this around the Nor Cal area. Seems a bit more attention grabing then a side arm.

Essex1984

imported post

Oh I agree 100%, I am not willing to risk that either. My XCR will remain a range gun for the time being. Itwas more a curious question then any intent. I will have my Sig 226 on my hip at the meet.

Hoping to get a few more interested party's to turn out for the meet. Its a bit of a drive (2 hours for me), but if we don't show some support, let alone get people educated then we are doing far more damage then any that would be caused by exercising our last rights in this great state.

unobvs

imported post

Ladies and Gents:

Subject to being preempted by family responsibilities, I expect to be able to attend.

If present, I will be able to bring a few packages of wild boar sausage for the grill, and a case of diet Coke to reduce thirst.

I look forward to seeing you all there for a historic day. (I deem it historic because we are doingour small part to re-establish a culture of freedom and self-sufficiency on September 12).

tall_tree

imported post

Howdy all,

Can we get an evite or some other mechanism going so we know exactly how many yes/no/maybes/guests we have? I am trying to figure out how much consumable mass quantities to bring. ;-)

Looking forward to next weekend!

bigtoe416

imported post

Looks like we have 9 definites and like 3 maybes. This is my breakdown, copy and paste and update if you make changes.

1. Dirtykoala (a "few" maybes) - chicken, paper and plastic ware, cups, 4 chairs.
2. brad9point0 +1 - I can bring what ever is needed
3. Essex1984 +1
4. bigtoe416 - package of tofu hot dogs/sausages, a chair for myself, ketchup, a bag of hot dog buns, and some mustard and onions.
5. bad_ace +1 (most likely will attend) - Dr.Peppers!
6. unobvs (maybe)
7. tall_tree

boichoi

imported post

Hey guys I'm in, just got back from the track. I'll bring some finger food and munchies. Not sure who wants to come from our club but 2-3 have expressed an interest.