• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ugh, How long do I have to wait? geez.

0V3RC10CK3D

imported post

So I bought and paid for a Ruger SR9 on Saturday the 22nd and they said they'd call me once they get a response back and everything clears.

Tuesday the 25th I went to the local Sheriff's office and applied for a CPL.

Friday the 28th (today) my CPL came in the mail so I went to pick up my gun, they said the report they sent hadn't cleared yet and I would have to wait for it to come back regardless of the fact that i now have my CPL, apparently since I didn't have it when I bought the handgun they are unable to use it now and I still have to wait......LAME. They can't redo the transaction or do anything about it they say. How long can this take?

j2l3

imported post

It takes THREE business days for NICS to issue the "proceed" or "Deny" order. If they fail to issue one of these within three business days (not counting the day of application) then the FFL "may" deliver the firearm."May" means they do not have to issue but that they can without further involvement of NICS. I am not sure how long your local PD or SO has to process anything they have to do.

Metalhead47

imported post

Didn't someone else just recently have another problem like this, with the FFL insisting on getting the go-ahead from "THEM" before proceeding? Same dealer maybe?

Before I got my CPL I bought four guns in a single transaction thru Discount Gun in Kirkland. They never heard anything back from "THEM" and were only too happy to turn over my purchase after the required number of business days had passed.

Oliferous

Lynnwood and Capitol Hill, Washington, USA
imported post

0V3RC10CK3D wrote:
So I bought and paid for a Ruger SR9 on Saturday the 22nd and they said they'd call me once they get a response back and everything clears.
Funny, I'm also having trouble obtaining my paid for Ruger SR9, and I started the process on the 1st! I put a post up called "Help, Why can't I get my gun?!?!" Folks put up some useful ideas and posts there.
Pretty much what I've found out is, regardless of if they give a proceed or deny in the 5 day period, most shops will not complete the transaction without a proceed actually being given. And the Lynnwood PD said to me that a "hold" IS a response so they have 30 days to give you the run-around. At least that's what they told me, and I don't really buy it! And if the transaction isn't finished within a 30 day window, you have to start it over again!
If i was in a rush to get my gun, I'd just get my money back!
Hope some of that was helpful, I feel your pain:cry:
Also, what office did you apply for your CPL at? That sounds FAST!!
Good luck!

Oliferous

Lynnwood and Capitol Hill, Washington, USA
imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
Didn't someone else just recently have another problem like this, with the FFL insisting on getting the go-ahead from "THEM" before proceeding? Same dealer maybe?
Yup, that was me.. Ben's Loan is where I'm TRYING to buy mine. Funny though, everyone else I've talked that has dealt with 'em has LOVED them..

0V3RC10CK3D

imported post

Yea that sucks, geez, if I don't get it soon I'll just ask for a refund and buy it elsewhere with my CPL.

I got my CPL from the Sheriffs office in North Everett at the courthouse on Rockefeller.

steble01

imported post

really??? i just bought a 642 from bens loans......cheapest price in town by $100 atleast.....fast friendly service...though this has been my only dealings with them..

steble01

imported post

$449....most of my purchases have been through private sales, and i called around on this 642 because i wanted to get it new......we will just say that champion arms had a model 442 for $649 and i will leave it at that. i love the guys at champion, and shoot there once and a while, but i am not going to pay that for a 442

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

thats a good price , its a shocker but theres always 1 thats a good deal.