• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ammunition Accountability Act

0V3RC10CK3D

Wheelgunner

imported post

This looks like a one shot (pun intended) deal. They had a bunch of pencil necks file in multiple states at the same time hoping for win and blew it.

Obama will fund this when he is ready.

Richard6218

imported post

California has a bill in their legislature that's worse than that --- it would require fingerprinting of anyone buying ammo, and handgun ammo sales would be limited to 50 rounds/transaction. All sales would have to be face-to-face, i.e. no more internet sales. And --- here's the crown jewel: no sales or transfers of ammo except by licensed dealers. That means no personal transactions, even as gifts and even between IMMEDIATE family members!! The bill has been pretty well stalled and its passage even in CA is in doubt. But just the fact that it was introduced is scary enough. I'm glad we are here in WA.

cynicist

imported post

More cases of a crackpot lawmakers testing the wind and failing miserable. Something to keep an eye on, but nothing to be worried about.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Yeah, bills from 2007 are something to worry about alright... This stuff is deader than Ted "I always cared for those who can't swim" Kennedy.

Richard6218

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
california tries it every year
It's like most liberal agendas: they keep coming back year after year until they get their way. Just as an example, "Health care reform" has been around for over 40 years -- actually more like 70, going back to FDR. They never give up. That's why all these issues are a continuing battle, including 2A.

SANDRAT

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Yeah, bills from 2007 are something to worry about alright... This stuff is deader than Ted "I always cared for those who can't swim" Kennedy.

California AB962 was introduced February 26, 2009. Read it yourself:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/asm/ab_0951-1000/ab_962_bill_20090226_introduced.html
I feel sorry for the good guys in CA and a few states back east,someone needs to convince their legislator that it costs more to enforce than it brings in.If they can do this in CA,they can do it to us.