• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AL SD Shooter Acquitted Of Murder Charge

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Pagan wrote:
Some guy approaches me with a gun in his hand, and he has threatened me in the past, and then raises his gun towards me in ANY fashion that resembles anything other than a gift or an apology, I am going to everything in my power to stop him from harming me.

The jury saw the situation for what it was, and made the right call.
Fixed it for you, my way. :)

Yata hey

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Pagan wrote:
Some guy approaches me with a gun in his hand, and he has threatened me in the past, and then raises his gun towards me in ANY fashion that resembles anything other than a gift or an apology, I am going to everything in my power to stop him from harming me.

Yata hey

+1 Those are the words you need to use in court and when you are questioned.

"I did what I did to keep him from harming me" (and/or my family, others, etc).

You NEVER shoot to kill or wound. You are shooting to STOP the person from harming yourself or others. Remembering those words may be the difference between a cell and yourliving roomthat night.

If you shoot to kill or worse, to wound, you better BOHICA because you screwed up!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Pagan wrote:

Yata hey

You NEVER shoot to kill or wound. You are shooting to STOP the person from harming yourself or others. Remembering those words may be the difference between a cell and yourliving roomthat night.

If you shoot to kill or worse, to wound, you better BOHICA because you screwed up!
Equally as important, your words/postings here on OCDO "can and will be used against you."

You only have to google someones screen name to find reference to their quotes. A good attorney will get this in discovery. Don't allow your words to potentially bite you in the a$$.

Yata hey

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Well-put, Grapeshot. I wonder if that happened tothe kid in Lousy-anna? I read some of his posts and it seems he was looking for trouble at times. Some folks just walk around with a chip on their shoulders.

:uhoh:

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Pagan wrote:

Yata hey

Equally as important, your words/postings here on OCDO "can and will be used against you."

You only have to google someones screen name to find reference to their quotes. A good attorney will get this in discovery. Don't allow your words to potentially bite you in the a$$.

I wonder if there is a copy of Pagan's original post's wording is in the forum's database.....?
39.gif