Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry Educational Pamphlet

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

NEW EDUCATIONAL PAMPHLET:

Open Carry has taken root in California, to be sure. This relatively young movement has garnered a lot of attention lately with newspaper articles, interviews, and OC events happening all over the place. In my own quest to educate and prepare myself to OC, I’ve readsome really good pamphlets, legal opinions, training memos, and tons of commentary on the public forums. As I became more comfortable with my own knowledge level and the idea of “strapping on” and walking amongst the sheeple, I quickly realized a chink in the movement’s armor, which is educational information. Not the kind of educational information to open carry legally, but the kind of educational information that could be given to the layperson who knows virtually nothing about 2A and may not fully understand where we are coming from and may even be intimidated by the whole idea guns out in public.

So I set out to create a brochure to meet the goals of educating, inspiring, motivating and persuading the commoners on the purpose and cause of the Open Carry movement, at least from my perspective. Considering the obvious that many more people than not, aren’t working to get CCW, don’t have the current desire to carry at all, and don’t even realize that carrying is legal in any form, I wanted a create a brochure that painted a picture of who we are and where we came from as a Nation, to the reality of where we’re at today and what can be done about it. A very special thank you to Oleg Volk whose RKBA artwork is second to none!

Either download the brochure from the link below, or visit http://www.opencarryradio.com and download it from there. When printing, set double sided printing, and be sure to set scaling to none. Enjoy!

ETA: Two additional versions of this pamphlet are now available in the messages below. There is now a CA Dual version (color and b&w), and there is a National Dual version (color and b&w). Scroll down to find the new versions.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

Looks real nice. Gives one a lot to ponder.
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bad_ace's Avatar

Post imported post

+1 Kinko's here I come!

Post imported post

Great Job! Kudos!

G

Post imported post

Thanks for the props. I am open to commentary and/or suggestions for improvements, so feel free to give me your thoughts.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
    NEW EDUCATIONAL PAMPHLET:

Open Carry has taken root in California, to be sure. This relatively young movement has garnered a lot of attention lately with newspaper articles, interviews, and OC events happening all over the place. In my own quest to educate and prepare myself to OC, I’ve readsome really good pamphlets, legal opinions, training memos, and tons of commentary on the public forums. As I became more comfortable with my own knowledge level and the idea of “strapping on” and walking amongst the sheeple, I quickly realized a chink in the movement’s armor, which is educational information. Not the kind of educational information to open carry legally, but the kind of educational information that could be given to the layperson who knows virtually nothing about 2A and may not fully understand where we are coming from and may even be intimidated by the whole idea guns out in public.

So I set out to create a brochure to meet the goals of educating, inspiring, motivating and persuading the commoners on the purpose and cause of the Open Carry movement, at least from my perspective. Considering the obvious that many more people than not, aren’t working to get CCW, don’t have the current desire to carry at all, and don’t even realize that carrying is legal in any form, I wanted a create a brochure that painted a picture of who we are and where we came from as a Nation, to the reality of where we’re at today and what can be done about it. A very special thank you to Oleg Volk whose RKBA artwork is second to none!

Either download the brochure from the link below, or visit http://www.opencarryradio.com and download it from there. When printing, set double sided printing, and be sure to set scaling to none. Enjoy!
    Can I get the source file(s)? I'd like to make a few minor changes to make it not CA specific.

Post imported post

rpyne wrote:
    Can I get the source file(s)? I'd like to make a few minor changes to make it not CA specific.
    PM sent.

Post imported post

I've been asked for a couple of different versions of this document so my next posts will include the variationsthat were requested.

In this message is the CA Dual version,meaning it has both the color and black and white versions (no content changes). Download the 4 page fileandprint the 2 pages thatyou want.

Post imported post

This message has the state neutral or National Dual version. It is a 4 page file with both color and B&W versions, just print the 2 pages you want. The content is slightly different from the CA version, basically CA references have been removed. When printing be sure to select double sided and set page scaling to none.

