Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 75

Thread: This Looks Really Bad For Open Carry

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pierce is a Coward, ,
    Posts
    1,100

    Post imported post

    Evidently, the guy who openly carried his AR-15 attends some nutjob homegrown church where the "pastor" prayed for Obama to die.

    http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmem...en.php?ref=fpb

    If you're a gun owner, stay away from the scary churches and know that Jesus is called the Prince of Peace, not Shiva.



  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, ,
    Posts
    181

    Post imported post

    Why is it bad for open carry? Because he's exercising another of his inalienable rights - the freedom of religion?

    I'm not saying I agree with his chosen religion's leader, but this is a slippery slope that you really don't want to start sliding on.

    Besides, he wasn't brandishing or calling for Obama to be killed, so he was *legally* carrying. Beyond that, you have to take media reports with a grain of salt because they're more interesting in fabricating the news than accurately reporting it.





  3. #3
    Regular Member KansasMustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Herington, Kansas, USA
    Posts
    1,005

    Post imported post

    This is straight out of Saul Olynskis (sp) Handbook. They can't attack the fact that his openly carrying the (assault rifle) as we all know it is not, so attack the individual, personalize it, even if it means fabricating a story. Remember always that the progressives will stop at nothing to obtain their objectives. The drive by media are owned by the ones that want to destroy freedom in America. And the enemies are inside the gates already.
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

  4. #4
    Regular Member sraacke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saint Gabriel, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1,222

    Post imported post

    smoking357 wrote:
    Someone needs to tell Republican Jesus to get his damned booger hook off the fracking bang switch.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    42

    Post imported post

    "This is the second example of the gun-toters at the Arizona Obama event tied to the violent fringes of American life."
    The only violence I've witnessed associated with Steven Anderson, is when he exercised his Constitutional rights as an American citizen, and was beaten, tasered, and left to suffer for hours with pieces of broken glass embedded in his face. All at the hands of the so called "Border Patrol", at a "check point", well within the borders of the United States. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJF5c...video_response
    I would assume that the far majority of the people that are registered to this forum do so because they believe in the God given, or natural, right to bear arms to protect one's self and family. If you aren't prepared to witness everyone around you, that is legally able, exercising that right, you might as well go to the other side. They are more than happy to ration away our Rights by spreading fear through stereotypes.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    Unbelievable.... no wait... that's perfectly believable.

    Gun owners as a group need to run, as fast as they can, away from these raging psychos.

  7. #7
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    AWDstylez wrote:
    Unbelievable.... no wait... that's perfectly believable.

    Gun owners as a group need to run, as fast as they can, away from these raging psychos.
    Yea but you keep following us.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    374

    Post imported post

    jsimmons wrote:
    Why is it bad for open carry? Because he's exercising another of his inalienable rights - the freedom of religion?

    I'm not saying I agree with his chosen religion's leader, but this is a slippery slope that you really don't want to start sliding on.

    Besides, he wasn't brandishing or calling for Obama to be killed, so he was *legally* carrying. Beyond that, you have to take media reports with a grain of salt because they're more interesting in fabricating the news than accurately reporting it.
    You really ought to wake up and notice what's going on around you. The "slippery slope" started quite a while back. Didn't you pay attention to ANYTHING during the presidential campaign? Words matter. Perceptions matter. If you don't believe me, just ask Obama about the politicaleffect that HIS pastor's words had on HIM.

  9. #9
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705

    Post imported post

    No big deal. I'm sure that although he's attended the church for nigh on 20 years now, he didn't listen to a thing the pastor said during that time.

    Oh wait...

    TFred

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    , Ohio, USA
    Posts
    65

    Post imported post

    I don't understand the problem? Do all of you agree with thePERSONAL opinions of your Preacher? Just because he goes to that Church, does not mean that he agrees with all of the things that come from the Pastors mouth. You can't assume that he has the same opinions, just because he worships there. What are we doing, assuming that this is some kind of cult?How does this really affect our right to carry? The man did nothing wrong, by openly carrying his weapons. Do we then, have totryand find something else to ridicule him about? Jumping on the bandwagon with the media, about his Religious beliefs, is just ridiculous. I will continue to stand by his right t carry his weapons, because that is what I would want everyone to do for me. I am SURE that everyone here is not of the same Religious faith. We do not all worship the same way, so why do we care how he does? What would have happened, if the media would have found out that he didn't have any Religion. Would they then, have called him a GUN-LOVING ATHEIST? And if they had, why would we have cared. He still wasn't breaking the law! What does any of this, have to do with our right as Americans to carry our firearms?:?

