Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Idontownone revealed as a fraud.

Post imported post

_____Original Message_____
    Date: 2009-08-27 21:21:04
    Subject: Re:

Well, thank you for the offer. I do happen to knowseveral responsible gun owners.

Please don't tell anyone on the forum but I am researching for my Master’s thesis in Behavioral Scienceon the pro-gun movement. That is why I picked this forum and have been sort of aggressive about things to hopefully capture people’s true feelings about various aspects. I am receiving much more than I would have expected. But the critical part was to get comments which were beyond the usual rhetoric. The usual rhetoric is available everywhere on the web. I wanted something with some teethfor my thesis to be well-received.

I have hundreds of pages of partial research and final content but the area which was lacking was on the topic of weapons in open carry states. My advisor suggested I do more research on this since the Obama rally where we all know what transpired.

Sorry if I was an irritant.

Peace.

Post imported post

Master's thesis. Right.

Post imported post

LOL! In other words, I'm working on becoming an over-educated, ignorantdouche bag.

Banned

Post imported post

How is he a fraud because he's looking to get to know pro-gun people for a master's thesis?

Here's an idea, find out what his thesis is and maybe try to present this community in the best light possible. Or everyone can just keep acting like idiots, as they are now, and this community can continue to be the laughing stock of the rest of the country.

Post imported post

His advisor should have mentioned that he is likely to receive a response indicative of others reactions to the presentation of his position. He insulted and argued, and received similar in return. He is far from receiving information relevant to any type of data on any movement.

He got reactions from those who would provide similar reactions no matter what topic is presented as he presented. He did not get a "feel" for the OC movement as he desired. He got a "feel" for a vocal subset of this web forum.

If this is his "research" tactic, he may not get far in his thesis. Now if he were to honestly attend OC barbeques, purchase a firearm, learn the statutes, and carry, he might get somewhere. Or, he could become the dreaded HankT "gwag."
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    How is he a fraud because he's looking to get to know pro-gun people for a master's thesis?

Here's an idea, find out what his thesis is and maybe try to present this community in the best light possible. Or everyone can just keep acting like idiots, as they are now, and this community can continue to be the laughing stock of the rest of the country.
    See my post above. You seem to have jumped to a false conclusion based upon a departure from critical thinking.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Banned

Post imported post

wrightme wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:

See my post above. You seem to have jumped to a false conclusion based upon a departure from critical thinking.

As always, you're wrong. He got exactly what he wanted: to see that the pro-gun community is a bunch of ignorant, rhetoric spewing dumbasses that are incapable of intelligent discussion.

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:

Like I was saying, you're naive. There is no master's thesis. He isn't here to "get to know pro-gun people". He found our site, joined, and immediately began attacking us. He's just another boogereating DU troll.

Post imported post

As always, you're wrong. He got exactly what he wanted: to see that the pro-gun community is a bunch of ignorant, rhetoric spewing dumbasses that are incapable of intelligent discussion.
    He got what he gave, and it's what he wanted. He never indicated any interest in intelligent discussion. He wanted to rile us up and toss insults back and forth. His mind was made up about us long before he got here.

Once you've spent a few years in the adult world you'll learn.

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    How is he a fraud because he's looking to get a rise out of pro-gun people for a master's thesis?

Here's an idea, he could explain his thesisand maybe try to present himself as a serious researcher who wants to reach a genuine understanding by asking and answering questions in a civil manner. Orhe can just keep acting like anidiot, as he has to this point, and this community can continue tolaugh him and those like him to scorn asthey expose themselves for what they really are.
    I told you on our first encounter that I wouldn't bother responding to you anymorebut I'll have to make an exception. Fixed it for you.

Post imported post

Hef wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:

Like I was saying, you're naive. There is no master's thesis. He isn't here to "get to know pro-gun people". He found our site, joined, and immediately began attacking us. He's just another boogereating DU troll.
    Hmm, why is AWD defending Idontownone so much????

Coud be that:

AWDStylez = Idontownone

Just look at the style of writing from these two. I think you might come to the same conclusion.

Banned

Post imported post

Hef wrote:
    He got what he gave, and it's what he wanted. He never indicated any interest in intelligent discussion. He wanted to rile us up and toss insults back and forth. His mind was made up about us long before he got here.

No, actually I'm just well versed in the receiving end of the stupidity and rhetoric on this forum. He DID start with intelligent discussion. No human on earth could maintain composure in the face of what many of the morons on this forum spew. The thread degraded over time because he is ONE PERSON facing an ARMY of idiots and only a half-handful of intelligent dissenters. He made the mistake of trying to address EVERYONE rather than ignoring the morons, and THAT is how the thread degraded.

Banned

Post imported post

JT wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    How is he a fraud because he's looking to get a rise out of pro-gun people for a master's thesis?

Here's an idea, he could explain his thesisand maybe try to present himself as a serious researcher who wants to reach a genuine understanding by asking and answering questions in a civil manner. Orhe can just keep acting like anidiot, as he has to this point, and this community can continue tolaugh him and those like him to scorn asthey expose themselves for what they really are.
    I told you on our first encounter that I wouldn't bother responding to you anymorebut I'll have to make an exception. Fixed it for you.
    The only problem with that "fix" is that the joke is all on you... actually, and unfortunately, it's on "us" because being a gun owner I get tied in with all the idiots.

