• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please wake up people

DEROS72

imported post

I know you guys don't like getting political.BUt I just watched a report where senator Jay Rockerfeller introduced a bill giving Obama the right to sieze control of private computer networks. "So called in cases of cyber attacks"

If you don't believe he will go after our weapons to enforce these policies I belive you need to take the blinders off.

compmanio365

imported post

Was reading that. Something they've been talking about for years, but with the "messiah" in power I believe anything is possible these days. Most of the Internet main nodes are under US control so it is quite possible they could "shut down" most of the Internet and make it practically unusable. Given how much we use the Internet for communication and our own planning, etc, it would affect OC and like minded individuals. Hamper free communication is the first step in obtaining control over a people........not that I think it will get that far right soon, but it could be down the pipe....just something to think about people.......

DEROS72

imported post

I mention it because I think it is a prelude to massive control.In order to do that they will try to disarm us and we need to be ready for that.It will be suttle.With one little seemingly harmless control after the other.I sincerely beleive this government we have is everybit as dangerous as any dictatorship in history and we must hang on to our weapons at all costs.We must also remove it and get back to a republic.But in the meantime we are in great danger of loosing our right to bear arms.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I mention it because I think it is a prelude to massive control.In order to do that they will try to disarm us and we need to be ready for that.It will be suttle.With one little seemingly harmless control after the other.I sincerely beleive this government we have is everybit as dangerous as any dictatorship in history and we must hang on to our weapons at all costs.We must also remove it and get back to a republic.But in the meantime we are in great danger of loosing our right to bear arms.

Control the financial system and/or the money supply, and you control the world.

Seize the computer networks thathandle the financialtransactions, and you control everything but the monopoly-money we call cash.

With as little cash as there is, compared to digital money in accounts, cash becomes insignificant andnot worth the bother required to control it. Not when you already control its printing and distribution.

joeroket

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Was reading that.  Something they've been talking about for years, but with the "messiah" in power I believe anything is possible these days.  Most of the Internet main nodes are under US control so it is quite possible they could "shut down" most of the Internet and make it practically unusable.  Given how much we use the Internet for communication and our own planning, etc, it would affect OC and like minded individuals.  Hamper free communication is the first step in obtaining control over a people........not that I think it will get that far right soon, but it could be down the pipe....just something to think about people.......

Completely untrue. The major backbones of the internet are controlled by MCI, Sprint, AT&T, Quest, and Level3, hardly US controlled companies. Also a node is a single device on a network. I do believe like you said there could be something down the pipe that would entice some of these companies to allow gov't intervention.

Ravenhawk

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I know you guys don't like getting political.BUt I just watched a report where senator Jay Rockerfeller introduced a bill giving Obama the right to sieze control of private computer networks. "So called in cases of cyber attacks"

If you don't believe he will go after our weapons to enforce these policies I belive you need to take the blinders off.
Defending against cyber attacks & "going after our weapons" have nothing to do with the other.

What else do you propose he do besides nothing? :banghead:

http://captkarl.blogivists.com/2009...-down-internet-networks-during-cyber-attacks/

http://www.sophos.com/blogs/gc/g/2009/07/13/republican-urges-obama-launch-cyber-attack-north-korea/

I'm sure we'll still be open carrying regardless . . .

compmanio365

imported post

joeroket wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
Was reading that. Something they've been talking about for years, but with the "messiah" in power I believe anything is possible these days. Most of the Internet main nodes are under US control so it is quite possible they could "shut down" most of the Internet and make it practically unusable. Given how much we use the Internet for communication and our own planning, etc, it would affect OC and like minded individuals. Hamper free communication is the first step in obtaining control over a people........not that I think it will get that far right soon, but it could be down the pipe....just something to think about people.......

Completely untrue. The major backbones of the internet are controlled by MCI, Sprint, AT&T, Quest, and Level3, hardly US controlled companies. Also a node is a single device on a network. I do believe like you said there could be something down the pipe that would entice some of these companies to allow gov't intervention.
And these companies are not in the US and subject to US jurisdiction?

gsx1138

imported post

I find it interesting that the Government gets their panties in a bunch when there's something they can't control. And in order to get that control they'll tell us it's for our own safety.

I'll choose freedom over safety any day of the week.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

What makes the Internet work that Obungler could screw with?

Once upon a time there were no DNSs and the 'net worked fine. Build up your local hosts file and tell him to p|ss off. If you've got money build your own DNS.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc
# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost

Richard6218

imported post

This comes from a story posted on the Drudge Report Friday: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10320096-38.html

This is just one more piece of the creeping fascism that the govt is using to erode ALL of our freedoms. Now the FCC is getting ready to bring back the Fairness Doctrine by the back door. The self-avowed communist "czar" of the FCC, Mark Lloyd, last week said this:

In Venezuela, with Chavez, really an incredible revolution - a democratic revolution - to begin to put in place saying that we are going to have impact on the people of Venezuela the property owners and the folks who were then controlling the media in Venezuela rebelled - work frankly with folks here in the US Government to oust him and came back and had another revolution. And Chavez then started to take the media very seriously in this country.

If I can read through this horrible butchery of the English language, I think he is saying that Hugo Chavez is a shining example of how to control the media, and that we here in the US need to follow that example. Coming from one of the President's appointed "czars", this is truly scary stuff.

Richard6218

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
joeroket wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:

And these companies are not in the US and subject to US jurisdiction?
True, the internet networks are built by and controlled by, the private companies you list. But the Rockefeller/Snowe bill would give the president authority to seize thesecompanies for any "national emergency" that HE declares. Nationalize the companies and he's effectively got control of the networks. Don't brush this off --- he's already done it with General Motors and AIG. WAKE UP, AMERICA!

Ravenhawk

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
True, the internet networks are built by and controlled by, the private companies you list. But the Rockefeller/Snowe bill would give the president authority to seize thesecompanies for any "national emergency" that HE declares. Nationalize the companies and he's effectively got control of the networks. Don't brush this off --- he's already done it with General Motors and AIG. WAKE UP, AMERICA!
What else should be done in times of emergency?

Lets have an Open carry tea party to "wake up" Obama supporters lol

Tomahawk

imported post

One of the provisions in the bill was to require some IT professionals to get government licenses. Guys like, say, Bill Gates, who never finished college, might have a hard time meeting the government standards.

Look, folks, the freedom of the internet age has been fun, we've used it to decentralize news and for massive two-way communication and to get around goverment propaganda. The rise of the open carry movement across the nation was facilitated by a mostly-free internet, for instance.

But you didn't think Big Brother would let this party go on forever, did you?

1245A Defender

imported post

i read a terrible book about the tech that was put in place after 9 11 by cia and nsa to suck every bit of info out of the phones and computors and thereby learn everything about everbody all the time.:uhoh:

Tomahawk

imported post

2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:

i read a terrible book about the tech that was put in place after 9 11 by cia and nsa to suck every bit of info out of the phones and computors and thereby learn everything about everbody all the time.:uhoh:
I'm guessing it was written by James Bamford? Very good investigative writer he is.