• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second Amendment March Oregon Yahoo Group

SteveInAshand

imported post

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/2ndAmendmentMarchOregon

P.S In southern Oregon / rogue valley you can find me every day "on & off" on CH 38 LSB .

I am also on the Oregon Connection 2m system as KF7ARG < If you don't know what that is then you probably think that cheep cheezy cell phones & twitter is the only way to talk to your friends.

((( announcer voice )) now for our final bonus round question : (( drum roll )) " Before there was cell phones there was a system of free 24 hour communication to your neighbors that cell phones eventually copied" ?

We-the-People

imported post

SteveInAshand wrote:

P.S In southern Oregon / rogue valley you can find me every day "on & off" on CH 38 LSB .

I am also on the Oregon Connection 2m system as KF7ARG < If you don't know what that is then you probably think that cheep cheezy cell phones & twitter is the only way to talk to your friends.

((( announcer voice )) now for our final bonus round question : (( drum roll )) " Before there was cell phones there was a system of free 24 hour communication to your neighbors that cell phones eventually copied" ?

Ummmmmm

CH 38 LSB would be CB lingo for Channel 38, lower side band

The 2M would be HAM jargon.

Do I get a cookie?

SteveInAshand

imported post

We-the-People wrote:
SteveInAshand wrote:

Ummmmmm

CH 38 LSB would be CB lingo for Channel 38, lower side band

The 2M would be HAM jargon.

Do I get a cookie?
COOOOOOORRRRECT, ;)

JBURGII

imported post

I used to hang out on 38 LSB in the Monterey County area.. with the Bravo Delta sideband club.. still have my rig.. hmmm... I really ought to fire that dusty thing up again..

Rev. Jim
BD775

PaxMentis

imported post

JBURGII wrote:
I used to hang out on 38 LSB in the Monterey County area.. with the Bravo Delta sideband club.. still have my rig.. hmmm... I really ought to fire that dusty thing up again..

Rev. Jim
BD775

Nah..."cheep cheezy (sic) cell phones" are more convenient...

:D

Autonym

imported post

KI6KVY, until I get my General, then I'll re-call for the local area. :)

Sadly, my little Yaesu 2m HT doesn't have a lot of range, so I'm stuck using repeaters.

QSL IMI

JBURGII

imported post

PaxMentis wrote:
JBURGII wrote:

Rev. Jim
BD775

Nah..."cheep cheezy (sic) cell phones" are more convenient...

:D
Yea but I don't have to buy any minutes for my radio.. !