• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idontownone revealed as a fraud.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

wrightme wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
wrightme wrote:
Fail.
He is a fraud because of the reasons that I stated and you ignored. He claims to be researching the pro-carry movement. If he desired that, he went about his "research" in a way that does not capture the desired data.
He may have, as you contend, got "exactly what he wanted;" but, he did not get "what he claims to have desired."

GTFO you whiny little bitch. As usual, you're drawing conclusions based on your own ASSumptions.

Come to think of it, and speaking of fraud... have you EVER posted anything gun related? You are THE biggest troll on this site.

Many times. It isn't difficult to find such.

Note that there is no 'whine' in my posts, but simple, clear statements.

You're a legend in your own mind.

wrightme

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
wrightme wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Hef wrote:
As always, you're wrong. He got exactly what he wanted: to see that the pro-gun community is a bunch of ignorant, rhetoric spewing dumbasses that are incapable of intelligent discussion.
He got what he gave, and it's what he wanted. He never indicated any interest in intelligent discussion. He wanted to rile us up and toss insults back and forth. His mind was made up about us long before he got here.

Once you've spent a few years in the adult world you'll learn.
No, actually I'm just well versed in the receiving end of the stupidity and rhetoric on this forum. He DID start with intelligent discussion. No human on earth could maintain composure in the face of what many of the morons on this forum spew. The thread degraded over time because he is ONE PERSON facing an ARMY of idiots and only a half-handful of intelligent dissenters. He made the mistake of trying to address EVERYONE rather than ignoring the morons, and THAT is how the thread degraded.
No, he appears to have pretended to start an intelligent discussion. That is what you prefer to believe.
And that is what you prefer to believe.
No, that is not correct. You missed. again.

I based my statement upon his OP in that thread. I based it upon how he swiftly began responding like you after your entry in the thread. You set the tone which you now decry.

A post by kbcraig on KBCraig wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
KBCraig wrote:
I appreciate the open-minded tone with which you entered this discussion, but it soon became clear that you really weren't here to listen to answers.

Maybe it's because he got exactly what he said he didn't want: statistically improbably stories about people being heros with guns and the typical pro-gun rhetoric of "you just don't get it" and "you must like being a victim." I think he was looking for something a little deeper than that.

No, maybe it's because, as he ended his OP, before anyone had a chance to respond, that "I don't care what anyone says..."

He simply didn't seek honest and open discussion.

By his own statement,he didn't seek honestand open discussion. The statement "I don't care what anyone says" indicates that his mind was already made up. That is not a part of "honest and open discussion."

wrightme

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
wrightme wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
wrightme wrote:
Fail.
He is a fraud because of the reasons that I stated and you ignored. He claims to be researching the pro-carry movement. If he desired that, he went about his "research" in a way that does not capture the desired data.
He may have, as you contend, got "exactly what he wanted;" but, he did not get "what he claims to have desired."
GTFO you whiny little bitch. As usual, you're drawing conclusions based on your own ASSumptions.
Come to think of it, and speaking of fraud... have you EVER posted anything gun related? You are THE biggest troll on this site.
Many times. It isn't difficult to find such.

Note that there is no 'whine' in my posts, but simple, clear statements.
You're a legend in your own mind.
Far from it. But since that is my self-assessment, you are quite free to have your own deluded view of me through the monitor screen.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

wrightme wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
wrightme wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Hef wrote:
As always, you're wrong. He got exactly what he wanted: to see that the pro-gun community is a bunch of ignorant, rhetoric spewing dumbasses that are incapable of intelligent discussion.
He got what he gave, and it's what he wanted. He never indicated any interest in intelligent discussion. He wanted to rile us up and toss insults back and forth. His mind was made up about us long before he got here.

No, actually I'm just well versed in the receiving end of the stupidity and rhetoric on this forum. He DID start with intelligent discussion. No human on earth could maintain composure in the face of what many of the morons on this forum spew. The thread degraded over time because he is ONE PERSON facing an ARMY of idiots and only a half-handful of intelligent dissenters. He made the mistake of trying to address EVERYONE rather than ignoring the morons, and THAT is how the thread degraded.
No, he appears to have pretended to start an intelligent discussion. That is what you prefer to believe.

I based my statement upon his OP in that thread. I based it upon how he swiftly began responding like you after your entry in the thread. You set the tone which you now decry.