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    The only problem with that "fix" is that the joke is all on you... actually, and unfortunately, it's on "us" because being a gun owner I get tied in with all the idiots.
    No AWDstylez. You have tied yourself to this forum. No one has tied you into anything. Your own behavior has marked you for what you are. I would enjoy a serious, civilconversation with you but that isn't why you are here.

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    wrightme wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:

Fail.

He is a fraud because of the reasons that I stated and you ignored. He claims to be researching the pro-carry movement. If he desired that, he went about his "research" in a way that does not capture the desired data.

He may have, as you contend, got "exactly what he wanted;" but, he did not get "what he claims to have desired."

Banned

Post imported post

JT wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    No AWDstylez. You have tied yourself to this forum.

I said nothing about this form. The people of this forum reflect on ALL gun owners. As a gun owner, I am associated with the types of people that this forum is mainly comprised of. I have no choice in that matter. It is as it is in their minds.

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    Hef wrote:

No, actually I'm just well versed in the receiving end of the stupidity and rhetoric on this forum. He DID start with intelligent discussion. No human on earth could maintain composure in the face of what many of the morons on this forum spew. The thread degraded over time because he is ONE PERSON facing an ARMY of idiots and only a half-handful of intelligent dissenters. He made the mistake of trying to address EVERYONE rather than ignoring the morons, and THAT is how the thread degraded.
    No, he appears to have pretended to start an intelligent discussion. That is what you prefer to believe.

The thread degraded over time because he freely insulted others, and misrepresented facts and statements. A subset of OCDO forum users responded in kind. Others attempted to provide intelligent discussion, and he patently refused to engage in such; kind of like you.......

Banned

Post imported post

wrightme wrote:
    Fail.

He is a fraud because of the reasons that I stated and you ignored. He claims to be researching the pro-carry movement. If he desired that, he went about his "research" in a way that does not capture the desired data.

He may have, as you contend, got "exactly what he wanted;" but, he did not get "what he claims to have desired."

GTFO you whiny little bitch. As usual, you're drawing conclusions based on your own ASSumptions.

Come to think of it, and speaking of fraud... have you EVER posted anything gun related? You are THE biggest troll on this site.

Banned

Post imported post

wrightme wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    Hef wrote:

No, he appears to have pretended to start an intelligent discussion. That is what you prefer to believe.

And that is what you prefer to believe.

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    wrightme wrote:
    Fail.
    GTFO you whiny little bitch. As usual, you're drawing conclusions based on your own ASSumptions.

Come to think of it, and speaking of fraud... have you EVER posted anything gun related? You are THE biggest troll on this site.
    Many times. It isn't difficult to find such.

Note that there is no 'whine' in my posts, but simple, clear statements. But, thank you for once again presenting yourself in confirmation of my opinion of you. You are supporting my PoV nicely.

Banned

Post imported post

wrightme wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    wrightme wrote:
    Fail.

Note that there is no 'whine' in my posts, but simple, clear statements.

You're a legend in your own mind.

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    wrightme wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    Hef wrote:

No, that is not correct. You missed. again.

I based my statement upon his OP in that thread. I based it upon how he swiftly began responding like you after your entry in the thread. You set the tone which you now decry.

A post by kbcraig on KBCraig wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    KBCraig wrote:
    I appreciate the open-minded tone with which you entered this discussion, but it soon became clear that you really weren't here to listen to answers.

Maybe it's because he got exactly what he said he didn't want: statistically improbably stories about people being heros with guns and the typical pro-gun rhetoric of "you just don't get it" and "you must like being a victim." I think he was looking for something a little deeper than that.
    No, maybe it's because, as he ended his OP, before anyone had a chance to respond, that "I don't care what anyone says..."

He simply didn't seek honest and open discussion.
    By his own statement,he didn't seek honestand open discussion. The statement "I don't care what anyone says" indicates that his mind was already made up. That is not a part of "honest and open discussion."

Post imported post

</double-tap>

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    wrightme wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    wrightme wrote:
    Fail.

Note that there is no 'whine' in my posts, but simple, clear statements.
    You're a legend in your own mind.
    Far from it. But since that is my self-assessment, you are quite free to have your own deluded view of me through the monitor screen.

Banned

Post imported post

wrightme wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    wrightme wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    Hef wrote:

No, that is not correct. You missed. again.

I based my statement upon his OP in that thread. I based it upon how he swiftly began responding like you after your entry in the thread. You set the tone which you now decry.

A post by kbcraig on KBCraig wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    KBCraig wrote:
    I appreciate the open-minded tone with which you entered this discussion, but it soon became clear that you really weren't here to listen to answers.

Maybe it's because he got exactly what he said he didn't want: statistically improbably stories about people being heros with guns and the typical pro-gun rhetoric of "you just don't get it" and "you must like being a victim." I think he was looking for something a little deeper than that.
    No, maybe it's because, as he ended his OP, before anyone had a chance to respond, that "I don't care what anyone says..."

He simply didn't seek honest and open discussion.
    By his own statement,he didn't seek honestand open discussion. The statement "I don't care what anyone says" indicates that his mind was already made up. That is not a part of "honest and open discussion."

You're a legend in your own mind. Nothing more. You try much, much too hard.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast