• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ATL Alarm and Muster meet up - I'll be OC'ing

BARELY ILLEGAL

imported post

I will be OC'ing at the upcoming Alarm and Muster (A&M)meetup (muster)in Atlanta on Saturday, September 5th. My intent is that this not be construed as a "public gathering." Hence, I'm not inviting the general public. Hence I'm not posting the exact location on the internet. BUT, if you're an A&M member, or would like to become one by signing up for the call tree, I'm putting my email and phone here at the bottom (temporarily)so anyone interested can contact me for more info and we can go from there.

BTW, A&M is F-R-E-E to join. It is simply a nationwide call tree of likeminded individuals for the purpose of emergency communication. It is a great way to network with serious 2nd Amendment rights supporters. More info about A&M can be found here:

http://alarmandmuster.com/index.html

-Dan

danieljalmond2004@gmail.com

404-788-9735

aadvark

imported post

Militia Muster Grounds were originally exempt from the Public Gathering Law, but I have heard some police debate that Gun Shows ARE Public Gatherings.

mark5019

imported post

thats why i carry at all shows, of course its unloaded and zip tied closed:banghead:

N00blet45

imported post

Could it be considered a political rally? This could be considered a political group? I know it's a stretch but it's not unlike lawyers to stretch the law.

Also what exactly constitutes "public" in public gathering? Is it when it is on public property? Is it when it is open to the public? Or is it when any of the public gather, even if it was invitation only and on private property?

Ambiguous is too mild a term to describe the public gathering law.

aadvark

imported post

AMEN to that... HOUSE BILL 615 MUST PASS!

No body knows what a Public Gathering is... in fact, The Police do not even know what a Public Gathering is. I have spoke to a Police Chief in Georiga about this Law and I was told by him that the definition literally changes from City to City and County to County.

Everyone agrees that Churches and Public Buildings are both, unfortuantely, Public Gatherings; however, from that point on it is really a matter of Officer discrestion. Everyone agrees, as do the Courts in Georgia, that even having a Permit is no defense to the almighty Public Gathering Law.

Georgia'sFirearm Laws are all racist and based off of Jim Crow Laws that stood solely to disenfranchiseBlacks. This is the case about all, if not most, Southern Laws to thisday.

HOUSE BILL 615 IS COMING... IT WILL PASS!

BARELY ILLEGAL

imported post

N00blet45 wrote:
Could it be considered a political rally? This could be considered a political group? I know it's a stretch but it's not unlike lawyers to stretch the law.

Also what exactly constitutes "public" in public gathering? Is it when it is on public property? Is it when it is open to the public? Or is it when any of the public gather, even if it was invitation only and on private property?

Ambiguous is too mild a term to describe the public gathering law.

The political rally part of the PG law is the worst part, IMO. I'm telling everyone I'm inviting that it will not be a political rally. I'm not trying to gather the general public; only members I know and their guests. We will be at a location which, from my understanding (and I've done some research), does not prohibit firearms.

We will be gathered, yes; public, no. However, as soon as a group begins making statements which sound political, does it then become a political rally? That's the really nasty part of PG law isn't it? Soundspretty unconstitutional to me. I mean you can exercise your right to bear arms, so long as you don't exercise your right to speak freely at the same time as if you're only allowed to exercise one right at a time.

I guessI could err on the side of keeping my mouth shut at the gathering just to be sure I don't engage in any political speech, but that's not me. I intend on speaking my mind.

Although, for the record, we are not going to be gathering with the intent of supporting one candidate for office or another.

N00blet45

imported post

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I'm surprised that no one has challenged this law on its violation of the 1st amendment. It would seem that like barely illegal said you can exercise one right or the other but not both at the same time. That is highly offensive to liberty.

Can you imagine only being able to exercise one right at a time? You can exercise your right to petition the government but you can't exercise your right to be free from unreasonable search and seizure.

The problem is that unless you give very bland statements anything you say will be political. I could say I don't like abortion or that I hate the NRA or that I don't think pot is so bad and all of those could be construed as political statements. The PG law reminds me of a Jim Crow law.

It is constructed in such a way that they can use it to apply to any situation they want. In the past it was used to keep blacks from carrying arms at political events, now it's enforced on everyone.

I found this gem on the racist roots of gun control by the wonderful GCO.

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/racist-roots-of-ga-gun-laws.pdf

BARELY ILLEGAL

imported post

N00blet45 wrote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I'm surprised that no one has challenged this law on its violation of the 1st amendment. It would seem that like barely illegal said you can exercise one right or the other but not both at the same time. That is highly offensive to liberty.

Can you imagine only being able to exercise one right at a time? You can exercise your right to petition the government but you can't exercise your right to be free from unreasonable search and seizure.

The problem is that unless you give very bland statements anything you say will be political. I could say I don't like abortion or that I hate the NRA or that I don't think pot is so bad and all of those could be construed as political statements. The PG law reminds me of a Jim Crow law.

It is constructed in such a way that they can use it to apply to any situation they want. In the past it was used to keep blacks from carrying arms at political events, now it's enforced on everyone.

I found this gem on the racist roots of gun control by the wonderful GCO.

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/racist-roots-of-ga-gun-laws.pdf

Some more examples of why the political rally portion of the PG rule is the most evil part of it:

Say I'm with some friends in a public space in GA such as a sidewalk (away from schools or churches) where it is OK to carry. I'm carrying. This is all legal. BUT, then some of us are interviewed by a reporter who has a cameramanabout a political issue. Say, the reporter comes up to us to do a "man on the street" interview. We all start trying to get in a few words with the reporter, we get a little loud, and we all sound to be "on the same page" in regard to the issue the reporter asks us about. Did we violate the PG rule by engaging in a political rally once we started talking to the reporter? ShouldI say to the reporter, "sorry,I can't answer your question because I'm carrying a weapon?"

Another example: Say my work takes me to bad neighborhoods sometimes so I carry for protection. Say I install fences and window bars on foreclosed properties to secure them. I get out of my car to inspect a site, and as I walk around the block to get a full view of the whole building, there's an ACORN anti-foreclosure rally next door. Or, say members of the ACORN rally start coming toward me. Do I have to get out of their way to avoid being part of a public gathering. DoI have to leave the area completely and wait for their rally to be over before i can resume my work?