AWDstylez wrote:
KBCraig wrote:
I appreciate the open-minded tone with which you entered this discussion, but it soon became clear that you really weren't here to listen to answers.

Maybe it's because he got exactly what he said he didn't want: statistically improbably stories about people being heros with guns and the typical pro-gun rhetoric of "you just don't get it" and "you must like being a victim." I think he was looking for something a little deeper than that.

No, maybe it's because, as he ended his OP, before anyone had a chance to respond, that "I don't care what anyone says..."

By his own statement,he didn't seek honestand open discussion. The statement "I don't care what anyone says" indicates that his mind was already made up. That is not a part of "honest and open discussion."

You're a legend in your own mind. Nothing more. You try much, much too hard.

wrightme

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
wrightme wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
wrightme wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Hef wrote:

AWDstylez wrote:
KBCraig wrote:

You're a legend in your own mind. Nothing more. You try much, much too hard.
LOL, really? :lol: That is good to know that my effort presents as such. Because this is actually almost effortless. :p Maybe you are doing it wrong? :?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

ScottyT wrote:
If he really is doing research, he is a terrible researcher...

He could be doing one-on-oneinterviews via PM. Just pick a few key-informants...or use the popcorn selection approach...

In addition to the qualitative research participant-observer approach......mixed-methods...triangulation....quite standard, actually....

39.gif

Kenosis

imported post

I hate to interrupt this splendidly meaningless argument here, but I'm still wondering why you are here, AWDstylez. I see that you have accumulated over 2684 posts, and I have been following you somewhat closely to see the kind of posts you make; it seems that a large number are more of the same of this nonsense - you being in a verbal confrontation with another member of the forum upon who's right and who's a "dumbass".

I find it hard to take someone seriously when they continually degrade others with sub-par vocabulary and high school-esque techniques.

And before you say what I can only assume you will say to me, since it's what you said to me last time, I understand that I am a "noob" poster, but therein lies the difference between you and myself - I am here to be educated and hopefully educate others. I am educated continually by practicing a fantastic lesson - shut up and listen. I only chime in when I feel I have something valid to say, which is something you would do well to take note of.

Anyways, I hope that you either finally get fed up of being an "outcast" and leave or just start acting like and adult and stop hijacking threads to serve your own ego. Best regards.

ScottyT

imported post

Kenosis, until we get an actual ignore function for the forum, just ignore him! All his inane little one-liners are based on people responding to him.

After making the decision to ignore him, I find myself skipping over his posts all together, which makes for a much more pleasant reading experience.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Kenosis wrote:
I hate to interrupt this splendidly meaningless argument here, but I'm still wondering why you are here, AWDstylez. I see that you have accumulated over 2684 posts, and I have been following you somewhat closely to see the kind of posts you make; it seems that a large number are more of the same of this nonsense - you being in a verbal confrontation with another member of the forum upon who's right and who's a "dumbass".

I find it hard to take someone seriously when they continually degrade others with sub-par vocabulary and high school-esque techniques.

And before you say what I can only assume you will say to me, since it's what you said to me last time, I understand that I am a "noob" poster, but therein lies the difference between you and myself - I am here to be educated and hopefully educate others. I am educated continually by practicing a fantastic lesson - shut up and listen. I only chime in when I feel I have something valid to say, which is something you would do well to take note of.

Anyways, I hope that you either finally get fed up of being an "outcast" and leave or just start acting like and adult and stop hijacking threads to serve your own ego. Best regards.

Congrats, that is, in fact, exactly what I was (still am) going to say to you.

You've either:

A: Not been here long enough to read my posts pre everyones'Obamastupidity getting rolling.

B: Are doing what most others do and intentionally overlooking my intelligent posts and focusing only on when EVERYONE (because it's not just me) gets stupid.

Treat me with respect and I'll do the same for you. Don't make retarded, moonbat "arguments" and I won't call you a retarded moonbat. It really is that simple. I'm just calling it like it is.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Our private correspondence started with me sending a PM inviting him to come hang out in Boise sometime to see responsible gun carry. He responded with that email. Instead of outing him, I STILL tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. I replied replied that I that I hoped his paper went well, but that being deceitful in his approach was not the way to go about it.

He said he came here for honest opinions, looking for the "truth" of what we really believe. The basic "laws" of human decency and interaction in society require that we treat each other with respect and in the manner that we expect to be treated. He did not start with this attitude, but instead deceitfully tried to get a rise out of us. It was obvious most of us understood that from the start, but it was nice to hear it from him.

Even after this, I tried to give him a chance and didn't out him. I sent a friendly letter back trying to encourage more friendly discourse. I shared my opinions on OC and his approach to our group. Here is THAT reply.

_____Original Message_____
Date: 2009-08-28 03:36:27
Subject: Re: Re:

I am getting a little uncomfortable with this email exchange. You seem like you suddenly have some other agenda you wish to explore.

I did what I did because my experience has shown that sometimes you have to "extract" the truth from peopleby using different methods. Plus the under-cover part is an important element in the way people responded to some attack or questioning of their rights and fears. As well as themanner at which they responded to someone who did not agree with their viewpoint or challenged them. In Behavioral Science it is known as the behaviorism.

Thanks again for the olive branch. I don't think I will have a lot of time to talk on email going forward. Good luck with your degree.

Is he trying to imply I'm gay here? If he is, it doesn't really offend me so much as it's a really funny conclusion to come to.

Even though he claims to be doing research on behavior, he genuinely is a paranoid freak. As he said, I offered him an olive branch and tried to move forward with a useful exchange of ideas. He made it quite clear with this response that he was NEVER looking for the "truth" or he would have welcomed the conversation with me without all the paranoia an immaturity.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
Our private correspondence started with me sending a PM inviting him to come hang out in Boise sometime to see responsible gun carry. He responded with that email. Instead of outing him, I STILL tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. I replied replied that I that I hoped his paper went well, but that being deceitful in his approach was not the way to go about it.

He said he came here for honest opinions, looking for the "truth" of what we really believe. The basic "laws" of human decency and interaction in society require that we treat each other with respect and in the manner that we expect to be treated. He did not start with this attitude, but instead deceitfully tried to get a rise out of us. It was obvious most of us understood that from the start, but it was nice to hear it from him.

Even after this, I tried to give him a chance and didn't out him. I sent a friendly letter back trying to encourage more friendly discourse. I shared my opinions on OC and his approach to our group. Here is THAT reply.

_____Original Message_____
Date: 2009-08-28 03:36:27
Subject: Re: Re:

I am getting a little uncomfortable with this email exchange. You seem like you suddenly have some other agenda you wish to explore.

I did what I did because my experience has shown that sometimes you have to "extract" the truth from peopleby using different methods. Plus the under-cover part is an important element in the way people responded to some attack or questioning of their rights and fears. As well as themanner at which they responded to someone who did not agree with their viewpoint or challenged them. In Behavioral Science it is known as the behaviorism.

Thanks again for the olive branch. I don't think I will have a lot of time to talk on email going forward. Good luck with your degree.

Is he trying to imply I'm gay here? If he is, it doesn't really offend me so much as it's a really funny conclusion to come to.

Even though he claims to be doing research on behavior, he genuinely is a paranoid freak. As he said, I offered him an olive branch and tried to move forward with a useful exchange of ideas. He made it quite clear with this response that he was NEVER looking for the "truth" or he would have welcomed the conversation with me without all the paranoia an immaturity.

Not surprisingly, I lost my original reply thanks to our ancient, buggy forum software.

No, he is NOT trying to imply you're gay. :lol:

What about this isn't believable:

There's nothing untruthful about that. He got just what he wanted, candid, angry, violent reactions out of people when their beliefs were questioned and/or they were confronted with a non-believer. That thread showed this community's true colors better than any picnic event ever would. If you really want to get to know someone, observe them at their worst.

He very well may be lying about the paper, but he's 100% right in his research methods. It's this angle of research that went right over the idiot writeme's head when he determined exactly what's required in HIS version of "research."

