• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kent Ohio University

Bustelo5%

imported post

Today I really felt the constraints on my freedom as I was taking my friend back to her dorm.For the first time in Kent I was actually on campus and I could not belive that I couldnt carry. How is a part of the city 5min less dangerous than campus. I feel bad for every student who cannot take part in the freedom of their college.
How dare a college especially Kent State Ohio where the national guard open fired in innocent civilians not allow their students to take part in the freedom to stand up in arms against their own national guard for the saftey of every student and faculty.
With a college saying they are place of higher learning how can they not look back and see what happend on those hills and realize there needs to be change.

N00blet45

imported post

Perhaps the "higher" learning is about using drugs instead of learning more.

They can't let the students be armed. Can you imagine if the National Guard actually had people shooting back at them? They might actually be held accountable for their actions with their lives.

JSK333

imported post

OC is legal on all college campus grounds, but they can ask you to leave if it's private property.

OC would not be allowed inside the buildings of government-run colleges/universities.

Bustelo5%

imported post

Im just a super confuesed of how Kent State Uni has the awedasity to forbid their students from carrying or even having in their possesions in dorms their own personal gun.
Yeah this hippie school is straight high it just makes me super angry that when I had to take my friend to her dorm I wasent able to carry im not a big dude and three Afflicion tshirt wearing drunk bro's against me disaster.

zack991

imported post

Makes you wounder how many innocent people need to die before people wake the hell up. Now in another post i said what I do if I have to go on a campus, and that I do not support any campus that does not allow me to protect my life. I rather be judge by 12 then carried by 6.

djhawes

imported post

JSK333 wrote:
OC is legal on all college campus grounds, but they can ask you to leave if it's private property.

OC would not be allowed inside the buildings of government-run colleges/universities.
OC on government-run colleges (property and buildings) is lawful in Oregon. However, if you are a student, they can impede your accademic progress. Check out the story of Jeff Maxwell at Western Oregon University 2008-2009