  11. #11
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    D_Weezy wrote:
    I don't understand the problem? Do all of you agree with thePERSONAL opinions of your Preacher? Just because he goes to that Church, does not mean that he agrees with all of the things that come from the Pastors mouth. You can't assume that he has the same opinions, just because he worships there. What are we doing, assuming that this is some kind of cult?How does this really affect our right to carry? The man did nothing wrong, by openly carrying his weapons. Do we then, have totryand find something else to ridicule him about? Jumping on the bandwagon with the media, about his Religious beliefs, is just ridiculous. I will continue to stand by his right t carry his weapons, because that is what I would want everyone to do for me. I am SURE that everyone here is not of the same Religious faith. We do not all worship the same way, so why do we care how he does? What would have happened, if the media would have found out that he didn't have any Religion. Would they then, have called him a GUN-LOVING ATHEIST? And if they had, why would we have cared. He still wasn't breaking the law! What does any of this, have to do with our right as Americans to carry our firearms?:?
    +1, but sometimes the group you belong to does matter. I agree with your post, and am for one glad it was a well spoken, polite gentleman not some tinfoil hat militia type, or aryan nation type this would not have looked good on our community, I have heard that he belonged to a fringe group also, but nowhere in his comments did he say this. So like you said it shouldn't matter.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  12. #12
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    Ohhh... had I only known. ( 'Don't go to church much. Life member of the VFW tho... Am Legion 'n the FRA) This would'a sent 'em up the wall... under the table 'n 'round the bend tho... Prob'ly

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Walton County, Georgia, ,
    Posts
    475

    Post imported post

    So what if he believes some crazy stuff? Tom Cruise is a firm believer in Scientology. Does that mean that he shouldn't have a weapon? Does that mean we should criticize him for performing a perfectly legal action in line with the US Constitution?

    I'm sure some of the people who covered the guy at the event in Arizona have some wacko ideas but does that mean they should be questioned when they exercise their first amendment right?

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PHOENIX, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    65

    Post imported post

    It could have been a nun in her habit and the media would have found fault.
    Why give it any credence at all.
    The media will struggle to discredit anything or anyone that takes away or sheds any dim light on the ovomit parade.

    What happened to the reverend wright the ovomit preacher, how soon we forget.
    Means nothing to anyone, when you ignor it, and go on with life as planned.
    JMO.
    rj

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    Why is it bad for open carry?

    It is not like we are all mind-numbed robot members of a 'movement'. We are individuals with common interests and some are capable of independent thought with which you may or may not agree. There may even be criminals among us. I know that there are some willfully ignorant skells here.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, ,
    Posts
    181

    Post imported post

    Flyer22 wrote:
    jsimmons wrote:
    Why is it bad for open carry? Because he's exercising another of his inalienable rights - the freedom of religion?

    I'm not saying I agree with his chosen religion's leader, but this is a slippery slope that you really don't want to start sliding on.

    Besides, he wasn't brandishing or calling for Obama to be killed, so he was *legally* carrying. Beyond that, you have to take media reports with a grain of salt because they're more interesting in fabricating the news than accurately reporting it.
    You really ought to wake up and notice what's going on around you. The "slippery slope" started quite a while back. Didn't you pay attention to ANYTHING during the presidential campaign? Words matter. Perceptions matter. If you don't believe me, just ask Obama about the politicaleffect that HIS pastor's words had on HIM.
    I'm not referring to what was said by the pastor, or even by the news media. I was referring to the OP's claim that we should inhibit the gun carriers right to freedom of religion. THAT is the slippery slope I'm referring to. That's the same as anti-gun advocates saying that we shouldn't be allowed to keep and bear.

    If the gun carrier becomes a nut-job, he also becomes a target for the rest of us. Problem solved.

  17. #17
    Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Real World.
    Posts
    1,705

    Post imported post

    smoking357 wrote:
    Evidently, the guy who openly carried his AR-15 attends some nutjob homegrown church where the "pastor" prayed for Obama to die.

    http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmem...en.php?ref=fpb

    If you're a gun owner, stay away from the scary churches and know that Jesus is called the Prince of Peace, not Shiva.