Post imported post

Nice, includes alot of thing we could incorporate into ours.

Here

Could you send me a Word File on this to do some tweeks on our Wisconsin Pamphlet?

Post imported post

Woodchuck wrote:
    Nice, includes alot of thing we could incorporate into ours.

Here

Could you send me a Word File on this to do some tweeks on our Wisconsin Pamphlet?
    Sorry, my brochure was not created inWord.I read the WI pamphlet, which is verygood.The approach is different, similar to our already existing CA brochures whichfocus on the laws. That approach is very helpful for those showing an interest in OC'ing. My brochure's approach is different, it focuses on the common layperson who doesn't have an interestin OC'ing, but are interested in the why's, as well as possibly calming someone down who may be intimidated.Irecommend using both brochures as companions to each other, that's what I'm doing in CA. If would like to modify specifically for WI send me a PM.

Post imported post

Just a comment, not a criticism. A lot of times I get asked "Is that legal?" - meaning is it legal for me to be walking around with a gun on my hip.

I have found it easier to have a brochure/card with legal citations that I can give to someone so they can go look up the law themself without having to do a lot of searching for the relevant statute(s). Quotations about rights are good for general conversation, but are not so good at explaining why I'm not breaking the law.

Of course, here in Virginia it can be difficult to get some folks to understand that OC is legal because there is no law against it. Here we can do "it" unless there is a law saying we cannot. Even those laws saying we cannot often carve out exemptions - such as the law against concealed carry unless you have a permit.

Having said that, I'm going to consider printing off your brochure and adding it to my arsenal of information.

Thanks for putting it together and offering it to us.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    I have found it easier to have a brochure/card with legal citations that I can give to someone so they can go look up the law themself without having to do a lot of searching for the relevant statute(s). Quotations about rights are good for general conversation, but are not so good at explaining why I'm not breaking the law.
    I appreciate your comments. Here in CA we already have a really good legal citations brochure (the 'how's'). So I thought I would create a complimentary piece that focuses on the 'why's'.I thought it important to be able to articulate why one would choose to OC, especially here in CA, other than because "it's legal". One of the objectives with my piece was to promote the patrioticcomponent whilereducing the threat component. Out here in CA there's a lot of FUD. When I go out I will be carrying both brochures.

For all those who use my 'marketing' brochure, it would be valuable to get feedback from the 'audience' so if when handing it out if peoplecomment on it, please forward those comments to me. Thanks.

Post imported post

Gotcha! Was not aware of the CA situation, being as I sit here in the city with the largest collection of 2nd place trophies. (Damyankee in Dixie's first capitol)

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

Darned doubletap!

----Allahpundit

Post imported post

As someone new to OC, thanks for providing a great resource! This is excellent for us new folks to learn, and very helpful to have handy when the questions arise. Thanks for sharing.

Post imported post

Regular_Joe wrote:
    As someone new to OC, thanks for providing a great resource! This is excellent for us new folks to learn, and very helpful to have handy when the questions arise. Thanks for sharing.
    You're welcome! Glad you like it and hope it helps you when talking with the sheeple. Carry On!

Post imported post

doin' the bump

Post imported post

loved it, gonna change it so i can use it locally here in Idaho. assuming you dont mind?

Post imported post

John Wolver wrote:
    loved it, gonna change it so i can use it locally here in Idaho. assuming you dont mind?
    I don't mind at all.I will be happy toassist withany changes you like and re-post and Idaho version. This way the best possible print quality is maintained.

Post imported post

sir i would be grateful.

Post imported post

very smart looking brochure!

Post imported post

John Wolver wrote:
    sir i would be grateful.
    send me a pm with your requested changes and I will incorporate them into your very own Idaho version.

Post imported post

cato wrote:
    very smart looking brochure!
    Thank you. Now if we can just get it into the hands of the common folk I suspect we could begin to make a difference.

Post imported post

bump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast