• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Picnic goers pack lunch & some heat, NewRichmond-news.com

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.newrichmond-news.com/event/article/id/26628/

The picnic at the St. Croix County Fairground in Glenwood City on Aug. 23 was not your typical Sunday afternoon luncheon.

The patriotic picnic played host to about 350 people eating corn on the cob, playing bean bag toss and catching up with friends. These people brought more than casseroles and barbecue to the potluck, however. They brought their handguns with them.

Dave “Ole” Olson hosted the picnic to educate the public and gun owners about their rights.

A large display was erected in the center of the picnic grounds. The boards educated those in attendance about gun laws in Wisconsin.

In addition to the display, there was a petition on a board. The petition was sponsored by opencarry.org. The organization hopes to change the law that requires Wisconsin residents to have their guns unloaded in a vehicle. In addition, the petition wants to rework the law about adults not being able to carry firearms in schools.

Ultimately, those who signed the petition want to make Wisconsin’s guns laws more similar to Minnesota’s.

There were guidelines at the picnic. Attendees had to keep their guns holstered at all times. Only adults 18 years and older could be carrying guns at the event. No long guns -- rifles and shotguns -- were permitted, and there was no alcohol served or brought to the picnic.

A guest book was available for those in attendance to willingly sign. The event was free, but Olson was appreciative of any goodwill donations that were given.
Olson said another similar event is scheduled in Hudson for mid-October.

Nunya B. Beverly Hills, CA 08/27/2009 2:12 PM
Learn more and take action at OpenCarry.org - and sign the petition TODAY for Wisconsin gun rights at pass it on!

Alice R. Baldwin, WI 08/27/2009 12:00 PM
Loooook oouuuuuuttt! Obama and his death panels are-a-commin' fer your guns. I know I would feel ever so much safer if more guns were allowed at schools. Good Lord...

Johnny Stiletto

imported post

Some of the comments that people left behind on the article are disturbing, yet don't surprise me all that much anymore.

The desperate and tired racism accusationsmustcome from a frustration that's due tolack of logical ammo when trying toadd any foundation totheir lifelong, crumblingpolitical beliefs.

Let us explore the mindsetofa buffoonfor a minute:

Does someone disagree with me? Are they acting within the law and present logical arguments to countermy petty gripes? Doesmy fear mongering seem to just bounce right off of them? Never fear! I'll call them a tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist orbring their character into question by calling them a "yahoo" or a "racist". Problem solved! NowI can rest easy.

Thank the Government for the Constitution and the Bill of Privileges!

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Still won't let me log in to submit a comment. I am sure this is deliberate as they do not want to many Pro Gun people commenting. Looks better for the paranoid anti's.