    SO F^CKING WHAT!!!

    OBOZO sat in a church for 20 years listening to racist hate speech from a militant black separatist. This is just more liberal BULL$H!T from a pinko troll.


    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bonney Lake, Washington, United States
    Posts
    22

    Post imported post

    I was on the fence about OC for months..if youre an unsure citizen and you see a "gun guy" with a political shirt right away you find it hard not to label him as a gun nut..and i say that as a gun guy myself.However when i saw Ar-15 Chris that really got me thinking..here was a clean cut guy dressed like a store manager..non threatning looking and looking like a professional.Im just saying you have to look at it from the peoples perspective we are trying to change..i own all those Dont Tread On Me shirts but i dont wear them when i OC..its a choice of course but we need to get the people to see us in a friendly way..its like we're going on a job interview every time we OC.I'm not saying wear a tie,just maybe keep the tone down...thats how i look at it.

  19. #19
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    smoking357 wrote:
    the "pastor" prayed for Obama to die.
    So do I.

    And what has Obama prayed for? Oh, wait, he'd be praying to himself....
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gloucester, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    629

    Post imported post

    I don't care if the guy worships hot steammy piles of fresh dog sh*t, if he is not trying to violently force his views down my throat, or violate the rights of my fellow citizens, he can do as he damn well pleases, andI will support his right to do so. The media lives on hype. No hype, no interest in their latest rants, the media are like hollywood actors, always doing or saying something crazy just to get your attention; so that we don't forget about them, like immature people just dying for attention.

    On the other hand we should be aware of the impact this will have on our less logically thinking citizens, which make up large portions of the voting public.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pierce is a Coward, ,
    Posts
    1,100

    Post imported post

    ixtow wrote:
    smoking357 wrote:
    the "pastor" prayed for Obama to die.
    So do I.
    Delete your post. I'll delete this one when you do.

  22. #22
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    smoking357 wrote:
    ixtow wrote:
    smoking357 wrote:
    the "pastor" prayed for Obama to die.
    So do I.
    Delete your post. I'll delete this one when you do.
    Why?
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  23. #23
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lamma Island, HK
    Posts
    964

    Post imported post

    I think that someone that supports rights is a great person to have on our side. . .

    I love how people want to use other aspects of a persons life to disqualify them for something else unrelated.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flint, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    31

    Post imported post

    Theseus wrote:
    I love how people want to use other aspects of a persons life to disqualify them for something else unrelated.
    Unfortunately this is a sad reality. For a lot of people is not about what's right/wrong, true/false or good/bad, it's what they "perceive" to be right or wrong, "perceive" to be true or false or what they "perceive" to be good or bad.

    One of the biggest hurdles that we as gun owners face is the perception that guns are evil and that gun owners are over zealous nut jobs. We know that's not true but that's how most of the media portrays us therefore that's how a lot of society perceives us.

    When it comes to public opinion and perception, aspects of our lives that should be irrelevant and private are suddenly front line and can used to make us appear as something we are not.

    Fact: Man owns guns.
    Fact: Man attends a church where the pastor prays that the president is struck down by god.
    Fact: Man attends presidential rallies carrying his gun.
    Fact: Man's done nothing illegal and is simply exercising his rights.

    Possible perception 1: He's a lawful responsible citizen that is exercising his right to bear arms and freedom of religion. He's done nothing illegal and is well within his rights to do what he pleases.

    Possible Perception 2: He's a nut job, should never be allowed anywhere near the president and the reason guns should be removed from normal citizens. (Sadly, I have co-workers/relatives that have expressed this opinion).

    I've observed reaction from both sides on this one and I agree that this is a very slippery slope. I see how this can benefit the cause and I can also see how it can hurt it. I'm curious to see how it plays out and what spin it gets from various media sources.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,128

    Post imported post

    In an interview with ABC 15 outside the storefront Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe, Broughton said of Anderson's controversial August 16 "Why I Hate Barack Obama" sermon: "I concur, I think we'd be better off if God would send [Obama] where he's going now instead of later. [Obama] is destroying our country."

    And when a reporter followed up with, "you're not advocating violence against the president?" Broughton, who has previously said his weapons are for defense, says "I'm not going to answer that question directly."

    "I don't care how God does it, I'm not going into further detail than that," Broughton says. "It would be better now than later."

    We need to run -- not walk -- away from this person and his contemptable views.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •