• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Assault weapon ban for G-20 summit?

Equinox

imported post

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09240/993804-53.stm

"Pittsburgh's short-lived ban on assault weapons, quashed by the General Assembly in 1994, is still on the city's books, and it may get new life under legislation driven by next month's G-20 summit."

http://kdka.com/local/G20.rally.City.2.1148658.html

"A group supported by The Thomas Merton Center held a rally on the steps of the City-County Building Thursday evening in anticipation of next month's G-20 Summit.

The G-20 Media Support team say they are calling on Pittsburgh City Council to stand up to what they say is the federal takeover and militarization of the city for the G-20.

The group says they have the right to protest when the G-20 Summit comes to town.

"I feel we need to get our voices heard, that we don't want war, we don't want oppression used as a means to keep people down," said one member of the group. "We want to make sure everybody has a voice that there's justice for all."

The press conference featured speakers from various G-20 Summit organizing sectors"

CowboyKen

imported post

The G-20 summit of leaders of economic powerhouse nations is expected to draw protests, and is a National Special Security Event, making the Secret Service the lead security agency.

Given that this is true. The Secret Service will determine who can carry what where and that will be that.

Ken

Thundar

imported post

CowboyKen wrote:
The G-20 summit of leaders of economic powerhouse nations is expected to draw protests, and is a National Special Security Event, making the Secret Service the lead security agency.

Given that this is true. The Secret Service will determine who can carry what where and that will be that.

Ken
The SS may set rules inside of secure areas, but what if you are there first and already have your firearms?

Be not afraid. Americans are still free in PA no matter what Kowboy Ken says.

Original Link:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum46/28521.html

Live Free or Die,

Thundar

CowboyKen

imported post

Thundar wrote:
CowboyKen wrote:

Ken
The SS may set rules inside of secure areas, but what if you are there first and already have your firearms?

Be not afraid. Americans are still free in PA no matter what Kowboy Ken says.

Live Free or Die,

Thundar

It has nothing to do with what I say or don't say, it is what you can expect the Secret Service to do.

To answer your question (and I am sure that you know the answer already) they will remove you from the area if they don't want you to be there. It won't make a bit of difference that "you are there first." This isn't the schoolyard.

Ken