JT

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Treat me with respect and I'll do the same for you.
The problem with this statement is that it is evident to everyone on this forum that you equate respect with agreement. I learned this in my first interaction with you in which a person reopened an old thread that you started. He agreed with you and was met by courtesy. I joined the thread because I was intrigued by your original post and challenged your assertions on a specific point. I disagreed with you and was met by snide comments and condescending remarks. I was accused of reopening a long dead thread and not reading the thread when the truth was someone else had reopened the thread and you had already re-engaged yourself in the thread. (You had at least 6 recent posts before mine.) You never really addressed my question and and even admitted that you had flamed me. You said, and I quote:
"The problem is that you failed to read through the thread before posting. I don't know if you're just new here or if you're new to the intranetz in general, but you don'tjump into page X of a thread and throw out stuff that's been covered already, and expect to not get flamed."

You transferred the blame for your rudeness to me and used it as an excuse to justify your dismissal of me and my question. When I showed you the inaccuracy of your accusation above you dismissed that as well.

Yourbehavior shows you tonot know the difference between disrespect and disagreement. That's not a surprise in a culture that has a large segment of society that has accepted the premise that disagreement equals hate and allows the "hate" label to be used as a weapon totry and stifle honest debate. I wish your statement about respect weretrue. As I said before, I would enjoy a civil conversation with you but based on every post of yours I have read, that appears to be the farthest thing from your mind.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

I don't doubt the usefulness of his methods if you're talking about examining one person or maybe even a small group of people. However, when talking about such a large crowd of people I don't believe its nearly as useful. Sure, you'll get a couple of very adamant people who will make asses of themselves. And the rest of us. I'm sure that provides great fodder against our movement. Many of us remained respectful towards him, as I did myself. With all of the people here, he was bound to get enough relevant material for his paper. All I'm saying is, from a moral standpoint, his college paper doesn't have enough merit to justify the initial deceit on his part. Its wrong to do that to people, and I chose to continue responding in a respectful manner. I mentioned to him that if he would have come here with honest intentions to start with, he would have received more than enough material and would have gained our respect as well. This gentlemen simply isn't interested with respect to society or to individuals. It makes me feel sorry for the company he keeps.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

JT wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Treat me with respect and I'll do the same for you.
The problem with this statement is that it is evident to everyone on this forum that you equate respect with agreement. I learned this in my first interaction with you in which a person reopened an old thread that you started. He agreed with you and was met by courtesy. I joined the thread because I was intrigued by your original post and challenged your assertions on a specific point. I disagreed with you and was met by snide comments and condescending remarks. I was accused of reopening a long dead thread and not reading the thread when the truth was someone else had reopened the thread and you had already rengaged yourself in the thread. (You had at least 6 recent posts before mine.) You never really addressed my question and and even admitted that you had flamed me. You said, and I quote:
"The problem is that you failed to read through the thread before posting. I don't know if you're just new here or if you're new to the intranetz in general, but you don'tjump into page X of a thread and throw out stuff that's been covered already, and expect to not get flamed."

You transferred the blame for your rudeness to me and used it as an excuse to justify your dismissal of me and my question. When I showed you the inaccuracy of your accusation above you dismissed that as well.

Yourbehavior shows you tonot know the difference between disrespect and disagreement. That's not a surprise in a culture that has a large segment of society that has accepted the premise that disagreement equals hate and allows the "hate" label to be used as a weapon totry and stifle honest debate. I wish your statement about respect weretrue. As I said before, I would enjoy a civil conversation with you but based on every post of yours I have read, that appears to be the farthest thing from your mind.

omg, LET IT GO.

respect =/= agreement I never said, implied, or acted likeit did. Ask the MANY people that I've had conversations with me via PM.They disagree with me up and down, but (aside from the intentional jackass Flinklock that thinks I'm the devil/Obama/Pelosi/Brady) the discussion remains civil and respectful.

wrightme

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Kenosis wrote:
B: Are doing what most others do and intentionally overlooking my intelligent posts and focusing only on when EVERYONE (because it's not just me) gets stupid..
Maybe much of this could be alleviated if you simply put a sigfile with the text of your "intelligent post" in it so new forum members don't have to search through thousands of your "noise" to find it.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
if he would have come here with honest intentions to start with, he would have received more than enough material and would have gained our respect as well.

Or maybe just a bunch of canned responses, without ever really getting to know the pro-gun crowd. It's not hard to see both sides of this one. Like I said, he got what he wanted, and "Um... well I love guns and freedom," wasn't what he was looking for. He wanted to see behavior, not opinions, and he saw it. Note he's doing it for a behavioral science degree, it's not a 6th grade research paper on guns and gun owners.