• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Something to think on...

demery

imported post

1. "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

2. Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

3. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

4. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is
a subject.

5. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

6. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

7. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.

8. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

9. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

10. Assault is a behavior, not a device.

11. 64,999,987 legal firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

12. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.

13. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

14. What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?

15. Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.

16. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

17. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I do not agree with a single one of them None of them should ever have needed to be uttered.

But then it's sort of like a contest a local talk show host was having today - "Think Like a Politician." Unpossible, as politicians do not think. Connive, scheme, plot - all probably yes. But think? No!

stay safe.

skidmark

rodbender

imported post

skidmark wrote:
I do not agree with a single one of them None of them should ever have needed to be uttered.

But then it's sort of like a contest a local talk show host was having today - "Think Like a Politician." Unpossible, as politicians do not think. Connive, scheme, plot - all probably yes. But think? No!

stay safe.

skidmark
How true these few words are. Is unpossible a real word? I don't know, have to look it up.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

No, "unpossible" is an internet expression.

Wish it were a real word. Maybe it would help folks remember the difference between "inalienable" (which is not in the Declaration of Independence) and "unalienable" (which is).

stay safe.

skidmark